Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Angled thermostatic radiator valves

• 20-04-2019 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

Is there something I can do about the attached photo? There isn't enough space to put a straight thermostatic valve so I am looking for a way to fit one in. Can I get an angled one or something else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭niley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

niley wrote: »

That could work. I am not great with plumbing, does the whole body that's there now need to be swapped out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Is there something I can do about the attached photo? There isn't enough space to put a straight thermostatic valve so I am looking for a way to fit one in. Can I get an angled one or something else?

It was some genius who put that rad valve on the radiator. :rolleyes:
    Drain the system, then just take the valve off and turn it around so that the Thermostatic head points outwards.
    If the head is pointing out too far and is likely to get damaged, you could just put a standard valve on it.
    It's a very straightforward fix.

AstraMonti wrote: »
    That could work. I am not great with plumbing, does the whole body that's there now need to be swapped out?

Whichever way, unless you leave it as is, yes the valve needs to be removed.

But you do have another option.
    Most of these valves come with a cap which is used for turning the valve on and off during installation / commissioning. If you had this cap you could just use that and it would be an easy fix if you didn't mind loosing the advantage of thermostatic control.

Advertisement