Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To rebuild or not to rebuild?

Options
  • 01-04-2019 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

The engine seized on my 03 landcruiser this morning. Is it worth putting a new engine into it or selling it for scrap. Anyone recommend anyone for such a job if it was to be re built?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

What is the chassis Bodywork and general condition of it . If it is shook get rid of it . Is there an export market for them . or take your time and get a secondhand engine .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Its in fair condition, has a few dents in it, but never used for pulling, trying to locate a decent second hand engine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭selectamatic

endasmail wrote: »
    Its in fair condition, has a few dents in it, but never used for pulling, trying to locate a decent second hand engine

I'm assuming its the first of the newer shape landcruiser? Normally the engines go if the oil pickup gets clogged. This issue has made replacement engines scarcer than usual and also slightly dearer than usual.

If you get a good replacement engine make sure you get the sump and pickup cleaned.

If the suspension and underside are in good shape I'd be inclined to get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Thanks, think I will be getting a replacement engine for it

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

Are you near Limerick? This lad is on the Dublin Road and breaks a lot of 4x4s. Have dealt with him and found him fair and genuine.

https://www.donedeal.ie/all?userId=129231

• Advertisement
Advertisement