Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

htc one m8

• 30-06-2014 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Eglobal central have a htc one for under 500e. Is this site legit, has anyone dealt with them before. Is there any other places to buy for cheaper than phone shops. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

They are mentioned in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91028312

The short answer is that i wouldnt order from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

I just ordered an ASUS RT-AC68U wifi router from them last week. Initially I was sceptical as on the order it showed up as being EGlobal.eu (Europe). WHen I contacted them to query if my item would be coming from their EU office (according to their website they have a European location) or from Hong Kong they stated that all items were shipped from Hong Kong.

I told them that I was not happy as I would have to pay customs charges on the item. They told me that any extra fees would be refunded by them and that customers only pay what is advertised on their site ...

"With regard to your query, we would like to confirm that orders placed on our site, are shipped out from our Hong Kong Warehouse as we are a Hong Kong Based company.

We ship our orders with special logistics arrangement and therefore all you will need to pay is the prices on website, no VAT, import fees nor hidden charges involved for the customer on any order. Any VAT or customs duties incurred will be settle by eGlobaL. The price you see on the website is the final price you pay for the product.

And your order is packed and ready to be shipped to you by tomorrow"

I decided to proceed with the purchase and received my item by DHL 2 days after shipping (5 days after ordering on a Saturday evening)

Whether or not I would have been successful obtaining a refund from them had the item been stopped by customs is another thing but all in all I had a positive experience using them.

***EDIT***
    Just reading on the link that was posted above the following ...

Excerpt from their Terms and Conditions.

16. Import, VAT & Customs

16.1 By purchasing any goods through eglobalcentral.eu, you agree to accept and comply with any responsibilities incurred in the process of importing your purchase to your country in accordance with all laws and regulations of the country which your purchase of goods are received. You also, agree and authorize eglobalcentral.eu to ship your purchases and make arrangements for customs clearance on your behalf for the purchase you have made, as well as agree that you are the sole importer for your purchase of goods for all purpose and egobalcentral.eu role is only limited in sourcing your purchase from other countries and making your purchased goods available on the site for you to purchase and import to your country where goods are received. Under no circumstances will eglobaldigitalstore.co.uk plays the role of importer of the purchased goods nor will eglobaldigitalstore.co.uk be liable and responsible to any liabilities arising under the laws and regulations, including but not limited to customs regulations, custom holds/detentions/seizures of purchased goods, copyright and trademark laws, of the country that goods are received for the import of such goods.

16.2 When ordering goods from eglobalcentral.eu, import duties and tax are applicable on overseas deliveries, which are levied once the package of purchased goods reached specified destination. The import duties and taxes levied on the invoiced order, as well as courier’s custom handling fee and any indirectly related tax and duties arise from custom policies are responsibility of the buyer/recipient, eglobalcentral.eu has no control over these import duties or taxes. Any additional charges for custom clearance must be borne by you.

This may have been a stumbling block had I applied for any refund but as I said already I didn't have to pay any extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Feck that. Hold out for the Htc One E8. Should be around €300.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/11/htc-one-e8-hands-on/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Eglobal central have a htc one for under 500e. Is this site legit, has anyone dealt with them before. Is there any other places to buy for cheaper than phone shops. Thanks

I have this phone and wouldn't recommend it. Its way too big, slips too easily out of the pocket, you need huge hands to text one handed. Headphone socket on the bottom sucks majorily.
    I haven't dropped it and the screen cracked within the week and now the camera is cracked

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DC403l

I take it by "special logistics arrangement" they just mean not providing any sort of customs declaration. When I received my package from them, there was no sort of invoice in the package nor any sort of customs label on the outside of the shipping material. Other people on this site have been stung by customs who ordered off this website. It's just the luck of the draw.

Paypal wont' entertain any sort of dispute as they always say that customs is the buyers responsibility

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

I had read a bit about the company and thought they were reliable no?

For me the m8 ir the g3 are the 2 best phones right now

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

When is the release date for e8

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DC403l

Dr Nic wrote: »
    I had read a bit about the company and thought they were reliable no?

For me the m8 ir the g3 are the 2 best phones right now

No.

Advertisement