Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Well water pressure issues

Options
  • 22-04-2019 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Hi . Hoping to get some advice to point me in right direction with a water pressure issue with my home well.
    Basically after using the outdoor tap for a few minutes the water stops running . The pressure gauge drops to zero on the pressure cylinder . Normal
    Pressure is between 40 and 60 pSI. After a minute or so the pump kicks in and the pressure builds and water flows again .
    Trying to determine if my pump is on the way out or more likely to be the cylinder .
    Maybe someone out there has experienced the same thing or knows from their work experiences .

Thanks in advance folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

Sounds like a faulty pressure switch...easiest and cheapest part to replace first about €20 in HM

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

ShanE90 wrote: »
    Sounds like a faulty pressure switch...easiest and cheapest part to replace first about €20 in HM

Thanks Shan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭blackbox

Your pressure switch probably just needs to have the orifice cleaned. Common problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Pressure switch was the issue - thanks all

Advertisement