Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kits to take a paw print from a dog

Options
  • 04-12-2020 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

My dog is likely to be put to sleep tomorrow after a sudden and shocking illness. She's only 6. I was wondering to Petmania or Maxizoo sell any kits that would enable me to take an impression of her pawprint?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

My dog is likely to be put to sleep tomorrow after a sudden and shocking illness. She's only 6. I was wondering to Petmania or Maxizoo sell any kits that would enable me to take an impression of her pawprint?

God im so so sorry to read this OP

Sorry to ask but if your going for cremation they can do it for you? Call your vet and ask x

http://www.petcrematoriumireland.com/products/miscellaneous/paw_print_impressions_kit.php

So sorry OP - how horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Sorry about your dog OP - my girl will be gone a year on Stephen’s Day and she was only 6 too :( My vets took paw prints - a week or so after she died I got a lovely card from them with the paw prints inside. I’d suggest taking some of your dogs fur in case you’d like to get a keepsake at some stage too?

Look after yourself :( You are doing the right thing as hard as it feels right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

tk123 wrote: »
    Sorry about your dog OP - my girl will be gone a year on Stephen’s Day and she was only 6 too :( My vets took paw prints - a week or so after she died I got a lovely card from them with the paw prints inside. I’d suggest taking some of your dogs fur in case you’d like to get a keepsake at some stage too?

Look after yourself :( You are doing the right thing as hard as it feels right now.

That was very sweet of your vet. I just want something to remember her by. i expected years and years more with her.

That was very sweet of your vet. I just want something to remember her by. i expected years and years more with her.

:( Ah I know exactly how you feel. We’re all a bit meh about Christmas and not sure what we think after last year. And all still miss her so much :( It’s very hard
    I send fur off last week to have a bead made and getting one with my other dogs fur while I’m at at. I couldn’t bring myself to cut fur from her at the time - I ended up plucking hair from her fleece coat to make up a little bag.

tk123 wrote: »
    :( Ah I know exactly how you feel. We’re all a bit meh about Christmas and not sure what we think after last year. And all still miss her so much :( It’s very hard
    I send fur off last week to have a bead made and getting one with my other dogs fur while I’m at at. I couldn’t bring myself to cut fur from her at the time - I ended up plucking hair from her fleece coat to make up a little bag.

Every scrap of them becomes precious when they go away doesn't it?

when you say bead, do you mean like one for bracelets like Pandora please?

• Advertisement

Every scrap of them becomes precious when they go away doesn't it?

when you say bead, do you mean like one for bracelets like Pandora please?

Yes - if you take a look on Etsy there’s loads of sellers and different prices. The ones I’m getting are like this- https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/695724792/hair-keepsake-bead-memorial-european

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Ah god IrishPhoenix, that's just so terribly sad. So sorry :(
    It's hard to be thinking about this ahead of time, but, if you had planned on an individual cremation, certainly Pawprints Crematorium in Trim make a pawprint cast for you as part of their service. I'd assume the other crematoriums in Ireland would do the same.
    Sorry again op, thoughts are with you for what's ahead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

sorry for your loss, as a suggestion you could look at baby hand/foot print kits (probably easier to find than dog paw printing kits)

sorry for your loss, as a suggestion you could look at baby hand/foot print kits (probably easier to find than dog paw printing kits)

Thank you. didn't even think of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Its awful to loose your dog, but when they're only 6 its even worse.
    For my dogs, Ive had their portrait painted - nice to have hanging on your wall - I put their collars hanging off the corner of the frame too. They wore their leather collars all their lives - a very big part of their person (Let me know if you want a link to the woman who painted mine - they're fabulous, and not expensive)

• Advertisement

aonb wrote: »
    Its awful to loose your dog, but when they're only 6 its even worse.
    For my dogs, Ive had their portrait painted - nice to have hanging on your wall - I put their collars hanging off the corner of the frame too. They wore their leather collars all their lives - a very big part of their person (Let me know if you want a link to the woman who painted mine - they're fabulous, and not expensive)

Thank you. I'd love to get the link.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

aonb, would you be happy to post the link? I'm sure there are others who would be interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

I got this lady to do a portrait of my Cody a few years back - an old painting, she did a fabulous job.

I also got some Christmas baubles with him on it too

https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPawtraitsx/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Op I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Our kitty is gone just over 3 weeks now and I'm still heartbroken. The crematorium took a mold of her paw for us which seems to be a common enough service. Your vet should be able to let you know what sort of options you have.

I also got this frame off etsy to hold her collar and a little picture of her. It can also hold some ashes if you want.
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/516462927/personalised-pet-memorial-frame-photo?ref=shop_home_feat_3

Advertisement