Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

800W Generator 3 year warranty €74.99 from 6th at Aldi

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

In my experience, these generally have a very unstable power output so are really only of use to run simple motors and heating coils (e.g. kettles and old fashioned lightbulbs). I'd suspect the 12V DC output would be more stable than the 220V AC due to the rectifier/switch mode transformer involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

I got one of those many years ago to power a 500W flood light, perfect for it.

It wont boil a kettle or anything like that as its also probably limited to 500-600W continuous with 800W peak, but perfect for the rare power cut to plug a few lights into - just make sure you buy some extra long power leads.

But if you are thinking caravaning - perfect.

Advertisement