Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Apprentice 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

jeffk wrote: »
    Speaking of cars

With all this carbon footprint etc etc etc

Why is there still 5-6 cars for the teams/Karen-Claude and Lord Sugar :confused:
    They also mentioned that they drove to Nottingham to the Raleigh bike factory. Ever heard of trains?

seligehgit wrote: »
    Ah TBF I think it was an easy call for Lord Sugar.

Love Thomas the geezer!:D

Iasha is a very good candidate.

Looking forward to my time honoured favourite task next week.
    Because it looks good (in their eyes). Hard to film within the cars if there are too many in them and also Lord Sugar wouldn't dare travel with the commoners! biggrin.png
    'Lord' Sugar. I wish one of them would call him Alan, just once.
    I wish one of us would call him Alan, or Sugar or whatever. Do we really need to recognise titles given out by UK governments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Good episode this week I thought, some actual competence on display. Don't think we've ever heard of sales figures in the millions before.
    IT was all about the gross figures, no mention of margin or profitability. The margins would be very different on the bikes compared to the helmets and the lycra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I wish one of us would call him Alan, or Sugar or whatever. Do we really need to recognise titles given out by UK governments?

I refer to him as Lord Sugar as that's the name he's referred to and known by. I'm not doing it because I want to recognise his title or 'respect' him. Nobody calls him Alan Sugar so it doesn't sound right.

I also think I'd sound a bit petty deliberately ignoring a UK title purely because it's a UK title. I couldn't care what he's called :)

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Watching You're Fired last night I have to say i found Tom Allen thoroughly unfunny. It felt like he was trying to hard. Really missed either Rhod or Dara.

Have to agree with this, especially the trying too hard bit. Didnt find him funny at all and moreso cringeworthy with all the camped up humour. Will give it another go this week but can see myself not bothering with it till the final episode.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have to agree with this, especially the trying too hard bit. Didnt find him funny at all and moreso cringeworthy with all the camped up humour. Will give it another go this week but can see myself not bothering with it till the final episode.

And they don't do "Karen Brady being harsh but fair" anymore. I used to enjoy that part of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Oh my god, going by their knowledge of some of the items early on, Jemelin's team are going on a wild goose chase.

Delighted he's gone. Snake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

One of the teams had no idea when WWII was. Not one of them.

Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Fecking intro gave away that Ryan Mark wouldn't be fired. Need to make sure I skip next week's intro

Was very harsh on Ryan on the book negotiation, your man was never gonna go lower than 165.

And I seriously can't stand Lottie. She's so anal, controlling and wound up. Horrible person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

siblers wrote: »
    Fecking intro gave away that Ryan Mark wouldn't be fired. Need to make sure I skip next week's intro

Was very harsh on Ryan on the book negotiation, your man was never gonna go lower than 165.

And I seriously can't stand Lottie. She's so anal, controlling and wound up. Horrible person

Agreed. However, I was impressed at how many of the items she identified. Plus, she knew her WWII dates too, which was more than the other team...

Another night of Your Fired that was unfunny. Whats his name is trying to hard Dara O'Brian or Rhod Gilbert would effortlessly insert a witty quip. Instead, its energetic dramatics from himself. I think I'll be skipping You're fired from now on.

Another night of Your Fired that was unfunny. Whats his name is trying to hard Dara O'Brian or Rhod Gilbert would effortlessly insert a witty quip. Instead, its energetic dramatics from himself. I think I'll be skipping You're fired from now on.

Yeah I skip it entirely now and used to love it. I've no issue with camp humour but it just doesn't suit this show whatsoever. It's too dramatic and too high energy for the type of show it is. The show needs withering humour (just not so much it ends up at Jack Dee levels).

everlast75 wrote: »
    Agreed. However, I was impressed at how many of the items she identified. Plus, she knew her WWII dates too, which was more than the other team...

She's intelligent alright and she probably has a solid business plan but she seriously lacks in people skills.

Her sales negotiations are pretty ropey too. She offered your man 12 for that wrench thing when he said it was only worth ten brand new. No idea why she got so uppity over the toin coss either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

She's intelligent alright and she probably has a solid business plan but she seriously lacks in people skills.

Her sales negotiations are pretty ropey too. She offered your man 12 for that wrench thing when he said it was only worth ten brand new. No idea why she got so uppity over the toin coss either

Her colleagues seem to dislike her greatly.

Week on week she's rejected for the role of PM or sub team leader.

My gut told me there was only one team likely to lose that task.

The whole farce around the years of the second world war and the mortar board was cringeworthy.

How Lottie could make an argument re the coin toss and ridiculous 12 pound offer for the rigger jigger was preposterous.

She'd make a great head mistress.

As for the sneaky Ryan Mark's negotiating skills re the quant the less said the better.

Her colleagues seem to dislike her greatly.

Week on week she's rejected for the role of PM or sub team leader.

My gut told me there was only one team likely to lose that task.

The whole farce around the years of the second world war and the mortar board was cringeworthy.

How Lottie could make an argument re the coin toss and ridiculous 12 pound offer for the rigger jigger was preposterous.

She'd make a great head mistress.

As for the sneaky Ryan Mark's negotiating skills re the quant the less said the better.

Yeah she seems to flit around her abilities too as it suits her. The other week she said she was a librarian and not familiar with corporate business so wasn't suitable for a pitch. Then ever since she's put across that she's competent so should be pm. So there's definitely an element of her suiting herself a bit too obviously.

I thought the coin toss was ingenious and nearly paid off but he still got the deal. Her incredulity was just bizarre given, as you said, her way over the odds offer for the rigger jigger.

For me, Tom looks right up Lord Sugars street. He loves a salesman. Hard to see anyone else yet really shining (they are all useless in some regards). At the end of the day though, those sales pitches will be a huge influence.

Hoping to god that Tom stays at least til the interviews. That'll be tv gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Hoping to god that Tom stays at least til the interviews. That'll be tv gold

If he gets to the interviews it’ll be brilliant. I predict he sells one of the interviewers a set of pillows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Jemelin would have been the one all the lads were after I'd say, she's one fine looking woman.

Jemelin would have been the one all the lads were after I'd say, she's one fine looking woman.

Agree. She is stunning. Alas, she is taken. By a lad who looks like he would break you in half :D

• Advertisement

Lottie is 19 going on 50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Agree. She is stunning. Alas, she is taken. By a lad who looks like he would break you in half :D

It's ok I don't want to fight him for her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm not seeing it lads. She does absolutely nothing for me!

Wasn't great as a PM either but yer man Ryan Mark is a snake with serious notions.

As for the comment someone made about Pamela being impressive. The sexist nonsense a few weeks back and the way she instantly tried to deflect attention to the others when challenged in the boardroom suggests a spoofer as well.

Tom will probably go far because he's the type of personality Sugar seems to go for, but him aside there's not one that particularly stands out (positively) for me.

I thought the coin toss was ingenious and nearly paid off but he still got the deal. Her incredulity was just bizarre given, as you said, her way over the odds offer for the rigger jigger.

It wasnt only that, it was Thomas' negotiation and he was getting to 40 but then she butted in and blurted out 60 so his coin toss idea for 40/50 actually got rid of her offer for 60. It was quick thinking on his behalf just at the point she had messed it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Lottie is brazen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

God yer one Lottie is a condescending, useless twit.

Thomas doing all the heavy lifting here while she plays sub team lead.

The one with the painted eyebrows wouldn't be able for the rollercoasters. Would be all over her face by the end

The award for the most atrocious joke of all time goes to Lord Sugar and he's had a few candidates.

Asteroids aren't those what you get for sitting around too long!

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    God yer one Lottie is a condescending, useless twit.

Thomas doing all the heavy lifting here while she plays sub team lead.

Very impressed with Thomas this week.

Ryan Mark and his partner in crime performed very poor.

Shocked with the verdict although the originality of the ride in reverse won it for them.

• Advertisement

Aysha was very weak.

Scarlett was a very weak PM.

Aysha was very weak.

A lamb. Living off winging it in Week 1, that she even admitted to in the boardroom.

Nice one Lord Sugar.

Well played taking the indecision out of Scarlett's hands.

No great surprise.

My god I thought he was going to go all No Country for Old Men on them there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

A lamb. Living off winging it in Week 1, that she even admitted to in the boardroom.

Did she not project manage her team to over a million in sales the other week though?

• Advertisement

Still Ill wrote: »
    Did she not project manage her team to over a million in sales the other week though?

She did and impressed me on the same task but outside that IMO she hide in the background quite a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just not vocal enough, was a lamb to the slaughter in the boardroom.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

They kept saying it was a record breaking amount of loops (15). But they said earlier that 14 was the max in the *UK*?

Why didn't Lottie defend herself against thomas by saying the PM insisted on a rocket?

Why wasn't thomas brought in - the whole idea was his? 75% of it was his

Ryan Mark with a couple of innuendo remarks towards Lewis, but if it was a straight man doing the same towards one of the women, there would be a furore.

Ryan Mark with a couple of innuendo remarks towards Lewis, but if it was a straight man doing the same towards one of the women, there would be a furore.

Missed that??

Have it recorded.

• Advertisement

Lottie is insufferable. Cant see her going the whole way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Bad decision tonight you can see they are keeping in those who will get the ratings up. Lottie is not someone he can do business with as she is way to divisive.

Very impressed with Thomas this week.

Ryan Mark and his partner in crime performed very poor.

Shocked with the verdict although the originality of the ride in reverse won it for them.

Yeah I thought the Final Loop was much better than the other rollercoaster and was surprised at the result. Their poster and presentation was a lot better too.

The sparring between Thomas and Lottie was good craic. She only put her foot down to be seen to be doing something, not because it was right and she was proven wrong in the boardroom. She is too po-faced to handle his personality and got shown up tonight.

Watched 10 minutes of You're Fired and then switched off, awful stuff, it really has gone downhill.

I'm all for different task ideas, but designing a roller coaster was pure ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lottie is insufferable. Cant see her going the whole way.

Crazy that's she's only 19. When I was that age I spent most of the time either drunk or hungover. I can see her going far in this competition.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Crazy that's she's only 19. When I was that age I spent most of the time either drunk or hungover. I can see her going far in this competition.

i genuinely don't like her. I think she is too abrasive and frankly, too big for her boots. However, she was spot on about oul Tommy, me ould geezer. He would have been happy to do that task all by himself which is not the aim of the process.

She did allow him leeway - 75% sounded about right. She even complimented him for various ideas. However, when she wanted to do one thing, a thing her captain told her to do, he flipped out like a little toddler having a tantrum.

She is academically clever, and has good business acumen. She is just immature. When she learns how to interact with people better, she will be a very good business person.

everlast75 wrote: »
    i genuinely don't like her. I think she is too abrasive and frankly, too big for her boots. However, she was spot on about oul Tommy, me ould geezer. He would have been happy to do that task all by himself which is not the aim of the process.

She did allow him leeway - 75% sounded about right. She even complimented him for various ideas. However, when she wanted to do one thing, a thing her captain told her to do, he flipped out like a little toddler having a tantrum.

She is academically clever, and has good business acumen. She is just immature. When she learns how to interact with people better, she will be a very good business person.

Completely agree. Tommy is very likeable - until you see him have a tantrum like last night and then you lose all respect for him.

I'm sorry, I have to call shenanigans on the so called experts judgement that they both went with the other teams brand.

We all know these tasks are about creating a brand, not an actual roller coaster , and the final loop branding was spot on. I'm pretty sure they didnt put the record breaking number of loops etc because that would need to be independently verified, and a lie on the poster would be an instant failure. The branding of the other team was allover the place. Insomnia, dreams, nightmares with an alien hand and the eye looked like a sideways 'H' to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

But it has been done before...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones_et_le_Temple_du_P%C3%A9ril#Backwards

If you look at the crowd reactions when using the rollercoasters, the crowd looked way more excited in the nightmate one, the effects worked better and got a much better reception.

The loop one, the crowd were being thrown all over the place, it looked fairly uncomfortable so not too surprised with the result.

The nightmare one looked **** but had probably better potential

If you look at the crowd reactions when using the rollercoasters, the crowd looked way more excited in the nightmate one, the effects worked better and got a much better reception.

The loop one, the crowd were being thrown all over the place, it looked fairly uncomfortable so not too surprised with the result.

The loop one looked **** but had probably better potential

They had a guy on You're Fired suggesting that so many loops and their world record speed would actually be a death trap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement