Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Movies that made you shed a tear

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Couple of blasts from the past:

Madame X

The Last Snows of Spring (Italian)

We saw the latter in the old Astor Cinema on Eden Quay and on the way out the manager and staff were handing out (much-needed) tissues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Censored11

SeaFields wrote: »
    Marley and me

I'm a manly mans man and this movie made water leak out of my eyes. I don't know what happened. Gf called me a pussy that night...
    I was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

War horse so sad.

The man in the Iron mask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

The notebook ,UP,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭micks_address

Avengers end game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Dutchy

The last 5 minutes of it's a wonderful Life. At Christmas, with a glass of wine in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

The Iron Giant

( .... superman .... )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The one film I cannot watch without becoming a sobbing mess is Field of Dreams.

The bit at the end where he gets to meet his dad " long before he had been beaten down by life"

I think it's something we can forget, that the person our parents turn into are not necessarily the ones they would have wished to become.

Even my kids laugh when it comes on, they go get me hankies :)

Yep that's the one that gets me as well, the missus slags the hell out of me because of it 😁

Thats because she crys at most films with any tearjerker scenes 😂🤣😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Bridge to Terabithia

Me, Earl and the Dying Girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Senna

• Advertisement

Always seemed to watch these types of movies in The screen, now demolished in Hawkins street.

My movie: Sophie's choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

saabsaab wrote: »
    Song for a raggy boy. Very powerful great acting by Aidan Quinn and Iain Glen and based on true events.

This is my father. Another powerful performance by Aidan Quinn. I've watched it several times but it still never fails to choke me up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I’m sure there are loads (it doesn’t take a whole lot to make me cry!) but some of the most obvious ones I can think of are;

Titanic: the scene with the old couple in bed while the water rushes in and the scene where the band play ‘Nearer My God To Thee’ get me every time.

End of Watch: the shoot out and the ending always makes me tear up, for personal reasons. Great film.

Me Before You: I’m not really a romantic film kinda girl but this one makes me weepy for sure.

My Girl. Doesn’t really need any explanation!

I refuse to watch Marley and Me or any film about a dog where the dog dies. I can’t handle it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,103 ✭✭✭amacca

Field of dreams (I'm not a big fan of baseball btw)

Anthing with dogs dying as other posters have mentioned.

And not a film but Mike and the mechanics the living years never fails to reduce me to tears.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

SeaFields wrote: »
    Marley and me

Yes, I cried watching this. I've a dog in her final days too. Haven't been able to watch it in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,558 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The best/worst dog dying movie of all time Old Yeller.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Yeller_(film)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Dances with Wolves, just so bad, and any movie since with Kevin Costner, so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Not a film, but... the end of the last episode of Band of Brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I just watched Roma, everything about Cleo going into labour was quite upsetting to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

The Green Mile with Coffey's execution

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Surprisingly not mentioned yet, Dear Zacahary fcuking WRECKED me, it's about 90 minutes long and I sobbed on 3 or 4 different occasions while viewing. Havnt watched it since I first did and probably will never be able to bring myself to, mainly because I have children now.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

The end of Terminator 2, the thumbs up.

Of mice and men, had me in ribbons.

Since I had kids, I find myself choking up much more easily, especially when kids are involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭talla10

Schindlers list; Man's inhumanity to man.

I could have got more out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Even just finding these scenes now on youtube set me off again! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭Heroditas

amacca wrote: »
    Field of dreams (I'm not a big fan of baseball btw)

I was just about to write the same thing. Really touching when he plays catch with his dad. Has me welling up every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I defy anyone not to be touched by this, especially if they own a dog. It puts Marley and me in the ha'penny place. (I hated Marley and me anyway)

https://youtu.be/Py0Yk_dUoC8

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

I’m sure there are loads (it doesn’t take a whole lot to make me cry!) but some of the most obvious ones I can think of are;

Titanic: the scene with the old couple in bed while the water rushes in and the scene where the band play ‘Nearer My God To Thee’ get me every time.

End of Watch: the shoot out and the ending always makes me tear up, for personal reasons. Great film.

Me Before You: I’m not really a romantic film kinda girl but this one makes me weepy for sure.

My Girl. Doesn’t really need any explanation!

I refuse to watch Marley and Me or any film about a dog where the dog dies. I can’t handle it!

Ditto on any film where the dog might die. It's kind of ironic that many people who love dogs can't bear to watch films where the dog dies.I even looked away when watching Independence Day. I know the dog lives but it's very close.

Philadelphia for me when they play the home video after the funeral for the Tom Hanks character. The music and the setting was very sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Diairist

fin12 wrote: »
    War horse so sad.

The man in the Iron mask.

The 'War Horse' play is a very different anima....(sorry) is in a very different medium I admit but it sad in more ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Diairist wrote: »
    The 'War Horse' play is a very different anima....(sorry) is in a very different medium I admit but it sad in more ways.

The play is different to the film?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas. Very sad film.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement