Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood. To begin on April 14th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote:
    Honestly, PLEASE let me know. I haven’t done anything moddy yet so dying to get my hands dirty with this kind of stuff

I mean... I never slip ever but if you really wanna remove my access then go ahead I suppose :P

quickbeam wrote: »
    The games will be played with anon accounts. If anyone would like their own account to be switched off from the Werewolf sub forum to prevent posting with it in error, please let me know.

Honestly, PLEASE let me know. I haven’t done anything moddy yet so dying to get my hands dirty with this kind of stuff :P

Yes, if anyone would like to sign-up for the 'Pter Initiative', let quickbeam know :pac:

After my last first entrance, I definitely need to be barred from the game thread!

:D

Game mods - if I draw NRV and die early, I’m happy to jump into a mentor roll for choccy chippy.

After my last first entrance, I definitely need to be barred from the game thread!

Game mods - if I draw NRV and die early, I’m happy to jump into a mentor roll for choccy chippy.

Ah thanks very much!

If your original role or mechanics allowed it, we might look to put you on the subs list after any early-death? That is of course if Choc Chip was doing alright without a mentor. Anyway...fair play for offering to double-job in this game :)

Happy with subs bench too, Stu ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I know nothing about Deadwood but I am free next week to play for once so if there's still room count me in, or if it's too late stick me down as sub.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Absolutely still room.

Certain mods don't know anything about Deadwood either, so it's no barrier to modding or playing it. Welcome aboard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    I know nothing about Deadwood but I am free next week to play for once so if there's still room count me in, or if it's too late stick me down as sub.

Its like a mixture between Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Trek, with a few Star Wars characters thrown in to spice it up.

Certain mods don't know anything about Deadwood either, so it's no barrier to modding or playing it. Welcome aboard!

shhh. i knows lots about deadwood, it burns easier, as long as it don't get damp.

Ectoplasm wrote: »

Thanks Ecto, be great to have you as a player!

Sign-ups...

1. Duffman
    2. Necro
    3. Dublinandy2
    4. Green&Red
    5. Beaker Joe
    6. Fixxxer
    7. Tritium
    8. Lord TSC
    9. Rikand
    10. TheSkunk
    11. Whiplashy
    12. Strawberry Milkshake
    13. Bounty Hunter
    14. Choc Chip
    15. Sephiroth_dude
    16. Barney92
    17. Drumpot
    18. JP Liz
    19. Sully
    20. Ectoplasm

Gonna leave sign-ups open until at least midnight Friday.

sKeith (probably): "But then that's technically Saturday, Stu"

Ok, gonna leave sign-ups open until at least 11:59:59pm Friday :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

See above and same for me.

Mentor, sub, dancing chimp - gimme whatever if possible should I die early :)

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    See above and same for me.

Mentor, sub, dancing chimp - gimme whatever if possible should I die early :)

Well don't go picking fights with everyone in the first 10 minutes of the game :D

Ah but thanks for the offer Necro, we now need to create the dancing chimp role. Between the Dancing Chimp and Count Dooku, we're gradually moving away from Deadwood here. Oh well, could be worse, Countdown Clock could be on the prowl too.

Well don't go picking fights with everyone in the first 10 minutes of the game :D

Ah but thanks for the offer Necro, we now need to create the dancing chimp role. Between the Dancing Chimp and Count Dooku, we're gradually moving away from Deadwood here. Oh well, could be worse, Countdown Clock could be on the prowl too.

Nah, I'm placid these days. Spend too much time in other forums arguing now :D

I'm bored, can we start early guys :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

+1

Well unfortunately, there are no shortage of forums on Boards where one can easily get into an argument these days.

As for the early start...are ya mad?! We're still brainstorming roles here and deciding what mechanics to use, hey we're not even fully decided on the theme! Tomorrow is the ultimate 'Cramming for the Leaving' day :D

No but seriously...the game is all set now and we would love to start early. Tomorrow is going to fly by though and it will be Sunday morning before we know it. #modsplaining

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

sullivlo wrote: »
    +1

Game mods are
    open to bribery
    on this matter.

Oh oh, hey Necro....ask me another question relating to the Deadwood game, please. Just trust me on this :)

Game mods are
    open to bribery
    on this matter.

I'll give myself a post count limit for the game...:)

Oh oh, hey Necro....ask me another question relating to the Deadwood game, please. Just trust me on this :)

Um.... wanna tell us anything you've got planned :D

Um.... wanna tell us anything you've got planned :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Advertisement

Strawbs knows the craic :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

giphy.gif

Foiled by my own emoji :eek:

giphy.gif

Foiled by my own emoji :eek:

2qaitms.jpg

:cool:

Oooh I got Hemsworthed....

FaithfulDishonestButterfly-small.gif

Niiiiice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

tenor.gif

MdXQ.gif

I do believe that I took part in my very first WW gif battle in here earlier tonight :pac: Good thing it's over now though, because I've nothing left in the chamber after firing those 2. Or do I Necro?!

z28MuyN.gif

That's it folks, sign-ups are now closed.

We have a nice number of 20 and we're happy to say that the game will be running as originally planned.

1. Duffman
    2. Necro
    3. Dublinandy2
    4. Green&Red
    5. Beaker Joe
    6. Fixxxer
    7. Tritium
    8. Lord TSC
    9. Rikand
    10. TheSkunk
    11. Whiplashy
    12. Strawberry Milkshake
    13. Bounty Hunter
    14. Choc Chip
    15. Sephiroth_dude
    16. Barney92
    17. Drumpot
    18. JP Liz
    19. Sully
    20. Ectoplasm

PMs: Could you all please make sure that your Boards inbox isn't full and has room for the game PMs? Thanks.

Now...

See you on Sunday morning. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm really sorry but for personal reasons I'm gonna have to pull out of this game, really sorry for the short notice folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I'll step in if needed.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote:
    I'll step in if needed.

Hey Hemsworth :)

Advertisement