Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headset for PS4

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

is it possible to listen to audio on PS4 with bluetooth headphones?

seems Sony are becoming more and more like Apple every day

Ps3 was a much better entertainment system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,995 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't think you can use BT headphones with the PS4.
    Well, I couldn't get a set working anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've tried it, and it specifically says back that it doesn't work with BT headphones when I tried pairing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I think the only options for bluetooth headphones are sony’s own ps ones

Which then dont work with any other devices, which is beyond ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

I think the only options for bluetooth headphones are sony’s own ps ones

Which then dont work with any other devices, which is beyond ****

That's because the ps4 wireless headset uses wifi to transfer audio between the dongle attached to the ps4 and the headset.

I have the headset, sound is amazing and mic is perfect but I have in the last few months had issues where the sounds cuts in and out at times.

It seems to be an issue caused by too many connections on the wifi.

Very annoying, if anyone knows a permanent solution to this let me know, best fix is to make the ps4 wired by ethernet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the Hyperx Cloud Alpha is €100 in store but they have a 20% off sign on them

https://www.gamestop.ie/Other%20Products/Games/70514/hyperx-cloud-alpha-pro-gaming-headset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

rejkin wrote: »
    That's because the ps4 wireless headset uses wifi to transfer audio between the dongle attached to the ps4 and the headset.

I have the headset, sound is amazing and mic is perfect but I have in the last few months had issues where the sounds cuts in and out at times.

It seems to be an issue caused by too many connections on the wifi.

Very annoying, if anyone knows a permanent solution to this let me know, best fix is to make the ps4 wired by ethernet.

It's not WiFi but it is all on the same frequency, so Bluetooth too.

Do you have any USB hubs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Skerries wrote: »
    the Hyperx Cloud Alpha is €100 in store but they have a 20% off sign on them

https://www.gamestop.ie/Other%20Products/Games/70514/hyperx-cloud-alpha-pro-gaming-headset

Does anyone know if this deal is still ongoing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Varik wrote: »
    It's not WiFi but it is all on the same frequency, so Bluetooth too.

Do you have any USB hubs?

I don't but I might get one.

I also have an external 2TB hard drive connected on the second usb connection and apparently that can cause conflicts.

I'll certainly be wary of this next time I get a headset.

Besides that issue they are an excellent pair of headphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

So it seems trying to find a decent headset for PS4 is no easy task. Many headsets claim to do surround sound or virtual surround sound but when it comes down to it the vast majority of them only support stereo on PS4 it seems. I bought Logitech G935’s. All over the box it states all the surround sound it supports but only stereo on PS4. Bought Razer Nari Ultimates. Again only stereo on PS4. I know PlayStation brand gold and platinum headsets support Surround sound but the Golds are very fragile and break easily. I had the platinums and to be honest I could not wear them as they were very uncomfortable.

It is very difficult to find a list of headsets that support surround sound on PS4. Can anyone suggest any ?

You're better going with stereo imo anyway. That processed 7.1 usually ruins sound in game. If you're willing to shell out for Astro A40's, they have VSS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Thought I posted in this. I got the Official New Wireless Gold last year for €60 iirc. Think they're down to that again with the current sale. I think they're perfect. Agree that the 7.1 doesn't sound right in some games (makes a crap job on Diablo 3 for example, compared to the stereo option. Then again, maybe Diablo 3 doesn't have surround...). Works really well for CoD though, and there's an app to download different presets, but it's bare bones and you can only have 1 downloaded at a time (there's a second standard option that's permanent, changed with a physical button).

I haven't had much experience with other headsets, so this may not be as good as I think it is, but it's definitely the best headset i've had, and I had the TurtleBeach XP510's for years before that, which I thought were the dogs danglies. If you can extend to the Platinum headset, it's supposed to be a good bit better and has proper support for 3D audio enabled games (most Sony first party titles of late, except Spiderman). I was thinking of upgrading, but with the PS5 coming soon, I'm sure there'll be a new headset to take advantage of the hinted amazing audio it will have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If you can extend to the Platinum headset, it's supposed to be a good bit better and has proper support for 3D audio enabled games (most Sony first party titles of late, except Spiderman). I was thinking of upgrading, but with the PS5 coming soon, I'm sure there'll be a new headset to take advantage of the hinted amazing audio it will have.

Yep they are, I've said it on other threads and they're top class. Well worth the extra money over the Gold set, a lot of the first party games like Uncharted 4 and God of War have their own specific settings for the headset

The 3D surround sound is great while gaming as well, served damn well for hunting in Red Dead 2

Advertisement