Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TG US ends

Options
  • 27-06-2016 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭

From reddit

TG US has come to an end on History.

Which i think is a bit of a shame, the show really was getting into its stride

https://m.imgur.com/a/LNwoY#

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Never seen it, but going by the fact that Top Gear has now got UK/US presenters I think it was inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

i liked it, was kinda like old TG, they were competitive and messing with each other during tasks etc. People are so fixed on old TG UK they wont give any other show a chance, its good when you watch a good few episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

It really got its rhythm by the third series, and they did some more American challenges

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It really came into it's own. Was a decent car show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's returning as Top Gear America, and will be hosted by actor William Fichtner, drag racer Antron Brown and auto journalist Tom “Wookie” Ford.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

bnt wrote: »
    It's returning as Top Gear America, and will be hosted by actor William Fichtner, drag racer Antron Brown and auto journalist Tom “Wookie” Ford.
    Not taking any risks with that line up. It's like a mirror image of the UK cast. I think now that Clarkson and co are gone top gear could become a very bland and by the numbers franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Rutledge, Tanner and Adam (Outgoing hosts) could be coming back with they're own show:

http://jalopnik.com/the-old-top-gear-usa-guys-might-be-back-on-tv-soon-afte-1793551282?rev=1490274604512&utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_twitter&utm_source=jalopnik_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Once they ditched just trying to copy Top Gear UK the show improved vastly and I for one really liked it. They really gelled as hosts after a while and some of the locations they went to were just amazing.
    Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Advertisement