Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrolux Condensor Tumble Dryer - poor drying

Options
  • 13-04-2019 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an Electrolux EDH3386GDW Condensor Tumble Dryer.

We make sure that the filter and condenser filter are kept clear of lint. The air slots are also vacuumed frequently.

We find that our clothes don't dry properly. The drum is hot, so the dryer is capable of generating heat. After a 2 hour or 3 hour cycle, the clothes are damp.

The condenser filter area seems to contain a bit of moisture, which I don't think is normal. It's not soaking wet, but there are droplets of water. Around that tiny removable filter screen at the base of the machine.

Would anyone have any suggestions about the lack of drying ability?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,113 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not sure, but I'd be contacting whoever you bought it off.

Is it still within guarantee?

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Hi,

We make sure that the filter and condenser filter are kept clear of lint. The air slots are also vacuumed frequently.

We find that our clothes don't dry properly. The drum is hot, so the dryer is capable of generating heat. After a 2 hour or 3 hour cycle, the clothes are damp.

The condenser filter area seems to contain a bit of moisture, which I don't think is normal. It's not soaking wet, but there are droplets of water. Around that tiny removable filter screen at the base of the machine.

Many thanks

Have you opened the grill and pulled out the heat exchange? We had similar issue and found damp lint blocking it. Had to physically wash it out and clothes were drying perfectly again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

NIMAN wrote: »
    Not sure, but I'd be contacting whoever you bought it off.

Is it still within guarantee?

It's long outside warranty, unfortunately

Have you opened the grill and pulled out the heat exchange? We had similar issue and found damp lint blocking it. Had to physically wash it out and clothes were drying perfectly again

Good idea. Is that the grill that contains about four rows of twenty columns at the base of the machine? I assume it can be screwed out easily enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

• Advertisement

mikeymouse wrote: »

Thanks. I've tried the suggested cleaning and vacuuming of the filter, condenser filter and air slots previously.

It's never 100% dry. On occasion it's 80%, but sometimes a very damp 50% dry.

If I can access that heat exchange, I will have a rummage around.

Hi... in my model, the heat exchange is not 'quick release'

The grille is encased behind the grey plastic mould of the heat exchange cover compartment. Like a picture frame edging.

There's no obvious screws or levers to release it. Is yours the same model and how did you get it out?

I can use a toothbrush and vacuum cleaner again.

Hi... in my model, the heat exchange is not 'quick release'

The grille is encased behind the grey plastic mould of the heat exchange cover compartment. Like a picture frame edging.

There's no obvious screws or levers to release it. Is yours the same model and how did you get it out?

I can use a toothbrush and vacuum cleaner again.

Slightly different model but the heat exchange shelf itself comes out and clean from that. Does it look dirty though?

Slightly different model but the heat exchange shelf itself comes out and clean from that. Does it look dirty though?

The grille does indeed have some wet lint coated in places.

I used a toothbrush to remove it. Then I vacuumed it.

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Hi,

Many thanks

Quite aside from machine internal issues, if the room isn't well ventilated then condensor dryers don't dry well. Moist, hot air exits the machine and becomes the air that's sucked into the machine - the humidity of it gradually rises and your drying performance nose dives

2-3 hours sounds like a long time in any case.

Our condensor was like that until we learned to open the Velux's when drying. Now it (comparatively) flys through the drying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement