Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"my name is rasher..see..ive had me tea..see"

Options
  • 23-05-2008 4:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

please dont tell me the fella on that ad is the same fella in the "kevo" thread?

do ye remember that ad? "hello its me, oi've had me tea.........old style rashers like they used to be" or something along those lines (galtee old style rashers).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Jebus...bad flashback there. We used to change the words to "me name is rasher, I've had some gee'.

Mature, I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

He had this horrible jacket with an R on it, I think.

"My name is Rashers see, I've had these flashes, see, about something something rashers used to be" ...

I'm convinced Damien Dempsey had the ad in his mind when he made that awful 'Duberlin town' record in the mid 90's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I don't know if it was Kevo but it was a Kevo type. Speaking of rashers, wasn't there an ad where a kid (perhaps the same one, can't remember) who brought his granny to a pawn shop to sell her for rashers & sausages. And there were loads of other grannies already on the shelf behind the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Yeah Firetrap there was - my granny found it highly offensive!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

You mean, she was hoping that when you did trade her in, it would be for something more exciting than rashers. Like amphetamines or something :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Pretty much, I think she may have rang RTE and everything to complain!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

flanum wrote: »
    please dont tell me the fella on that ad is the same fella in the "kevo" thread?

do ye remember that ad? "hello its me, oi've had me tea.........old style rashers like they used to be" or something along those lines (galtee old style rashers).

I remember my brother used to say when that ad came on that he,d beat the crap out of that guy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

stovelid wrote: »
    He had this horrible jacket with an R on it, I think.

"My name is Rashers see, I've had these flashes, see, about something something rashers used to be" ...

I'm convinced Damien Dempsey had the ad in his mind when he made that awful 'Duberlin town' record in the mid 90's.

:D

Advertisement