Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New set of clubs advice

Options
  • 20-04-2019 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

Long story short, looking for new clubs.

Used to play until 2009, played off 8 back then.

Rejoined a club last year, started at 18 and now down to 14.

I'm a good bit stronger now and have a much faster swing than I used to. The club's are also about half an inch short for me, as I was still growing back then ha.

Since I've been out of the game so long I don't even know where to start with a new set of clubs.

Ideally looking to get back down to single figures. Current clubs are Cleveland TA7's from 2005 or so.

Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Go to your professional and try out a few sets. He will fit you for them, test your swing speed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I'd have expected someone
    good enough to play off 8 to understand that you shouldn't choose your clubs based on advice on the internet.

Get fitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Superb replies, thanks folks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

And go somewhere with a range, not where you hit into a net, if the range has proper golf balls then all the better

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement