Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 34 Wildcard Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

If you have the TC chip still left, would you not use it for Liverpool's home game against Hudersfield?

I do agree that with what you are saying above, if you go TC 35 and BB 36 the you would have broadly the same amount of players playing.

Would you not be better getting rid of your Brighton players after GW 34?

Personally if I was BB in a SGW I'd rather load up on players with good fixtures that week that I'd be happy with for the rest of the season. I' already worried about getting rid of my Brighton players after GW35!

This is my current WC draft
    Ryan Foster
    Laporte Robertson Coady Duffy Valery

Eriksen Sterling Son Jota Camarasa

Aguero Rashford Jiminez

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Good team. My first draft is similar with 10 of the same players:

Ryan Foster
    Kola Duffy Laporte Trippier Robertson
    Sterling Eriksen Mane Jota Camaraso(JWP for 35)
    Kane Jiminez Deeney

Camaraso has 2 games this week so I'll swap to JWP next week. I'll be bench boosting next week too but Im 0.5 short on an upgrade of Sterling to Salah for Huddersfield in GW36 so I'll need to downgrade someone.

I've changed 4 players with the Kane injury. In come Doherty, Son, Salah and Aguero for Kola, Sterling, Mane and Kane and 2.3M left over for upgrading Camaraso:

Ryan Foster
    Doherty Duffy Laporte Trippier Robertson
    Salah Eriksen Son Jota Camaraso
    Aguero Jiminez Deeney

It's a bit "safe" but I made a mess of my free hit team in the last DGW so keeping it simple this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

----- Foster --- Ryan

--- TAA -- Laporte -- Doherty -- Dunk-- Valery

- Sterling -- Salah -- Son -- Maddison -- Cameresa

Deeney -- Vardy -- Jimenez

Amended team with no Kane. I'm 50/50 on Aguero. Have left enough cash to upgrade Vardy to Kun next Gameweek

Also considering Eriksen instead of Maddison. Then a -4 next week of Eriksen ---> Redmond & Vardy ---> Aguero. Need to see if that will be worth it

Still plenty of tweaking to do. I may consider swapping Salah to Mane which will allow me to upgrade Trent to Robbo and more cash elsewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

steve_r wrote: »
    If you have the TC chip still left, would you not use it for Liverpool's home game against Hudersfield?

I do agree that with what you are saying above, if you go TC 35 and BB 36 the you would have broadly the same amount of players playing.

Would you not be better getting rid of your Brighton players after GW 34?

Personally if I was BB in a SGW I'd rather load up on players with good fixtures that week that I'd be happy with for the rest of the season. I' already worried about getting rid of my Brighton players after GW35!

This is my current WC draft
    Ryan Foster
    Laporte Robertson Coady Duffy Valery

Eriksen Sterling Son Jota Camarasa

Aguero Rashford Jiminez

Which Liverpool player though? Mane has cooled off and neither Salah or Firmino are reliable at present.

I would get rid of Brighton after GW35 using my 2 FT. I didn't include that as I'd see closer to the time who I'd bring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Lots of options here.

Like many, I'm WCing with the view to take full advantage of BB in DGW 35.

I haven't much to lose so probably would be looking for a slightly puntier team.

Any thoughts on the below?

Loris / Foster

Laporte / Duffy / Dunk / Robbo / Bednarek

Mane / Son / Jota / Sterling / Ward-Prowse

Aguero / Deeney / Jiminez

£1.2 ITB

Likely will do Dunk to Kolasinac for GW35.

3 City
    2 Spurs
    2 Pool
    2 Watford
    2 Wolves
    2 Soton
    2 Brighton

Is no United a risk? Might Rashford be a better shout than Deeney (could do this by going TAA over Robbo)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Morzadec wrote: »
    Lots of options here.

Like many, I'm WCing with the view to take full advantage of BB in DGW 35.

I haven't much to lose so probably would be looking for a slightly puntier team.

Any thoughts on the below?

Loris / Foster

Laporte / Duffy / Dunk / Robbo / Bednarek

Mane / Son / Jota / Sterling / Ward-Prowse

Aguero / Deeney / Jiminez

£1.2 ITB

Likely will do Dunk to Kolasinac for GW35.

3 City
    2 Spurs
    2 Pool
    2 Watford
    2 Wolves
    2 Soton
    2 Brighton

Is no United a risk? Might Rashford be a better shout than Deeney (could do this by going TAA over Robbo)?

Jota and Jiminez may be a little overkill I like the deeney pick could get rashford instead of Jiminez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Benimar wrote: »
    Which Liverpool player though? Mane has cooled off and neither Salah or Firmino are reliable at present.

I would get rid of Brighton after GW35 using my 2 FT. I didn't include that as I'd see closer to the time who I'd bring in.

Agreed with Liverpool, however, what I'd say is that they have a few games between now and Huddersfield so one of their players could hit form/consistency, plus Huddersfield are so rancid and Liverpool have so much to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

All the Deeney over Rashford love. I don't see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

steve_r wrote: »
    Agreed with Liverpool, however, what I'd say is that they have a few games between now and Huddersfield so one of their players could hit form/consistency, plus Huddersfield are so rancid and Liverpool have so much to play for.

Good shout, Liverpool remaining fixtures:
    Chelsea (h)
    Cardiff (a)
    Huddersfield (h)
    Newcastle (a)
    Wolves (h)

Definitely keeping Robertson anyway!

Edit: fixed Huddersfield and Wolves games

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Good shout, Liverpool remaining fixtures:
    Chelsea (h)
    Cardiff (a)
    Huddersfield (a)
    Newcastle (a)
    Wolves (a)

Definitely keeping Robertson anyway!

The Huddersfield and Wolves games are at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

stephenl15 wrote:
    All the Deeney over Rashford love. I don't see it

Fixtures. I was thinking deeney to rashford for the last 2 games Huddersfield and Cardiff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I am really struggling with this wildcard ....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

To Aguero or not to Aguero...

It'll be Aguero and Mané or Sterling and Vardy.

Rest of my squad is pretty much set I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I am really struggling with this wildcard ....

Same. Kinda made it easier when we had Kane to splash out on as that made everything else fit into place more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I’ll be at a wedding tomorrow so any immediate feedback welcome as it is unlikely I’ll get to make any changes tomorrow (outside of a quick 6pm cubicle fpl change)

Ryan
    Duffy Dunk Laporte
    Sterling Eriksen Son(C) Jota
    Vardy Jiminez Deeney

Subs Loris Mane Robertson Valery

With Kane gone there is a lot of spare cash going to upgrade most players

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Not seeing much of Murray in the WC teams, is there a fear he won't be able for the 2 games this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Back to drawing board, swapping between Son & Moura and Rashford & Jiminez:
    Lloris Ryan
    Bednarek Robertson Duffy Cathcart Doherty
    Salah Son Jota JWP Doucoure
    Rashford Aguero Vardy

Doubts over Doucoure and JWP in the team but I think I’m nearly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Not seeing much of Murray in the WC teams, is there a fear he won't be able for the 2 games this week?

Hes getting on and it's not like hes prolific hes only scored in 2 of his last 16 league games. No doubt he has it in him but it just looks very unlikely right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Nearly there now I think -

still not 100% on KDB :confused::confused: but settled on pretty much everyone else I think at this stage.

£2.5M in the bank.

Armband currently on Son, but may go to Duffy for the craic :cool:

Ryan | Lloris

Doherty | Robertson | Duffy | Valery/Bertrand | Laporte

Son | Eriksen | Mane | KDB | JWP

Deeney | Vardy | Jiminez

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Still not too sure with a couple players here. Aguero is a no brainer for me we've seen in the past he always shows up and he wasn't picked by users.

Sane is a doubt for me whether to go with or not. Worried about his game time this stage of season. Also I am about lacazette.. The options I have is either

Sane and Llorente or Lacazette and Knockaert??

Ryan

Laporte Duffy Valery

Son (C) Mane Knockaert Eriksen

Aguero Lacazette Rashford

Bench-
    Dubravka TAA Doherty Doucoure

Any advice here lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Still not too sure with a couple players here. Aguero is a no brainer for me we've seen in the past he always shows up and he wasn't picked by users.

Sane is a doubt for me whether to go with or not. Worried about his game time this stage of season. Also I am about lacazette.. The options I have is either

Sane and Llorente or Lacazette and Knockaert??

Ryan

Laporte Duffy Valery

Son (C) Mane Knockaert Eriksen

Aguero Lacazette Rashford

Bench-
    Dubravka TAA Doherty Doucoure

Any advice here lads?

Why is Dubravka there? Assuming you're planning to BB in the DGW??

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Why is Dubravka there? Assuming you're planning to BB in the DGW??

Never even taught of him to be honest.. I'll get rid now lol

Edit: just brought in Leno

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Currently on

Lloris/Gunn
    Robertson/Laporte/Duffy/Valery/Boly
    Son/Eriksen/KdB/Mane/Redmond (or JWP)
    Aguero Deeney Jiminez

Any thoughts? have 0.1 in the bank if I go Redmond, 0.3 if I go JWP. I'm not so hot as many on Brighton's clean sheet chances and the GW35 is awful for them so am going Gunn in goal for the BB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

This wildcard is becoming more of a headache than a good thing who even are the essentials at this stage? Robbo or taa but no double. Only pogba and sterling out of the top 7 owned mids have doubles but pogba has dropped off so could go without him. Aguero Jiminez rashford the top 3 strikers rashford hasn't looked great recently either tho.

Im set on

Lloris Ryan

Duffy taa valery

Sterling son

Auba deeney

The other 6 spots I haven't got a clue

Looking at a budget backline anyway.
    A wolves defender either Doherty jonny or coady. Probably cathcart too as Watford cover.

Am considering siggy for this week and upgrade to a doubler next week. But then do I splash out for aguero or get kdb as city cover. Does hazard make the cut? I had been set on him second guessing now. Probably need a United attacker pogba martial or rashford. Or will Lukaku get enough minutes to justify him? Be a nice differential. If no Jiminez id like jota.

Argh my head is gone I'm logging out for a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 36,101 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

KevIRL wrote: »
    Currently on

Lloris/Gunn
    Aguero Deeney Jiminez

Any thoughts? have 0.1 in the bank if I go Redmond, 0.3 if I go JWP. I'm not so hot as many on Brighton's clean sheet chances and the GW35 is awful for them so am going Gunn in goal for the BB

i'm not doubling up on Brighton for the exact same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Currently on triple Wolves but feeling a bit uneasy about it. Doherty and Jiminez are dead certs, is Jota as well overkill?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Argh my head is gone I'm logging out for a few hours

Don't log off too long today now....

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm not doubling up on Brighton for the exact same reason.

Could get it horribly wrong, but with Cardiff fighting for their lives they will have to press forward more surely and threaten, Bournemouth could score in any game

KevIRL wrote: »
    Currently on

Lloris/Gunn
    Aguero Deeney Jiminez

Just spotted I could dump Gunn and bring in Foster if I went JWP and not Redmond. hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

More or less final draft here:

Foster -- Ryan

Robertson -- Verthonghen -- Valery -- Duffy -- Boly

Sterling -- Mane -- Erikson -- Son --- Hojbjerg

Deeney -- Jimenez -- Vardy

2.8 left in the bank to upgrade Vardy ---> Aguero if need be. Could also use the cash to get Salah back in if he takes fire. Just swapped Laporte out for Verthonghen. Spurs fixtures are decent outside of the City fixture, ( Brighton & West Ham at home) & he's a guaranteed starter. Plenty for bench boost in GW35 & also a tentative eye on the remainder of the season. Hop I've found the right balance

Advertisement