Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Catastrophic condition of roads in Cork city (pic heavy thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Donald agrees

hat.png

so... this popped up in my newsfeed on Facebook. Motorcyclist in Chicago hit a pothole, lost control and got struck by vehicle which resulted in his death.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/chicago-agrees-to-pay-4-million-in-motorcyclist-death

...earlier this week I did Ring of Kerry and saw a crash. Just after Sneem (Kenmare side) a motorcyclist apparently crossed the line, went into oncoming lane and hit the front of a bus. He was laying on the ground unconscious. He was roughly around 60 years old. It wasn't a good sight seeing him there on the ground and the destroyed bike next to him. There was nothing in the news in the coming days so I presume he survived. I hope nothing serious happened to him and he made a full recovery.

The road was twisty and bumpy. I would say he wasn't riding like crazy. I don't know the circumstances of the accident but because of the nature of the road it is very likely that he lost balance and that's why he crashed. Some of the parts of the road there were really bumpy with some quite bad parts of the roads with potholes. Could have been anything but the condition of the road is the suspect number one in this case I would say.

He was a foreigner so I am quite sure his memories won't be good. Went to Ireland, crashed the bike. Won't be going back.

Last time I did Ring of Kerry was like 3 years ago and I can tell that the roads are much worse now. Country is going to sh**e and somebody is responsible for this mess.

Collision between a bus and a motorcycle
    By radiokerrynews - 24th July 2018

Gardaí are warning motorists to expect delays near the site of a crash on the N70 Sneem to Kenmare road.

The collision between a bus and a motorcycle occurred approximately 2 km on the Kenmare side of Sneem.

Emergency services are responding.

Had your car or bike damaged by a pothole? You're not the only one

http://jrnl.ie/4161080

How long till this is sorted?

Diabhalta wrote: »
    Had your car or bike damaged by a pothole? You're not the only one

http://jrnl.ie/4161080

How long till this is sorted?

Had burst fork seals and two buckled wheels in the last few years due to potholes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Had burst fork seals and two buckled wheels in the last few years due to potholes.

Biker myself but off them a few years, biker mates telling me the roads are lethal these days for sports bikes, holes & gravel everywhere...

Probably have to join the bmw GS gang when I get another bike lol

...and the saga continues.. unfortunately..

some resurfacing has been done in the recent weeks but I really don't get the logic of people who are in charge of the roads department.

they should've resurface the whole road all the way up to dennehy's cross including the junction itself. Who actually does this and thinks it's ok?

IMG-4225.jpg

IMG-4224.jpg

IMG-4227.jpg

IMG-4226.jpg

IMG-4220.jpg

IMG-4221.jpg

IMG-4222.jpg

IMG-4223.jpg

It's the same thing in Blackpool, you're driving on perfectly smooth surface and in a split second it's like you're in Vietnam or Thailand ...

IMG-4228.jpg

IMG-4229.jpg

IMG-4230.jpg

IMG-4240.jpg

IMG-4231.jpg

IMG-4232.jpg

IMG-4235.jpg

IMG-4239.jpg

IMG-4236.jpg

IMG-4242.jpg

IMG-4241.jpg

• Advertisement

Wilton rd. - except the two junctions resurfaced in the past it's really horrible. This is one of the busiest roads in Cork city.

IMG-4237.jpg

IMG-4238.jpg

IMG-4243.jpg

IMG-4244.jpg

IMG-4245.jpg

IMG-4246.jpg

IMG-4247.jpg

IMG-4248.jpg

IMG-4249.jpg

IMG-4250.jpg

IMG-4251.jpg

IMG-4252.jpg

this bus stop... you can see on the pictures cars driving in the opposite lane to avoid this destroyed bit of a road.

IMG-4254.jpg

IMG-4255.jpg

IMG-4256.jpg

IMG-4257.jpg

IMG-4258.jpg

IMG-4259.jpg

Sarsfield rd resurfaced 4-5 weeks ago? Manhole covers already sinking... some of the ones by the kerbs are already damaged...

IMG-4261.jpg

IMG-4260.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

this pothole on magazine road did this to my Pirelli!

IMG-4262.jpg

IMG-4263.jpg

IMG-4264.jpg

IMG-4265.jpg

just behind this ambulance is a slight dip in the road, just outside the exit from the shopping centre... this will start cracking and breaking in couple of years..

IMG-4266.jpg

IMG-4267.jpg

IMG-4268.jpg

IMG-4269.jpg

btw. those lights outside the ESB are red most of the time for some weird reason, without any cars pulling out of ESB or pedestrians crossing the road.

IMG-4270.jpg

• Advertisement

they should've at least resurface it all the way to the roundabout.. and paint a pair of nice fresh arrows on the road. This is just unbelievable. Not mentioning that the right lane on the right side (as you can see) will start falling apart and will have to be repaired after the winter.

IMG_4271.jpg

IMG_4272.jpg

Wilton roundabout

IMG_4274.jpg

IMG_4278.jpg

IMG_4277.jpg

Going back to town, Wilton road. The bus/cycling lane.

IMG_4279.jpg

this is so dangerous to cyclists..

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4281.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Does anyone know if the road works completed recently on the lower glanmire were done by City Council staff or contractors? Because they've left the road in ****e, and it'll be a lot worse in 6 months, why do city engineers accept this...?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Carrigrohane rd. bridge over the river.

IMG-4215.jpg

IMG-4216.jpg

IMG-4218.jpg

IMG-4214.jpg

IMG-4213.jpg

IMG-4212.jpg

Western rd. outside AIB. Absolutely nothing has been done!

IMG-4206.jpg

this whole junction needs fixing..

IMG-4207.jpg

IMG-4208.jpg

IMG-4209.jpg

IMG-4210.jpg

.. right after Thomas Davies bridge heading northside, absolutely nothing done here.. after fixing it they should change the layout because during afternoon rush hour the traffic is backed up all the way to dennehy's cross.. cars turning right at this junction, stopping and looking right, left (some people want to make really sure there's nothing coming) .. the traffic should flow continuously all the time, and when somebody want in from the Lee rd. they will let them.. the amount of cars using the Lee rd. is minimal.

IMG-4203.jpg

IMG-4204.jpg

IMG-4205.jpg

this bit of road is sinking..

IMG-4201.jpg

IMG-4202.jpg

• Advertisement

heading north this part of sunday's well road is rough too

IMG-4200.jpg

Advertisement