Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fast and Furious spinoff film (Hobbs & Shaw)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Acosta

I'll watch it when it comes out on streaming or whatever. Heard both of them are not in the next Furious 9 (or whatever it's called). Both were the best characters in the last couple, so that's no good really.

Re-watched some of them recently. Still don't get how the first one was such a big deal as it looks like a TV movie. In fact they're all pretty bad up until 5, which is a brilliant action movie. 6, 7 and 8 all top notch action flicks too. Basically it got a lot better when The Rock came on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

well that was an emotional roller coaster, can't wait for the next installment in the franchise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Bonkers, OTT and good fun. Statham and The Rock deliver as usual. Thought Idris Elba was excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Homelander

So weird when you think back to the first film, a semi-realistic movie about illegal street racing and police infiltration of a gang. Now we're here. Not really complaining, really enjoy the movies lately, don't think I even saw the 2nd or 3rd movies even.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭beertons

What was the name on the fake passport given to the rock? Very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

beertons wrote: »
    What was the name on the fake passport given to the rock? Very funny.

Mike Oxmaul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Saw this tonight. So much better than I was expecting. Excellent popcorn movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Seen it in the IMAX. Enjoyable enough popcorn flick I guess.

At the screening we were at there was an Asian woman of maybe 60 or so on her on in the row in front of us and I don't think I can ever recall seeing anyone enjoy a movie as much. She screamed and cheered and howled with laughter throughout. She fcuking loved it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I saw this over the weekend. I haven't seen any of the Fast & Furious movies but I figured that wouldn't matter and I was right. It was ok but very forgettable. It was too long, I'm probably too old for grown men making dick jokes for 2 hours. I probably would have enjoyed it more when I was 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Autecher wrote: »
    ......I probably would have enjoyed it more when I was 15....

Yeah I can relate to that.
    Saw it last night with my girlfriend and it's ok. Good few scenes that are over the top. It's definitely check your brain at the door movie but i dunno... it's certainly not a bad movie and enjoyable in quite a few places. Everyone is great in it. It's just, as you say, i'm not 15 tho. If i was im sure i'd be saying this was the movie of the year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Maybe it's because it's not trying to service as sprawling a cast as the main series but I enjoyed this far more then I have any F&F film since Fast 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,306 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I seen this today and enjoyed it but agree it was too long. There is some parts that might as not have been there as they serve no purpose like the scene on the plane. I would have cut that had I been the director. It looked very cheap and badly done as well as boring that scene.

Then there was Hobbs daughter served no purpose either. Might as well not have been there. I enjoyed the scene at the beginning but thought the music for it did not suit it. Also thought it seemed off somehow.

I loved the motor bike the Villain had do and the Mclaren was nice too. I thought the CGI looked ropey in places and that some of the stunt scenes were badly done. There was lots of great action scenes in it but they were all well overdone really. I thought the film went mostly good until they got to Hobbs home then it slumped for a bit then got a little better but really the last scene was way overdone. Also I thought Hobbs and Shaw seemed a bit slow. It was not till the last scene at the end they copped how to beat him and I had been thinking why did they not just do that from the first time both of them had a fight with him.

I would go see it again.

I would give it a 6 out of 10.

There was a few bits I missed and some big women had kids I kid you not a baby and an 8 or 10 year old in the cinema and were constantly going up and down the aisle. No interest in the film at all. The children should not have been in the screening anyway so I reported it to staff but doubt anything will be done about it. Next time will go out and report someone like that sooner.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,533 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Princess Margaret can kick ass :p

Universal Solider meets Batman meets James Bond meets Terminator meets Lethal Weapon, enjoyable dumb fun

Kirby is 20 years younger than Statham but they worked as Shaw siblings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

God that was crap. Love the FF movies but that was utterly forgettable, Elba and Kirby were the only positives. Hobbs character didn't feel like Hobbs from FF at all it was strange.
    Not even a good bad.

I actually miss the days of stealing DVD players.
    The newer films are gone too far into the fantasy realm (and full on sci-fi now)

I'm out, I think. Must be too old nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I actually miss the days of stealing DVD players.
    The newer films are gone too far into the fantasy realm (and full on sci-fi now)

I'm out, I think. Must be too old nowadays

They might as well use CGI for the actors too and just voice record them, there is so much been used now.

Advertisement