Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabinet drawer mechanism alternative

Options
  • 14-03-2019 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

Apologies for the title but I can't describe it any other way.
    So I'm retrofitting a TV unit into a bathroom vanity. I've cut out the drawers to accommodate the plumbing but because of this the drawer come off the runner too a little bit too early.
    So I'm thinking of installing a runner on the bottom of the drawer.
    My question is will this work and has anyone done it before. If so any advice

Pictures attached for clarity

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

No pictures.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Pictures below

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

What you need are underside drawer runners, you may have to fit a different base to the drawers or reduce the height of the drawers for them to fit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

What you need are underside drawer runners, you may have to fit a different base to the drawers or reduce the height of the drawers for them to fit

Thanks,
    Yeah the bottom of the drawer is only backing board but I do have a half inch gap to work with.
    Another thought I had was to install a small spring mounted caster.

Advertisement