Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

DrPhilG wrote: »
    So what do people do if they're selling privately and have a new car on order? Can't imagine buyers would want to hold on waiting for a dealership to deliver.

Two car house so I sold and we suffered on for a few weeks with one car.

You'd need to be reasonably sure of your delivery date though and I'm not sure you can be with a VW order.

If you only have one car then you are kinda stuck. Hiring a car somewhat negates some of the gains of selling privately if VW put you on the long finger for a few extra weeks, which could easily happen.

Having said that, my VW dealer gave me a courtesy car (shiny new T-Cross to match my name!) for free for a few weeks when the new car didnt come as promised, but that is very much a dealer prerogative so YMMV. You can but ask!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yeah we're a 1 car house so no option of winging it.

I'll have a chat to the dealer and see if there's anything they could swing with a courtesy car in the event of a delay after an agreed date.

Problem then would be if I'm sitting there a week before delivery and the car hasn't shifted.

I feckin hate selling a car privately. Mind you I got shot of my Leaf pretty comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BigAl81

DrPhilG wrote:
    So what do people do if they're selling privately and have a new car on order?

Long term car rentals can be surprisingly cheap. Shop around for a quote for a 30 day rental, can be in the 5 to 10 euro a day price range. Get your own insurance from a third party to bring the excess down to zero on the rental car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 encorton

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about it?

I'm a tall person and I find it very hard to get comfortable in the car because the steering wheel is not telescopic. I have to push the driver seat all the way back and all the way down and have the steering wheel at max height to be able to drive comfortably with E-pedal ONLY because if I need to press the brake, my knee will hit the base of the steering wheel...

Visibility is poor due to insanely thick A pillars and the sensor box behind the mirror...

Outdated reversing camera, and a very mid-focused sound system (on non-Bose versions)

Headlights on non-LED versions are pure garbage for the price of the car..

Plastic everywhere in the car - the center console eats up leg room and seems to be made of the cheapest plastic they could find. Mega bulky door panels that eat up cabin room

I can go on and on with things that I found I really don't like in only a few months. Some of these might matter less for some people but for me are critical if I'm gonna pay over 20k for a car (regardless if it is electric or not).

I ended up trading it in for exactly my asking price on a dealer and got a Golf in which I find that I have more room in as a tall person while the car is smaller :)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,705 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

A lot of those criticisms would be valid for other budget EVs, not just the Leaf. Funny you mention the Golf. I feel it is of far better build and interior quality than the ID.3. I guess the economies of scale just aren't there yet to offer a good quality family size EV for €30k and we have to make do with econoboxes. The eGolf is actually a very nice EV, but I guess you bought one with an internal combustion engine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

So what do people do if they're selling privately and have a new car on order? Can't imagine buyers would want to hold on waiting for a dealership to deliver.

You sell your car.
    Buyer won’t wait in most cases and you run the risk of loosing a sale if you try make them wait.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Gumbo wrote: »
    You sell your car.
    Buyer won’t wait in most cases and you run the risk of loosing a sale if you try make them wait.

I was offered a lend of one of the garage second hand cars to cover the gap between selling my car and picking up the new one. It's worth asking the question.

Yeah I've asked the question and they said yes, they'll sort me out something to cover the gap.

liamog wrote: »
    I was offered a lend of one of the garage second hand cars to cover the gap between selling my car and picking up the new one. It's worth asking the question.

Good idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Will be putting my 162 BMW i3 Rex up for sale soon. Changing to a Id3.

Ad is now live on DD: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/162-bmw-i3-94ah-rex/28177739

A deal can always be done with fellow boardsies. :D

Ad is now live on DD: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/162-bmw-i3-94ah-rex/28177739

Following with interest...

When are you expecting your ID3 to be available? I'm told I can have mine by the end of July (I haven't ordered yet) so not sure when to list the i3.

Following with interest...

When are you expecting your ID3 to be available? I'm told I can have mine by the end of July (I haven't ordered yet) so not sure when to list the i3.

Been told 12-14 weeks.
    I may go for one of the in stock style/family cars instead. Decisions, decisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Just so you know, I was told I'd have my ID.4 in January, then March, then late April

I still haven't collected it :(

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Just so you know, I was told I'd have my ID.4 in January, then March, then late April

I still haven't collected it :(

And they say Tesla are the only ones who can’t deliver :D

Nothing new here. Hot cars that are in high demand and good value for money. Same happened with my Hyundai Ioniq well over 4 years ago. Also took nearly 2 months longer than expected

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Nothing new here. Hot cars that are in high demand and good value for money. Same happened with my Hyundai Ioniq well over 4 years ago. Also took nearly 2 months longer than expected

To be fair, when the salesman said VW were talking about January delivery I basically called BS on it. He said he didn't believe it either but that's what he'd been told

The extra demand for the US market caused UK & Ireland to be bumped down the list as well

Lockdowns and chip shortages probably took their toll as well, and container ships getting wedged in the Suez to boot :rolleyes:

It's been an interesting year for supply chains for sure :o

Yeah, it's a small miracle people are even getting their cars within a couple of months of the promised date really :D

just to add to that, a few (most of them) the dealers I was onto about getting the tour 5 have been onto me today to basically say its 12-16 weeks maybe.. HUGE MAYBE.. One or two were blunt and said they're going to start being sparse with all motors soon.

Car traded in I'll be in a glacial white 1st plus edition id3 by this time next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭zg3409

Ev type 2 charger for sale.Works perfect. €130 ono

Not mine. See Irish EV owners buy and sell page on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398421950294098/?ref=share

• Advertisement

Anyone have any experience of the import/export process with the North? And I mean going to there, not coming from there.

I'm looking at flogging the i3 soon and from a scan of auto trader the values seem to be pretty strong up there. Probably a bit more demand for the REx as the infrastructure north of the border is appalling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So the time has come to move on our 30kWh Nissan Leaf in PWO, FSH, 70k kms, well taken care of and at last test the battery is at 92% SOH.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/leaf/162-nissan-leaf-30kwh/23914578?notification=784f2677785e8a6740a4056f23740663-1621931522

DSC-3435.jpg

Anyone have any experience of the import/export process with the North? And I mean going to there, not coming from there.

I'm looking at flogging the i3 soon and from a scan of auto trader the values seem to be pretty strong up there. Probably a bit more demand for the REx as the infrastructure north of the border is appalling.

I'd imagine it's a rarity, since most of the cars go the other way

Since NI is in the EU customs and VAT zone, you shouldn't be stung with any import duties. I imagine the process is pretty similar to importing a car into Ireland pre Brexit, you just need to pay whatever registration taxes they charge up there (Vehicle Excise Duty?)

If all else fails, you can give BoJo a ring and offer to fix up his apartment, I hear that's a great way to get stuff done now :)

I'd imagine it's a rarity, since most of the cars go the other way

Since NI is in the EU customs and VAT zone, you shouldn't be stung with any import duties. I imagine the process is pretty similar to importing a car into Ireland pre Brexit, you just need to pay whatever registration taxes they charge up there (Vehicle Excise Duty?)

If all else fails, you can give BoJo a ring and offer to fix up his apartment, I hear that's a great way to get stuff done now :)

Apparently I can reclaim some of the VRT. If so, that would definitely give an incentive to sell up North.

Apparently I can reclaim some of the VRT. If so, that would definitely give an incentive to sell up North.

What VRT, surely it was free after the €5k rebate?

What VRT, surely it was free after the €5k rebate?

Mine is a REx so I had to pay VRT. Think I paid about €1,400 or something. Putting the same car in now is telling me that the rebate would be about €700.

Vrt on your car is less than €1100 I think. It was €1050 when I was pricing it 2 years ago.

You can export and claim back but look at the excess.

On the day of your vehicle's examination, please confirm that your vehicle's value exceeds the minimum qualifying amount of €2,000. This can be done by using the VRT calculator. Customers should note that the VRT refunded will not exceed the original VRT paid at registration.

Vrt on your car is less than €1100 I think. It was €1050 when I was pricing it 2 years ago.

You can export and claim back but look at the excess.

Excess? Says here VRT claim is worth €778 minus a €100 export fee?

554031.jpg

I'm probably reading this all wrong mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,212 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The 2k excess is on the car's value, and not on the vrt amount.
    The rule is that your car must be worth at least 2k OMSP to qualify.

Hi folks, my BMw i3 has gone to a new place.
    I've a barely used front tyre and a rear tyre (not much left) going for free.
    I kept them when I changed the tyres as the lead time on a new tyre was 7-10 days due to the size and didn't want to be stranded.
    If anyone wants just pm me.

155/70 R19 for the front
    175/60 R19 for the rear.

• Advertisement

Solis 3.6kW dual MPPT solar inverter, excellent condition. Reason for sale: upgrading to a bigger system

Linky

Sold

Our Nissan LEAF 40 kWh for sale:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/leaf-sv-premium-40-kwh-with-propilot-nissan-fsh/28399889

Sz-hONF9WVT1uAzaUyHYwhEzTKvVCfBuQma3xeeAPWPP95EFk1yzagV9I-hppVxchjITbTTSbGMB9BcCSGqWDFQHDHDHSWwJTARX-FIkxrYh4a-t8uP3-dXXWQ3I3d4rIvXSVexP6hs0Ymw29hOEe8WSMtds9ts3b5IRQXq2vlkUbuTzK0AkLSHU-hhnVQJ7YdSD8pkEy2N1Q3SzZsrzutZmFQL32OZ11V_1JJTFfzaO1Q1jIW6fWAGs2oJcbEIU2e0msIidd20l7wKgIgAbQoXGezyLmUG1TmWBD4G0oqnrVkXwQ61xZ09HLH2md1Qgal3N3S1tgrz876CeMCz59_OwjAZXZjcRiXTzhiWN_leYqY91rpDI_mSKdPIyadEZD3TMmDiaGC3Tw1hYYppZWbgtkBCTpj4RO2FY5exlV2sBRofdHkMUVxjSlmRZ8AyMg4f3JnbRy7Pcu3O8yNhlR_J1-D0OIMhZmkhnetYdPem7TFdep-CB3U1nFrRkBYvSYbdDCuLYJxLCTAON8K6PPj6j43DuxoFhj_KAcSh4gtvVJqR6JuDCld2d-S2l7FLSVFkIPKEgkkVU1Ex55Z_fbbo3bLrEbC9RnJ-cNGqeJ7MItqcDIlol73o_0w0QjkIAGLf5XrkemQFIV5bR1KlMHUEgmlKXNY7tweNvZb6s5LOWFvygMtyNECbU_TibP572rP2OoUzARdtzNyJbL-ttrpTR=w522-h695-no?authuser=0

New car will be delivered this month so need a quick sale.

3.6kW ABL home charger used. Bids from 150 euro up. With separate cable.

IEvOA on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/IEVOA/permalink/2898806767027259/

zg3409 wrote: »
    3.6kW ABL home charger used. Bids from 150 euro up. With separate cable.

IEvOA on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/IEVOA/permalink/2898806767027259/

Already sold.

That was a steal. €150 for the charge point, €100 for materials and €100 for a friendly sparks and you got your charge point installed for minus €250 thanks to another ridiculously high subsidy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

This looks handy for Kia e-Niro owners to store cards/coins....

https://www.adverts.ie/24089691

Sold.

Last chance before I commit to trade this in with Tesla tomorrow: Spotless LEAF 40 kWh with 74k and FnSH asking 17500:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/last-chance-spotless-leaf-40-kwh-with-nissan-fsh/28399889

• Advertisement

Not really a for sale ad but on the very rare off chance someone is looking for a Model S........

I'm trading my 2014 Tesla Model S P85+ into a Garage at the end of the Month.
    I've gotten a fantastic deal in my opinion so i never bothered even listing it for sale to be honest.

Its got 108,000 km on it.
    Battery and Drivetrain Warranty with Tesla until July 2022 (unlimited Mileage).

In the last year it has had the following under Warranty:
    • New HV Battery (should last the lifetime of the car now).
    • New 12v Battery.
    • New Sun Roof (The Service Centre Damaged it, there was actually nothing wrong with it to begin with!)

The common Problems have been sorted too :
    • Door Handles Replaced.
    • Wiper Motor Replaced.
    • eMMc Recall Carried Out.
    • High Voltage junction Box Currently being Replace by Tesla.

Specification:
    • Premium unlimited Connectivity Package (Maps, Spotify etc for Free).
    • Free Unlimited Super Charging for Life!
    • Pan Roof
    • Silver Metalic
    • 21" Turbine Wheels
    • Premium Interior Package which includes Powered Boot, Centre Console, Ambient Lighting and front cornering Fog Lights.
    • Built in Apple Lightning Charging Dock.
    • Keyless Entry and Go.
    • Smart Air Suspension with Geo Location.
    • Carbon Fibre Rear Spoiler.
    • Piano Black Interior Trim.
    • External Puddle Lights in handles.
    • MCU has the 4G/LTE Upgrade.
    • GPS Enabled Homelink.
    • Dechrome (Completely reversible if you like the chrome finish)

Folder full of Paperwork and receipts to go with the car.

Price : €36,000 Firm

No point filling the post with pictures. If anyone is looking they'll come look at the car in the flesh.

556069.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

556069.jpeg

GLWS - nice looking car :).

That's a lot of car for the money even if I say so - my own car is near identical :p

Goes like the clappers too, 0-60 in 3.9s. That is, if you find the traction for it, most of the time you don't, which is hilarious. The only problem with buying this car is that when it comes to the time to upgrade, you will want another one. Faster again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

I'm trading my 2014 Tesla Model S P85+ into a Garage at the end of the Month.
    I've gotten a fantastic deal in my opinion so i never bothered even listing it for sale to be honest.
    The only problem with buying this car is that when it comes to the time to upgrade, you will want another one. Faster again.

Begs the question, what is Gumbo trading up for!!??

As you say, it's hard to go down & hard to go back to ICE from a Tesla, so my money is on a Plaid RS ETron GT Taycan Turbo S.......nope, I've no clue......not many options at that end really :confused:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,212 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

GLWS, couple months too early for me but I'm sure you'll find a buyer very quickly at that price.

Kramer wrote: »
    Begs the question, what is Gumbo trading up for!!??

As you say, it's hard to go down & hard to go back to ICE from a Tesla, so my money is on a Plaid RS ETron GT Taycan Turbo S.......nope, I've no clue......not many options at that end really :confused:.

eTron. Nice car but not enough for me at the moment. I’d rather buy an older GTi than a new Golf TDi if you get me.

Taycan. Not with my finances. And not something I’d buy currently. I just can’t imagine pulling up at my local Tesco express and walking out with red label tea bags :D

Plaid. I’d love to as this would blend in easier than the Porsche but again, not with my finances :D

All going well I’ll just be popping up a couple of years to a P90D Ludicrous.
    ELM327 wrote: »
    GLWS, couple months too early for me but I'm sure you'll find a buyer very quickly at that price.

Pity. I never even thought of selling private and it’s only now that I’ve a 2 week wait on a pet from Tesla that I said sure no harm. I haven’t even put it on DoneDeal and I don’t think I will tbh.

• Advertisement

I never even thought of selling private and it’s only now that I’ve a 2 week wait on a pet from Tesla that I said sure no harm. I haven’t even put it on DoneDeal and I don’t think I will tbh.

Cheapest Tesla on DoneDeal is a boggo Model S 85 in white for €36k, making your top of the range high spec Performance (for same price) very good value for money.

Cheapest Tesla on DoneDeal is a boggo Model S 85 in white for €36k, making your top of the range high spec Performance (for same price) very good value for money.

Might be no harm then. Feck it.

If that would save you even just a grand compared to doing the trade in, it would be well worth the hassle. Who knows you could have the €36k in the bank before the car you're buying is even ready. Worst case scenario: you lose your €8 for the DoneDeal ad and you have to deal with a dozen time wasters :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Might be no harm then. Feck it.

Put it on Adverts first as that Ad includes DoneDeal mirror ad (same company)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Gumbo wrote:
    Not really a for sale ad but on the very rare off chance someone is looking for a Model S........

I guess no AutoPilot on there as not mentioned in the spec right?

• Advertisement
Advertisement