Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobra Kai - The Karate Kid - Youtube TV Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Hopefully the trailer will be out soon. Supposedly season 5 will have an 80's vibe to it. Looking forward to see how Chozen interacts with Johnny and Silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not watching as they tend to show too much, already know it's gonna be 110% ass kicking awesome.

I'd like to see chozen go all out bad ass on Terry Silver and his crew, like a proper 80's martial arts movie. Challenging different dojos. Remember Kreese in Kk1 nobody comes to Cobra Kai and leaves without dropping a challenge. All their affirmations, defeat,fear, pain etc does not exist in this Dojo.... Silver attacking Johnny in the Dojo. All the pain dished out over the years etc I'd say Daniel and Johnny will fill in Chozen on the Cobra Kai mantras and Chozen will get revenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭WillmaDickfit

Mike Barnes will turn out to be either Miguel or Torys Dad, maybe both!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Watched it all. Thought was excellent. I just watched it too quick

• Registered Users Posts: 33,231 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished it earlier. Thought it was great, but it's risking diminishing returns. The teen stuff is still fairly poor with bland actors (aside from Miguel and Tori). Some story parts went nowhere.

But it's still a pretty fun watch. Chozen turned out to be a great addition. Silver getting to be full-on villain this season was great. And the show really shines when the focus is on Johnny, who continues to just be a phenomenal character.

Chozen: Daniel and I fought to the death.

Johnny: Are you a ghost?

Fair to say it has jumped right into the absolutely unbelievable a long time ago now lol. Still though, great karate choreography and a great twist right at the end. I loved Silver's character and hope he still has a role to play if they do another season. He has such brilliant onscreen presence. I thought this season might wrap it up tbh. its running on fumes a bit now. They surely cant go beyond s6? Although id have said that with S5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

Couple of episodes in, pretty ok, more of a slow burner series that the previous, building up the stakes as it goes.

Had to laugh when this happened....

• Advertisement

Finished it last night, it got really good as it went, the slow build at the start paid off.

The final episode was by far the best in the entire series, never relented from minute 1 and some brilliant fight scenes

I felt this series was better for concentrating a bit more on the adults, with the overall theme of redemption, from old enemies to Tori and the other Cobra Kai kids.

Peak nostalgia to see the 3 "ghosts of Daniels past" from the movies teaming up.

I have to admit, I didn't see the Kreese twist at the end, though he was done for at the beginning of the final episode.

No way that'll be the last series, but hard to know what the plot could be besides the international tournament and what happened at the end.

Yer wan Kim will probably take over the Cobra kai dojos but hard to see where they get new students from, and they would surely be banned from the tournament.

I'd say they could possibly train in Okinawa, or Chozen will stay for a longer stint in the valley.

It's was funny how Chozen was pissed and still overwhelmed Silver.

Imagine if he was sober, although the Cobra Kai philosophy of man can't see, man can't fight was his mistake. Took his eye off silver and got slashed in the back.

I still consider Chozen better than silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,290 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Swank asked about Cobra Kai today while promoting her new TV show.

“I was told that I’m supposed to only keep it to Alaska Daily, so I guess that question is for another time,” she told Deadline with a laugh.

I'd say she will do a guest spot before it finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,231 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I see Kim (the asian woman with the braid) taking over Cobra Kai, and Hilary Swank gets called in to fight her.

Sony have announced a new Karate Kid movie to be released in 2024

No cast or director announced so no idea if it a continuation to *Jaden Smiths or a reboot altogether or a continaution from Cobra Kai.

*Will Smith's production compnay own the rights to The Karate Kid franchise.

I wonder so will next season be the last one with a build up to the tournament and the conclusion in that movie?

That would be a great way to finish it off with an epic cinema experience swan song. I'm absolutely loving the series and have the finale to watch tonight but don't know how many seasons it has left.

Well goddamn what an epic episode! Great twists, great fights, great nostalgia, Stingray throwing the smackdown and Tyron Woodley got fucked up!

Give me season 6!!

The film isn't a Cobra Kai continuation.

I highly doubt it's a Jaden Smith sequel so it looks like another new reboot.

Ugh that sucks, basically making it off the success of Cobra Kai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished the season.

Was worried at the start that we would have a lot in Mexico so glad that wrapped up quickly. Thought his dad would follow. May happen next season.

Cool seeing Robyn Lively returning.

As usual, the fights were really well done.

So are we done with all the misunderstandings and conflicts?

Maybe I said it last season but I noticed the name of the one playing Devon is Oona O'Brien. Irish father?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

They couldn't replicate the original, it's a master piece. And the Cobra Kai series is top notch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just finished the season and thought it was a great season - can't decide if it was the best with the really bad foe, lots going on in it compared to the past few seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Look up Mr Miyagi's Wikipedia page. Now there's a back story worthy of a Netflix series!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’m really enjoying the series.

I’m halfway through season 2.

It silly though though that practically all the teenagers who come into the story end up learning karate. I know that is what the the show is about but it doesn’t need that many background Karate students. I wouldn’t be surprised if the chief mean girl from season one ends up as a student of Kreese or Daniel. It is like the Arrowverse shows where everyone was a supervillain or superhero.

I’m hoping that there will be moments of Samantha and Amanda reminiscing about Mr. Miyagi.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,080 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Elisabeth Shue needs to be in final season she's purty

Table readings have started so filming is just around the cornor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I was about to post that I'd "just started" re-watching Cobra Kai, but then realized I was 8 episodes into Season 2 already. It's very hard to pick favourite episodes, but I must admit I love this one.

The conversation between Daniel and his mother is one of the most touching moments of the entire show. The 80s (Pretty In Pink) references are fantastic. Flawless use of music, including tunes that also turned up in GTA: Vice City and Deadpool.

Season 2, episode 6 is another essential watch. The incredible continuity with Johnny's childhood friends and the closing of Tommy's story arch. I love how this show brings moments of real pathos and passion to break up the action and comedy, while still showing believable character development.

Advertisement