Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

07-12-2018, 15:41   #76
Kimbot
Flaming Ban Hammer Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Santa Claus, AMA View Post
If you have to ask Kimbot, I think you already know the answer.
Yessss...... my record is intact. I shall thank you now for my lump of coal
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-12-2018, 09:16   #77
Burts Bee

My daughter, Rebekah, would like to know how do your elves make everything so quickly? Thank you!
10-12-2018, 16:16   #78
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burts Bee View Post
My daughter, Rebekah, would like to know how do your elves make everything so quickly? Thank you!
Hi Burts Bee and Rebekah,
Sorry about the delay, we've been very busy over the weekend! The elves are really such fast workers (it's almost like magic ) and there are lots and lots and lots of elves here in the North Pole.

They make toys all year round because we know that every year some children will ask for maybe a bike or roller blades or skates or a football or a Barbie or Lego, etc. so the elves make those first. Then when it gets closer to Christmas and the girls and boys send their letter to me, the elves have some of the toys made already. They are very clever!

Of course if lots and lots of children want the same "new" toy that wasn't around last year, we might have a last minute scramble to get them all ready but we always do!

Thanks for your question Rebekah, happy Christmas!
Thanks from:
10-12-2018, 17:40   #79
DeVore
The monster's daddy!

Given that you control opt-out only lists of private personal behaviour on everyone... has GDPR been an issue for you?
Thanks from:
10-12-2018, 17:47   #80
Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Princess Consuela Bananahammock's Avatar

There's a thread in AH (After Hours - angry white guys mostly) saying you only give nice toys to rich kids and cheap ones to not-so-rich kids. Is this true?! If so, why; and if not, what do you say to the people who condone this?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-12-2018, 14:26   #81
misstearheus

Santa if you had to change your clothing main colour to something else other than red what colour would you pick and why?

PS: Aw thanks for the love! I am feeling all warm and fuzzy now!
Thanks from:
11-12-2018, 17:19   #82
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVore View Post
Given that you control opt-out only lists of private personal behaviour on everyone... has GDPR been an issue for you?
Getting GDPR-ready has been...interesting. I mentioned earlier how we handle the children's letters, ultimately they are transformed into glitter to be used in one of next year's toys. The list is more tricky but we hold the list for the purpose of distributing gifts to all of the children on the nice list. The Data Protection Elf seemed confident that this was a good enough reason for the Naughty and Nice lists!

Happy Christmas, DeVore!

Last edited by I'm Santa Claus, AMA; 11-12-2018 at 17:23.
Thanks from:
11-12-2018, 17:23   #83
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Consuela Bananahammock View Post
There's a thread in AH (After Hours - angry white guys mostly) saying you only give nice toys to rich kids and cheap ones to not-so-rich kids. Is this true?! If so, why; and if not, what do you say to the people who condone this?
Oh dear, since when are 'cheap' and 'nice' not compatible? Often younger children will enjoy playing with the cheapest part of their gift - the box it came in!

Sometimes we need parents to help us out with the cost of materials to make the toys...it's a lot of toys and the North Pole has a lot of overheads, as I explained to bubblypop earlier. Some parents give a bigger contribution and sometimes that makes a difference to the number of toys the children get. We do our best to make sure all of the boys and girls get exactly what they asked for. I hope that answers your question, happy Christmas to you!
11-12-2018, 17:24   #84
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstearheus View Post
Santa if you had to change your clothing main colour to something else other than red what colour would you pick and why?

PS: Aw thanks for the love! I am feeling all warm and fuzzy now!
Oh my! How lovely that would be to try a new colour one Christmas. I think I'd go with blue, that's my second favourite colour after red.

And you are very welcome, misstearheus
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-12-2018, 19:11   #85
Sinus pain

Thanks Santa for all the wonderful memories I have from my childhood. We didn’t have a lot but you really spoiled us at Christmas and myself and my brothers and sisters would be sick with excitement trying to spot you in the sky on Christmas Eve. I hope my children remember Christmas the way I do x
(3) thanks from:
12-12-2018, 14:14   #86
what the heck

Dear Santa,
My seven year old daughter is hoping you could bring her a really fluffy red panda robot this year. An odd one, I know... she has been very good this year...

What do you think the chances are? Do I need to dampen expectations even more than they have been so far?
12-12-2018, 16:29   #87
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinus pain View Post
Thanks Santa for all the wonderful memories I have from my childhood. We didn’t have a lot but you really spoiled us at Christmas and myself and my brothers and sisters would be sick with excitement trying to spot you in the sky on Christmas Eve. I hope my children remember Christmas the way I do x
That is wonderful to read, Sinus pain, I wish you and your children a very happy Christmas!
12-12-2018, 16:35   #88
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by what the heck View Post
Dear Santa,
My seven year old daughter is hoping you could bring her a really fluffy red panda robot this year. An odd one, I know... she has been very good this year...

What do you think the chances are? Do I need to dampen expectations even more than they have been so far?
Dear what the heck,
An apt username. A really fluffy, red, panda robot. Well now. That one has me stumped. I'll have to ask the elves about that one, I don't think we've ever gotten such a request before! Those red pandas are very cute, I believe they have some of them in Dublin Zoo (you can even adopt one). They are the real thing now, not the robot version, ho ho ho!

I'm afraid I think the chances of the elves designing and making a fluffy red panda robot might be slim but I will pass on the request and see what magic they can do!

Happy Christmas to you and your daughter, what the heck.
(2) thanks from:
13-12-2018, 10:31   #89
SteHam

Is it frustrating only being able to empty that big sack once a year?
13-12-2018, 11:15   #90
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteHam View Post
Is it frustrating only being able to empty that big sack once a year?
Hi SteHam,
Happy Christmas to you and your family, I hope you are not doing anything to get on the naughty list at this late stage!

Once per year is more than enough SteHam, it's a tough and long night's work but always worth it for the happiness that it brings
(2) thanks from:
Thread Closed