Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

First night is just a "getting to know you " night and never expect too much. You lot have figured out the names faster than I...but I love having a brainless show to sit down to every night:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,304 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I had assumed it was AJ going in.
    Was Curtis linked to any pro dancer before?
    No idea tbh he was in the Irish version of strictly....so yeah the lesser Pritchard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I watched it on the Virgin Media Player!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Is it on every Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

KatW4 wrote: »
    I watched it on the Virgin Media Player!

Really?? I can't seem to get it here on the Virgin Media Player, unless you watched it live??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ilovemycharlie

watch a good interesting documentary don't waste your time watching this ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Emmser wrote: »
    Hey, where did we watch Love Island Australia last year?

It was on Virgin Media, but only started a week or so after the UK one ended so not live.

Boxer is a babe, I like Lucie too if it was a looks contest only.
    Allegedly The Flack had a fling with AJ Pritchard recently and that’s how Curtis got on the show.

What's the point in posting snide rubbish like that on here? And for the second time?
    Go post somewhere else, or better yet take your own advice and go watch a documentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Curtis is too clean cut for a reality muck show.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Is it on every Sunday?

Yea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Well that was a decent episode to start with! Normally beginning like said here is awful slow but Anton wasted no time looking like an eejit.

Surprised me how they all didn't kick off at him like previous would. Actually made me warm to the Joe lad. Didn't like him to begin with but he handled it all well, feel bad for him as he actually comes across as a nice guy but I reckon that surfer girl (haven't gotten all their names yet!) will just chew him up and toss him out. She will clearly run after the Fury brother and Joe's already shown he'll step aside and not cause a scene.

Wouldn't let Amber's pretty exterior fool ya either, lovely looking girl but she's giving off the vibe that she'd go through anyone in her path. Can see her kicking off and arguing with the boys and girls alike.

Yewande is breaking me here. Good looking and smart but she isn't really throwing herself into it in my opinion. Think she's sitting around waiting for something to happen which doesn't work in this show. Can't remember her talking to any of the guys really.

Hope she clicks with someone but think she needs a bit of a confidene boost.

Curtis is too clean cut for a reality muck show.

Reckon he'll become a viewer favorite, seems sound and a bit of craic now doubt with some dancing to provide entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Is it on every Sunday?

Its on every night not once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Emmser wrote: »
    Hey, where did we watch Love Island Australia last year?

It was on Virgin Media, but only started a week or so after the UK one ended so not live.

Boxer is a babe, I like Lucie too if it was a looks contest only.
    Allegedly The Flack had a fling with AJ Pritchard recently and that’s how Curtis got on the show.
    Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The boxer does nothing for me, I wouldn't kick that ballroom dancer (Curtis??) out of bed though, he's gorgeous!
    By far the best looking guy in there imo.

Anton is a slimy little git, but no doubt the girls will still be hanging off him. He also reminds me of Robbie Rotten from Lazy Town.

Yewande is like last years Samira, its like history replaying itself.
    Already sick of all the talk about chilled out vibes and positive energies. Feck right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Yewande was starting to act a bit Single White Female, as if she had no experience with men.

When asking the fireman guy when his last relationship ended and saying “don’t lie to me” and then he made a mistake in the answer and she said something about him already lying to her again.
    There was another comment on the couch when the 2 new lads came in too that was a bit chilling.

Curtis seems like he walked straight out of the 90s, curtain hair and campness included. He might be entertaining, but not in a sh*thead Adam/Rosie way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

I don't get the show, if it's just meant to be good looking people and shallow, the women on it really aren't great at all. Amy and Amber are decent, but I see better looking women in the local nightclub or on the street.

One of them seems to have weird lips, cosmetic surgery failure? Strange that young Fury is on the show as well gypsys usually only go out with other gypsys, it's frowned upon. Can't see him lasting with any of em.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

To all female readers of this thread....

Please, please , please …. do not think that blokes find inflated collagen lips attractive.

They are a cringey manckfest. They look disgusting and are quite a turn off.

Don't waste you money. There is nothing more attractive than natural lips, no matter how big or small they are.

I would definitely say Joe has a massive future in cross dressing. It is his destiny.

This is quality TV mister cocaine...…. Get a grip like.

• Advertisement

tenor.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

IAMAMORON wrote: »

Please, please , please …. do not think that blokes find inflated collagen lips attractive.

Don't waste you money. There is nothing more attractive than natural lips, no matter how big or small they are.
    Isn't she a pharmacist aswell? All those brains and does that to herself like. Probably be decent enough if it wasnt for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭A Summer In Provence

jluv wrote: »
    First night is just a "getting to know you " night and never expect too much. You lot have figured out the names faster than I...but I love having a brainless show to sit down to every night:P
    I'm with you 100%, it is nice to have some brainless tv for a few weeks of the Summer and it gives us all something to chat about in work!

This programme actually makes me feel happy about my life, while the contestants are all good looking, most of them are pretty vacuous. I wouldn't want to exchange places with any of them. I don't find most of the men remotely attractive, I don't think they're particularly "manly" (with the exception of Tommy Fury). No one wants to be in bed with "Leo the Lion" but I don't think I'm ready to share my bed with a man who spends more time and money waxing his legs than I do.

I'm looking forward to seeing a bit more of the boxer, Tommy Fury tonight....if I had to select one man from the current group, it would be him ...as we say around these parts "a man like him is built to last" :D

I see Anna was meant to be the curvy addition this year to add to diversity, and now some online are complaining about the fact that she's actually in good shape.

Find it a bit daft myself. Show is known for having good looking/muscle lads and stunning/toned girls, but people seem to complain about the standards it sets on the viewers etc. But it's just some trash tv to pass the time. How do people care enough about the show to complain that there's no "normal" people in it. It's a trash show about sexy people being eejits on an island, and of course ya get moaning that they make people feel crap about their current state.

It's a bit like me complaining that the olympics doesn't have any average lads from down the pub who struggle to run in a straight line, to make me feel better about myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Isn't she a pharmacist aswell? All those brains and does that to herself like. Probably be decent enough if it wasnt for that.

I think hers are just particularly bad, she got too much filler in a short space of time and now the natural shape is gone and they just look swollen.
    If they are done properly & professionally they can enhance your natural features and look quite nice.
    She should really get them dissolved and start again, I can only imagine how hard they are from the product build up!

Of last years girls, Alexandra's were lovely, you'd barely notice them, and they were in proportion to the rest of her features.
    Dani's were woeful, so were Rosies.
    Ellie has had as much work done as Megan, but its done so well you can hardly see it.

Curtis seems like he walked straight out of the 90s, curtain hair and campness included. He might be entertaining, but not in a sh*thead Adam/Rosie way.
    Curtis Joe Garratt reminds me of Hugh Grant in Four Weddings and a Funeral.

Edit: I really need to learn their names off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

All I heard last night was 'blah blah blah banter blah blah blah bants' over and over.
    Shoot me now people.

To thine own self be true

All I heard last night was 'blah blah blah banter blah blah blah bants' over and over.
    Shoot me now people.

It is what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

IAMAMORON wrote: »

Do u remember the pumped up Barbie doll a few seasons ago, she spent too long lounging in the sun that her lips burst. It was really funny but the poor girl must have been in awful pain for a week or so. And she stayed on the show with her blistered lips.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

What is it with so many women going nuts over Tommy Fury on social media? He's a good looking lad and great if they find him attractive but why do we all have to hear about it???
    Also, is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed when people cream themselves over celebrities in front of their partners. Fair enough if you find them attractive and you should be able to say that but I find it very disrespectful to be saying stuff like 'He could have my babies' when said person is in a relationship. I know it's only a joke but it's hinting that the other person isn't good enough. I'd never do that to a girlfriend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anna - wow! Curves!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It is what it is.......surely it's the new....... I'm loyal Babes

What is it with so many women going nuts over Tommy Fury on social media? He's a good looking lad and great if they find him attractive but why do we all have to hear about it???
    Also, is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed when people cream themselves over celebrities in front of their partners. Fair enough if you find them attractive and you should be able to say that but I find it very disrespectful to be saying stuff like 'He could have my babies' when said person is in a relationship. I know it's only a joke but it's hinting that the other person isn't good enough. I'd never do that to a girlfriend.

I think you’re getting carried away. This show is a bit like having a holiday romance.

There is a MASSIVE difference between someone you’d be happy to casually shag and the person you’d want to be father/mother to your children.

Ok I’m aboard the hating Lucy train now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Fake lips/crap lipliner fails (that pharmacist is just so so tragic).
    Men with tattooed eyebrows and skintight jeans.
    Is this what's attractive now? I'm so old and grumpy.

The floppy haired sandwich guy and the Irish girl are the only semi natural looking people in there.

Jesus I'm glad I didn't have to spend my 20s attending to such an extensive level of grooming.

• Advertisement

IIWII

Just came here to say the same thing. She is very annoying with the stupid made up words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭anewme

KatW4 wrote: »

Just came here to say the same thing. She is very annoying with the stupid made up words.

BEV me hole.

Thick as 2 short planks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Amber.....uuugggghhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Amber is horrible.

What a cow.

• Advertisement

'your sunglasses...really suit your face'

Wow.

Amber is horrible!!! So rude.

anewme wrote: »
    Amber is horrible.

What a cow.

Her and Lucy are the prettiest.....and the ugliest in there

Oh no. Amy appears to need the services of the pharmacist for she too has developed a nasty upper lip reaction to something... Er... EpiPen anyone?

I'm not just a big boxer kinda guy.........I like crying....ok

Now on sale by Fisher Price... 'My First Conversation'

Bonus mode 'just bounce off each other'
    Quiz mode 'where's your head at?'

I think I like Amy and Curtis together!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I'm not just a big boxer kinda guy.........I like crying....ok
    Tommy is quickly losing his appeal.