Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Australia have a problem with meth?

Options
  • 30-08-2020 7:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

I got to know of this when I first started watching the show Nothing to Declare/Border Security: Australia's Front Line on TV. A few Oz friends have also said it's a big thing there

It seems that no matter how much they crack down at the airports, seaports, and through the mail, it seems to be an ever growing problem. I guess that's just an example of confirmation bias. They probably only show a tiny number of cases where things get confiscated. Common sense would tell you that you don't see the cases where they don't find drugs on people, in parcels, or on boats, and that's probably most of the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Yes it does. I lived over there for a long time and in the mid 2000's ice as they call it there became a big problem. I know a few people who went mad on it over there. It's mad stuff and stay away from it. I've taken most stuff back in my younger days but that **** is to be avoided completely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Yes it does. I lived over there for a long time and in the mid 2000's ice as they call it there became a big problem. I know a few people who went mad on it over there. It's mad stuff and stay away from it. I've taken most stuff back in my younger days but that **** is to be avoided completely.

In what sense did they go mad? I imagine it was stimulant induced psychosis as methamphetamine is a very potent stimulant.

There was a woman in the U.S. (North Carolina) who gouged her own eyes out after taking meth and not sleeping for days on end.

link here

Advertisement