Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

The problem is, when you have done and gotten absolutely everything you can there is nothing else for us to do other than go hunting people. Rocket even said it himself that he understands that people have nothing to do except kill people once they've collected all the good loot. Perhaps in the future if more features and quest like things get added it will stop/settle down.
    Rocket was talking about making an underground tunnel system for a clan base.
    It wouldn't exist on other servers so you couldn't server hop into it.

On the Roosterteeth podcast last week Rocket described the whole underground base thing. {podcast 176} Basicly a clan base

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Need some way to keep the economy online 24/7. NPCs are the easy answer but don't really keep with the feel of the game.

i`m sure how that would work alright...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Boy, That escalated fast...

arma2oa2012-08-0217-06-00-68.jpg

Followed by me encounter with the moonwalking zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

deadeye187 wrote: »
    i`m sure how that would work alright...

Works pretty well for Arma2

It would definitely promote a band of brotherhood between survivors.

Saying that though, Im sure there are a shedload of ideas being considered at RocketHQ

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jackaroo2012

Thats just it there are so many possibilities for this game right now. Will be interesting to see where it is in a years time or even two years time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

what happens when you cycle on low blood.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3-E5rkLuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Laviski wrote: »
    what happens when you cycle on low blood.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3-E5rkLuts

Now that does look like fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

Lads I keep getting kicked. very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

Who is the team that just stormed through the southern military base near balota?

Does don't shoot and unarmed mean anything to you? I typed it and I said it over the mic.

I had nothing, and you had ghillie suits and top weapons.

Well done tough team you are ganging up on new spawns.

dre_jspeed wrote: »
    Lads I keep getting kicked. very annoying.

its battle eye thats doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

aww nuts...it was my only *hack*

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5
    - * [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)

seems to be fixing the stary graphic glitch also, hopefully.

More Info

Does anyone else HATE spawning in Kamenka? It's such a pain in the ass to run anywhere from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone in cherno got spare m4a1 mags for me?! I murdered some english guy for his gun but it only has 2 mags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Goro wrote: »
    Does anyone else HATE spawning in Kamenka? It's such a pain in the ass to run anywhere from there.

It's not too bad.
    Map
    There is a nice concentration of Deer Stands if you head north.
    Then hit the Supermarket in Zeleno and on to the NW or Stary

Cherno is where its at. Plenty of zombies and other players to kill and get killed by. Everytime I head north I never see anyone and I get killed by some dude who is 200 metres away in a bush with an AS50.

It's not too bad.
    Map
    There is a nice concentration of Deer Stands if you head north.
    Then hit the Supermarket in Zeleno and on to the NW or Stary

Those deer stands are way over rated to be honest. In all the hundred or so I've hit, I have only gotten 1 or 2 guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Any leave a Ural right in the middle of the road near Solnicniy :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Nice, got shot dead but when I went to join again I found myself spawning with all my gear in the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 chernoboyz ticos

f*cking fog.. :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Spawned near Elektro. Ran around cos I had nothing to lose and then someone snipes me from a roof, while gloating over the comms. Well done you killed a clearly unarmed new spawn! Sometimes the players in this game put you off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

Elektro is not the place to find friendly players iv learned :-(

Maybe the game is turning into a very slow death match...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Aar0n

I left a helicopter rotor blade in a tent at fort berezino if anyone's looking one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

If someone look's at me without saying friendly I will shoot them after I declare friendly.
    If they don't reply their dead.

Whoever thought the pond outside cherno would be a good place to hide a ghillie suit in a tent. You were wrong. :)

Whoever thought the pond outside cherno would be a good place to hide a ghillie suit in a tent. You were wrong. :)

I've spent all evening looking for a ghillie suit. :rolleyes:

I have yet to find one since starting DayZ. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rakane01

I found one 30 secs ago. i now have 4 for the team.

This is f*cking retarded. I had 10000 blood on my way out of cherno with some weapons and supplies I had picked up. A zombie appears out of nowhere and hits me once. I fall to the ground bleeding and the stupid clock timer appears and stays there until I've bled out!!! WTF??? This is the second time this has happened. They are slowly destroying this game with their "updates". Zombies can spot you from a mile away now, even when you're prone. Did the developers not think it might be a good idea to fix the bug that allows them to see and walk through walls before giving them better vision?!? F*cking stupid. When this came out first it was good. I gave up on it for a few weeks and played again yesterday but its just getting worse and worse. I'll play again in a few weeks and see if they have made any improvements.

rakane01 wrote: »
    I found one 30 secs ago. i now have 4 for the team.

Aw man, I've been to every possible spawn spot across the north. Just my luck.

Ah well the quest will continue...

On a side note, I have yet to see a chopper flying about..

• Advertisement

They should add features to make your own ghillie suit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fchxuYczK_o

i found the latest suit in an outdoor toilet very hygenic.
    as for helicopter. same here and ive been on for sometime over passed couple of days about 12 hrs tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I don't think there is a chopper on the boards server.

shame about the no heli. would have added some excitment. hearing an incoming chopper and ducking for cover.

SgtBob wrote: »
    Aw man, I've been to every possible spawn spot across the north. Just my luck.

Ah well the quest will continue...

All Ghillies I have found so far have been in the South.

I found one in Balota once!

If your really having trouble try going on a server with a low population, more chance of getting full spawn points.

OK so I found a ghillie , an AK cobra and all the essentials. I then stumble upon a bus in the hills near elektro! Almost a full tank of gas too.

So me and my bus headed off into the sunset together. Great to be able to drive up north so much faster. :)

• Advertisement

I don't think there is a chopper on the boards server.

I thought they were enabled on all instances the other day. could be wrong though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Banditry fix coming soon!

Apparently it's just the head that will be the indicator. Whatever, it's sorely needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭AntiAntiBoardz

Aar0n wrote: »
    I left a helicopter rotor blade in a tent at fort berezino if anyone's looking one.

There is no, "Fort Berezino"...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

OK so I found a ghillie , an AK cobra and all the essentials. I then stumble upon a bus in the hills near elektro! Almost a full tank of gas too.

So me and my bus headed off into the sunset together. Great to be able to drive up north so much faster. :)
    Haha me and a few lads saw you drove through, was gonna plaster you with bullets an steal it but you were too quick.

The hacking on heavy populated servers is ridiculous....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Watch out for chernoboyz woody, he is a bandido!

I managed to kill him at the Elektro power station with a headshot after he ambushed me. Looted a map, compass and gun off his corpse. Zombies heard the gunfire so I shot some and went up a ladder to bandage up. I killed the enemies and moved on- i had little ammo, 40% blood, the screen was pure grey as a result, I had no food or water and a crap gun. Tough times.

Went out wandering for 40 mins or so. Near Kamyshovo I found a dead player and looted his corpse for a good old Lee Enfield, ammo and supplies. Came across Tulga while scavenging. No luck. Went out into the woods. Decided I was going to move towards Dolina. While there I was ambushed by zombies running like mofos. Hid in the warehouse, near dead due to blood loss, starvation and dehydration, and decided to pick them off one by one with good old Lee. I went into Dolina. No luck again. Was getting desperate.

Decided to go to Polana to scavenge. Found loads of supplies and a new pack in the supermarket there. I then headed out west into the Black Forest to find food. I killed a boar and gutted it. I made a fireplace and cooked its meat and ate it for din dins. Had a rest in the forest. I decided I'd probably go to Novy Sobor. In the meantime I am camping out in the forest hunting boar for sustenance.

The mod is really great when you get going and stable. The best tactic is to avoid players by heading out into the wilderness and trying to loot a select few towns (like Polana). Avoid the cities! There is nothing there but broken dreams!

Might post updates on how my character (Oprah Winfrey) is doing. His story must be told!!

(I love going into towns with the notion in your head that this town may be the one you die in. Makes the game very tense and improve your survival instinct.)

• Advertisement

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    Watch out for chernoboyz woody, he is a bandido!

I managed to kill him at the Elektro power station with a headshot after he ambushed me. Looted a map, compass and gun off his corpse. Zombies heard the gunfire so I shot some and went up a ladder to bandage up. I killed the enemies and moved on- i had little ammo, 40% blood, the screen was pure grey as a result, I had no food or water and a crap gun. Tough times.

Went out wandering for 40 mins or so. Near Kamyshovo I found a dead player and looted his corpse for a good old Lee Enfield, ammo and supplies. Came across Tulga while scavenging. No luck. Went out into the woods. Decided I was going to move towards Dolina. While there I was ambushed by zombies running like mofos. Hid in the warehouse, near dead due to blood loss, starvation and dehydration, and decided to pick them off one by one with good old Lee. I went into Dolina. No luck again. Was getting desperate.

Decided to go to Polana to scavenge. Found loads of supplies and a new pack in the supermarket there. I then headed out west into the Black Forest to find food. I killed a boar and gutted it. I made a fireplace and cooked its meat and ate it for din dins. Had a rest in the forest. I decided I'd probably go to Novy Sobor. In the meantime I am camping out in the forest hunting boar for sustenance.

The mod is really great when you get going and stable. The best tactic is to avoid players by heading out into the wilderness and trying to loot a select few towns (like Polana). Avoid the cities! There is nothing there but broken dreams!

Might post updates on how my character (Oprah Winfrey) is doing. His story must be told!!

(I love going into towns with the notion in your head that this town may be the one you die in. Makes the game very tense and improve your survival instinct.)

Essentially, when you get a hatchet, hunting knife and matches, you can survive in the wilderness indefinitely. It all depends on how you want to play. But like that, there is nothing quite like the feeling of entering a town. Especially, ones with a supermarket. You never know who you'll meet. Or that anxious feeling, when you are looting in a building, or running through a city and you start hearing gunshots. You can cut the tension with a knife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

The wheels on my bus went round and round.

And then Goro stole it :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

The wheels on my bus went round and round.

And then Goro stole it :eek:

Then I'm pretty sure I found it and put a few bullets into it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I was pretty angry last night, someone took my heli while i was offline, but that wasn't why I was angry.
    Ambiushed a convoy on a DE server last night hitting 4 riders, they all logged out ALL OF THEM!!! Healed up and appeared behind me, just as I was taking a bike, got away under serious light machine gun fire, patched myself up and here they are heading after me in their quad and van. I hit the trees leaving the bike in a bush and hit the arseh0les on the quad (Love that thermal gun), they logged straight away, two more went into industrial buildings, one appearing in the doorway on the roof. Shot him and he logged.
    His friend got me with a headshot.
    Lost my thermal to a bunch of pussies, think I'll be starting out on a boards server from now on, if those guys had any balls they would all be dead instead of having my thermal, but at least they would have died like men.

Good thing was that it was a two pronged ambush, so my mate let them pass and I stopped them with some fire. The idea was for my mate to then head up behind them and take them out. Instead we modified the plan on the fly, when they started logging out the second time, so I was to fight a running battle retreating and he would then come in behind them and steal the vehicles, I lost my thermal, ghillie etc, which isn't fair but I can console myself with the fact that those pratts are walking home, we took all their vehicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Essentially, when you get a hatchet, hunting knife and matches, you can survive in the wilderness indefinitely. It all depends on how you want to play. But like that, there is nothing quite like the feeling of entering a town. Especially, ones with a supermarket. You never know who you'll meet. Or that anxious feeling, when you are looting in a building, or running through a city and you start hearing gunshots. You can cut the tension with a knife.

But you still need to get water/liquids and supplies like heatpacks in case you get sick.

I think I'll camp out in the Black Forest for a while and become a mountain man, hunting boar and players alike.

Stay away from the Black Forest everyone! Cheers!

I was pretty angry last night, someone took my heli while i was offline, but that wasn't why I was angry.
    Ambiushed a convoy on a DE server last night hitting 4 riders, they all logged out ALL OF THEM!!! Healed up and appeared behind me, just as I was taking a bike, got away under serious light machine gun fire, patched myself up and here they are heading after me in their quad and van. I hit the trees leaving the bike in a bush and hit the arseh0les on the quad (Love that thermal gun), they logged straight away, two more went into industrial buildings, one appearing in the doorway on the roof. Shot him and he logged.
    Lost my thermal to a bunch of pussies, think I'll be starting out on a boards server from now on, if those guys had any balls they would all be dead instead of having my thermal, but at least they would have died like men.

on boards if we catch anyone combat logging they will get endure the ban hammer!

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    But you still need to get water/liquids and supplies like heatpacks in case you get sick.

Refillable canteen(s) for water and I'm not sure your temperature is a factor anymore in the latest version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Good thing was that it was a two pronged ambush, so my mate let them pass and I stopped them with some fire. The idea was for my mate to then head up behind them and take them out. Instead we modified the plan on the fly, when they started logging out the second time, so I was to fight a running battle retreating and he would then come in behind them and steal the vehicles, I lost my thermal, ghillie etc, which isn't fair but I can console myself with the fact that those pratts are walking home, we took all their vehicles.

If someone had logged like that on me the 1st time I would have left them off and just got out of there.. Don't bother waiting around for cheaters.

I got killed last night after having an 11 day character, coyote backpack, m4, buckets of ammo.

It sucks but you just gotta take it like a man. I could have easily logged out with the friend I was playing it.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

I ended up starving in the middle of the mountains with my character, lasted a good 20 days. Finally I decided to go out with style and used a grenade on myself.

Spawned in Solnichy and wandered north. Found a boat and then started sailing up the coast. Then I lagged out and ended up in hte water with no boat around...... awkward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Zatoichi wrote: »
    Banditry fix coming soon!

Apparently it's just the head that will be the indicator. Whatever, it's sorely needed.
    Indicator? Banditry?
    Please, tell me more, haven't played in weeks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement