Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

KCross wrote: »
    Did you get the BMS firmware update done?

Since its one of the very very first L30's to come off the Sunderland line it has a flaw in the BMS that gives a pessimistic reading on battery degradation.

A firmware update at the dealer fixes it and will likely restore 1, maybe even 2, of those lost bars.

If you havent done that, get that done first, and then sell it.

When I brought the car to Nissan for a service before it's NCT I mentioned that firmware update( I seen it mentioned here) and the guy said that any updates would be done automatically after running diagnostics. I've no idea if it was actually done. There was no restoration of bars or range.

Curiously enough when I'm at an Easygo charger and look at the app it gives me more of an estimated range than what my car gives.:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Good point on firmware update, it takes a few hours as it's done via crappy wifi, my 162 gained about 7% after been done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Celticfire wrote: »
    When I brought the car to Nissan for a service before it's NCT I mentioned that firmware update( I seen it mentioned here) and the guy said that any updates would be done automatically after running diagnostics. I've no idea if it was actually done. There was no restoration of bars or range.

Its possible to see if the car has the issue or not by using leafspy.

Dealers wont do this update unless you push for it.

If you dont have leafspy someone near you might have it. What county are you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

KCross wrote: »
    Its possible to see if the car has the issue or not by using leafspy.

Dealers wont do this update unless you push for it.

If you dont have leafspy someone near you might have it. What county are you in?

Westmeath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭zg3409

Three phase spiral wound /coiled 8 metre charging cable type 2 to type 2. Bought for UK£196 a few months ago and used 5 or 6 times. Comes with bag. 22kW Max. Open to offers. Ideal for Zoe owners or those with 11kW onboard charger such as some Tesla and newest Niro etc.

Not me selling

Reply to person directly on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398421950294098/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

zg3409 wrote: »
    Three phase spiral wound /coiled 8 metre charging cable type 2 to type 2. Bought for UK£196 a few months ago and used 5 or 6 times. Comes with bag. 22kW Max. Open to offers. Ideal for Zoe owners or those with 11kW onboard charger such as some Tesla and newest Niro etc.

Not me selling

Reply to person directly on Facebook via Irish EV owners group

https://m.facebook.com/groups/107445206006743?view=permalink&id=3248091205275445&fs=2&focus_composer=0&ref=content_filter

In case above link does not work join this group to see https://m.facebook.com/groups/107445206006743?ref=content_filter

Actually don't follow either link, the post will be getting bumped shortly to the buy & sell page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398421950294098/

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Hi all
    Went to look at a 181 Nissan Leaf tekna today. It was a lovely looking car obviously imported from the uk. The dealer in fairness told me that there was slight damage done on it in the uk.
    Done a car check on it now and it’s has...Category S Insurance Loss. Vehicle Structurally Damaged But Repairable-Insurer Decided Not to Repair.

Is this something that people would take a chance on or just walk away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

wush06 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Went to look at a 181 Nissan Leaf tekna today. It was a lovely looking car obviously imported from the uk. The dealer in fairness told me that there was slight damage done on it in the uk.
    Done a car check on it now and it’s has...Category S Insurance Loss. Vehicle Structurally Damaged But Repairable-Insurer Decided Not to Repair.

Is this something that people would take a chance on or just walk away.
    Most would walk away.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Most would walk away.

You are right I should just walk away. Hopefully in the next week or so I will be joining you all with hopefully my new ev car.
    Was unable to travel due to the lock down but can hopefully get around now to look.
    I’m not looking for finance so hope to get something soon looking for the sve model.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Structural damage is a bit of a no-no for me. Walk away. Unless you can get it extremely cheaply (like EUR12-13k cheaply) AND it comes with an engineers report from a reputable firm certifying the car's safety AND you have discussed it with your insurer and they have no problem with it and won't increase your premium now or at the next renewal.

And then I would probably still walk away :p

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply
    It was €21900 said he could do €21300 but yes it would bring more problems then it’s worth also where would you stand with the battery warranty with Nissan if there was ever a problem.
    The search goes on 👍

LOL, not much of a discount there.

FYI a regular on here is selling his mint 2019 Ioniq (similar range as that Leaf but much faster charging, so far better for longer distance driving) for EUR23k

I seen his posts last week, I do maybe one long trip a year and it just look like a big car overall. The leaf would be just the size I’m looking for to run the both kids around for football and basketball. My job is only 7k from my house so I think it would fit my needs better.

They are similar in size (suitable for 3 kids). You really should have a good look and drive in both to compare them. If you only ever need 2 kids in the back, you could also consider eGolf, Zoe and BMW i3 all for similar enough money.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

wush06 wrote: »
    I seen his posts last week, I do maybe one long trip a year and it just look like a big car overall. The leaf would be just the size I’m looking for to run the both kids around for football and basketball. My job is only 7k from my house so I think it would fit my needs better.

Sounds like you need an i3 :pac:

I know one for sale :D

On the look out for a Type 2 to Type 2 Charging Cable, 3 Phase please.
    Basically its for a Tesla to take advantage of the 22kw Charging Stations.

Have a standard 32A (7kw) BMW cable but that will be restricted obviously.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Gumbo wrote: »
    On the look out for a Type 2 to Type 2 Charging Cable, 3 Phase please.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110290533&postcount=387

I'll need to check Mrs. K hasn't already disposed of it though.......she's a devil for moving my stuff. I'll let you know.

Kramer wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110290533&postcount=387

I'll need to check Mrs. K hasn't already disposed of it though.......she's a devil for moving my stuff. I'll let you know.

Nice piece of kit.
    The additional length obviously adds to the cost but the standard 5m ones are 150-175 online so I’m not 100% sure I could justify the additional cost for your 8m one (as much as it’s worth it).

I think they are known as ICE breakers :)

The additional length obviously adds to the cost.....the standard 5m ones are 150-175 online so I’m not 100% sure I could justify the additional cost for your 8m one (as much as it’s worth it)

Could we not cut it in half? I've a secateurs that'll cut through good thick branches, pretty sure it'll go through the cable.
    :D.

Just imagine being 6 meters away from a free AC charge point, with a depleted battery & all those 22,000 watts of free electrons, just out of reach!
    Probably a pesky, fully charged, Leaf 24 hogging the thing too.

Better to have it & not need it, than need it & not have it :pac:.

Can I assume we have a deal so?

:pac:

Could we not cut it in half? I've a secateurs that'll cut through good thick branches, pretty sure it'll go through the cable.
    :D.

Just imagine being 6 meters away from a free AC charge point, with a depleted battery & all those 22,000 watts of free electrons, just out of reach!
    Probably a pesky, fully charged, Leaf 24 hogging the thing too.

Better to have it & not need it, than need it & not have it :pac:.

Can I assume we have a deal so?

:pac:

You want to cut the price in half .......:pac:

:D:D

• Advertisement

You want to cut the price in half .......:pac:

:D:D

Depends...........which half would you want?

:D

Depends...........which half would you want?

:D

:)

Make sure you still have it there.
    I’ll know Tomorrow evening if I need it or not and then we have a chat.

I’ll sell my Bmw 32a single phase cable to fund it hopefully....

2 BMW i3 Front Tyres For Sale
    6mm thread

155 55 R20

Bridgestone.

€100 for both.

https://www.adverts.ie/20620928

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Type 2 to Type 1 Charging Adapter for sale:

https://www.adverts.ie/other/type-2-to-type-1-ev-charger-adapter/20523965

Ideal if you have a Type 2 Charger at home, but a car with a Type 1 connector (EG 24/30 kWh Leaf)

Any interest?

Still available.

Ideal for anyone who is buying a gen1 Leaf now or an Outlander Phev with type 1 connection
    but want to future proof their home charger by installing a type 2 charger.

I did this when I bought my 30 kWh Leaf.

My next car will have a type 2 connection so no need to go messing with my charger :)

Any interest just let me know.

I can post if required.

Cheers

Make sure you still have it there.

It was moved recently but should be still in the box, where it is now.
    It'll be into next week before I'm at that house - no panic if you still haven't sourced one by then, we can talk.

This a good offer?
    5m 3 phase Type 2 cable. €163 delivered.

Free delivery to Ireland and 10% using SPEAKEV10 discount code.

https://thirdrockenergy.co.uk/products/type-2-to-type-2-32a-3-phase-faster-charging-cable-480v-22kw-5-meter

Good looking '19 Ioniq for sale - Phantom black metallic - looks well with the front wrapped & privacy glass :).

6OPec4v.jpg

Any Boardsie interested - drop me a PM or if you know of anyone looking for the best EV ever (:D), please spread the word.

Link: Cars Ireland Ioniq - details & pictures

Great car the Ioniq - Mrs. Kramer will be sad to see her go......

Update on this for anyone that may have contacted me from the Dublin area but were (understandably), reluctant to travel due to the restrictions.

The car has now had brand new, quality, A/B rated, Dunlop tyres fitted today as well as a set of new Bosch Aeroblade wipers. It's had a full professional valet, inside & out with a full set of spare, genuine Hyundai Ioniq mats included in the boot.

It's near Dublin now & available to view with Phil & Siobhan in Electric Autos in Kildare.

https://www.electricautos.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=2563011

Drop me a PM if anyone has any questions etc. but it's a great car & I think, fantastic value. It's quite likely the new owner will have very little depreciation & could end up driving it for a few years, for very little.

This picture was taken on Sunday.
    TZWVvWp.jpg

:).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Friend of mine looking into getting an ev. I was mentioning an Ioniq would be a good bet. What's the real world range in winter/summer at 100km/ph and 120km/h?

160km in winter at 120?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Nedved85 wrote:
    160km in winter at 120?

On a good day! I've gotten less at 110kmph when it's windy, raining and cold.

Don't forget that's the 100% full to zero% range, you'd likely want to leave 10 or 20 kilometres "in the tank" just in case so you don't arrive "on fumes", so usable range of about 140kms in that winter use case you mentioned.

Same trip for me in the summer, also at 110kmph, and on a good day the car will do 230kms.

That's some difference for the same car on the same trip, with the only difference being the weather!!

Advertisement