Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obscure videogame trivia!

Options
  • 06-04-2019 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

Some of the strange little things about the videogames can be very interesting, so maybe throw out some of your own examples here!

If you played the killer instinct arcade game, you may have noticed that some characters had smoother movement than others. This was due to the motion capture software/hardware that Rare used at the time. It kept breaking down, giving them glitchy frames of animation (such as riptor), but because of the time schedule, they just threw it all together and called it a day!

I got a salamander (gradius spinoff) pcb working not that long ago, and while I was researching the board I discovered there was an entire manga series made in the 80's. Had a quick skim through it, and considering its based on a paper-thin "plot", they did great job of making a mountain out of a molehill, including integrating the music from the game, and even using the level designs.

What other useless/fascinating things do you know?

Comments

Advertisement