Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SEAI Grant for boiler

• 18-04-2019 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭

Hello

I am looking into a new boiler and understand there are grants

However I rang a couple of people who tell me for example it is 2500 for a boiler ,and 3200 if I apply for the grant, which makes no sense. There all seems to be this 700 in the difference which seems to be the grant amount, but surely it should be in the other direction, or is it just a wheeze ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

trellheim wrote:
    I am looking into a new boiler and understand there are grants

Is it a oil or gas boiler??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭trellheim

Gas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

There are no boiler upgrade grants anymore.
    you can get grants for
    solar water heating
    solar electricity
    Heat pump systems
    heating control upgrades
    Insulation

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

I don't think your being quoted like for like here, 2.5k maybe a boiler only install, but the granted option would include controls upgrade (as required to obtain the grant) and the boiler install

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭trellheim

OK thanks for the information it looks like I will just keep going with what i have , I had thought there was SEAI grants for this stuff but as people have mentioned it does not appear so, which is a pity but at least I know now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

trellheim wrote: »
    OK thanks for the information it looks like I will just keep going with what i have , I had thought there was SEAI grants for this stuff but as people have mentioned it does not appear so, which is a pity but at least I know now.
    There are grants for controls upgrades. Have a look at the SEAI site for details.

Also on your next boiler service, run the idea of just using one past the RGI. One of you boilers might very well be able to be setup to heat the whole area.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

trellheim wrote:

No more grants for gas boilers. There are greener ways to heat your home. I believe that there is a drive to have no new gas installations in new homes in 10 years time. Heat pumps are the way f in new homes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    No more grants for gas boilers. There are greener ways to heat your home. I believe that there is a drive to have no new gas installations in new homes in 10 years time. Heat pumps are the way f in new homes
    And Wood Pellet boilers a few years ago was the "in" thing. See where that ended up ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

ill be looking into gas boiler upgrade some time this summer, do they do pvr to outside and expansion vesel and such with the price or will that crap cost extra to get blumber etc, ive old vokera one, rather get done by one company then hire several people to work around. how much would it run in terms of cost- or do most companies do just install and leave rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 crzg

Sleeper12 wrote: »

This isn't exactly true - as has been stated, grants are available for heating controls.. this includes the boiler's time clock and zoned heating, which can be via 50% of your rads having TRVs vs. traditional zoned heating setup

So you upgrade a boiler, get a few TRVs installed, and you can get over €700 off your install. I have received multiple quotes from installers suggesting the same, and have registered for a grant online. Just check here:

https://www.seai.ie/resources/publications/Homeowners-Guide-To-Heating-Controls.pdf

You don't *need* to get a boiler to qualify for the grant, but a higher efficiency boiler will also get you a higher carbon credit. So my current replacement is €3300 incl. VAT, but I am being charged €2300 after grants and carbon credit discount.

• Advertisement
Advertisement