Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Third Day. New HBO Show. Could be good. Looks interesting.

• 23-08-2020 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Some good actors and a bit of a Wicker Man and Shining feel to it.

Looks interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Starts on Sky Atlantic on 15/9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paddy Considine always a good addition, very Stephen King gone folky imo, added to watch list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

This just aired on Sky Atlantic. I really liked it. Very eerie and weird...not sure what’s the deal with the green though.

In some places I thought it strayed too close to parody and I thought someone was going to say “The greater good”

Will definitely watch the next one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ye that was boring. Not impressed at all.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

I'll give it a shot - a lot of time for Dennis Kelly after Utopia.

Interesting to see HBO leaning into horror with this and Lovecraft country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Not a bad first episode I thought, will stick with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,907 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not sure about the show as a whole after the first episode however Paddy Considine is just so bloody good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭rtron

Thumbs up on the first Episode.

• Advertisement

Well that was a weird episode last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

Watching ep 2 now - I think it's bloody class.

Very creepy. So many Wicker Man comparisons (for a good reason). Also reminds me of Don't Look Now and Twin Peaks. Something very dangerous and sinister is going on.

Jude Law is great - learning more about his back story this episode; very well done. Love Emily Watson. Unclear who are the good and the bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

It's really good, extremely unsettling

Reckon they're either satanists or jude law is in actual Hell,he's sort of been there since his son was murdered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The televisual equivalent of a fever dream! :D

It’s excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just watched ep 1. I'm all in! Bloody class, right up my alley.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

Would this be too scary for a scaredy cat?

Sakana wrote: »
    Would this be too scary for a scaredy cat?
    It's not particularly scary.. just batsh*t weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

Basq wrote: »
    It's not particularly scary.. just batsh*t weird!

Oh, good. I liked the trailer.

Not a huge fan of Jude Law in general however he is brilliant in this.

It's not often you get a show that is just different even thought I think the storyline is actually a very simple one they are just telling it in a fantastic way.

well that really went down the toilet in the final episode , completely daft

dreadful final episode , ruined the whole thing for me and i loved the first two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    well that really went down the toilet in the final episode , completely daft

dreadful final episode , ruined the whole thing for me and i loved the first two

There's another 3 episodes to come right? First 3 covered Summer, then the 12 hour long live special at the weekend covered Autumn and 3 episodes left to cover Winter.

I wasn't a fan of ep 3, went a bit too mad for me. Unreal acting and cinematography though.

There is 3 more episodes to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Turned out go be a dogs dinner rubbish show.
    Can't believe I even thought this rubbish show was going to be good.

Lovecraft Country now that's good and only had one crap episode so far episode 6 was rubbish all the rest great do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

There is 3 more episodes to go.

i understood the next three episodes were about a completely different character with a completely different story ?

just the same island ?

the live special thing on sky arts has nothing to do with the sky atlantic fictional story , jude law and emily watson dont actually live on the island after all

Saw a clip of the next episode and it looks like a girl has arrived on the island, didn't realise JL might not be in any more episodes though.

The 12 hour livestream event is on..

https://www.facebook.com/HBO/videos/1840545682750965/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Saw a clip of the next episode and it looks like a girl has arrived on the island, didn't realise JL might not be in any more episodes though.
    He's in the live one that's on now, I'm watching him digging a hole in the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

He's in the live one that's on now, I'm watching him digging a hole in the ground.

Oddly enjoyable to have on in the background. Love the soundtrack.

Also its on Sky Arts aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

It almost as underwhelming and boring as when Channel 4 broadcast Derek Jarman's Blue years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

I am currently watching the livestream. I have seen none of the episodes.
    I have no idea what is going on. I am greatly enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Can't believe this is streaming for 12 hours today. What's actually happening? Is it like the live festival? Might watch the final hour to see if there's anything interesting happening

i stand corrected

thought the sky arts thing was coverage of an actual festival held by the real island inhabitants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    i stand corrected

thought the sky arts thing was coverage of an actual festival held by the real island inhabitants
    I think the original, pre-Covid, plan was to have a music festival and get actual members of the public onto the island and have them as part of the whole thing interacting with the actors etc. but they had to change it in light of Covid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It almost as underwhelming and boring as when Channel 4 broadcast Derek Jarman's Blue years ago.

Being a glutton for punishment, I watched the three episodes, and I was punished beyond all expectations. I've still got Jude Law's incessant whining echoing in my ears.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Being a glutton for punishment, I watched the three episodes, and I was punished beyond all expectations. I've still got Jude Law's incessant whining echoing in my ears.

i liked the first two but the third one was garbage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

If you are watching live now, a good ending would be if someone goes postal and takes them all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Epping Forest

Thought someone had laced my morning tea with LSD when I turned on sky arts earlier. Something very unsettling about it, I'd never heard of the series until today.

Liked the new (4th) Episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

rtron wrote: »
    Liked the new (4th) Episode.

There's was something I thought a bit odd towards the end of the 3rd episode (apart from the general feel of it ;)), but the 4th episode explained it for me.

Nicely set up now for the finale now.

I've enjoyed episode 4 & 5 however if episode 6 is anything like episode 3 it's going to be a bat**** crazy ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

2nd best show this year after Watchmen. Got stronger as season went on. Spending 15 minutes watching a camera move towards a weird wooden statue and even longer with jude law digging a grave were an added bonus.

A little bit too much of Sam hallucinations early on but apart form that loved it. Favorite characters were the ones who owned the pub, Oyster, I think?

This was brilliant overall, thought the third episode was the end of a set and somewhat a week ending. And episodes 4-6 would be a new story. But how wrong was that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I very nearly gave up on this after the third episode but I hung on and was dragged back on to Osea in the final three episodes - far more suspense filled story arc and likeable, relatable characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I missed the live stream thing but I watched the first 3 episodes, it's totally out there and does subscribe to many tropes from Wicker Man and other films, but I love it so far. Jude Law is amazing, he could carry any show. He can also rock a widow's peak like no one else, mine isn't as pronounced as his just yet but gives me hope!
    The way they portrayed being on acid was quite good too, with the little flecks of colour falling around you. Looking forward to the 2nd part, 3 episodes called winter, I think.

I missed the live stream thing but I watched the first 3 episodes, it's totally out there and does subscribe to many tropes from Wicker Man and other films, but I love it so far. Jude Law is amazing, he could carry any show. He can also rock a widow's peak like no one else, mine isn't as pronounced as his just yet but gives me hope!
    The way they portrayed being on acid was quite good too, with the little flecks of colour falling around you. Looking forward to the 2nd part, 3 episodes called winter, I think.

You are in for a treat. The next 3 episodes are equally if not more compelling. Absolutely brilliant show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

I watched all 6 episodes this last week and it was brilliant.I read this thread after I watched and realized I had missed the live stream but the stream is not essential to the story and from reading here the "stream" and "part 2" caused some confusion.
    Great acid scenes and great acting by all

I thought it started out good but it ended up a steaming pile of dung.

Very disappointing ending.

Advertisement