Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curver 50 Litre Metal Effect Pedal Deco Bin - £25.99

Options
  • 18-06-2014 7:08pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

31amPuuFXUL._SY300_.jpg
    Buy @ Amazon.co.uk - £25.99 free delivery

The reviews are quite good, and looks better than it seems in the picture.

Reviews
    Neat and light bin; holds copious amounts - Great size and actually looks good/better in real-life
    Neat and light bin; holds copious amounts and one cannot tell any difference from my heavy previous 50L stainless steel bin (of a well-known make!) - unless you picked it up. Standard supermarket Bin liner sits and holds well in place. Foot-pedal operation smoothly opens and closes quietly and firmly.
    Published 4 months ago by ruth v smith
    Premium 'metal look' effect pedal bin
    No fingerprints, no dents, no rust, easy to clean
    Pedal bin with a generous 50 litre capacity. Available in silver,
    Includes innovative bin bag holder system
    Product dimensions: 39 (w) x 29 (l) x 73cm (h)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Does anyone remember the last bin we queued up to buy from amazon?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

yellow hen wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the last bin we queued up to buy from amazon?!

I think it was this one.

http://amzn.to/1vUmkKw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Cheers Davy, bought. I think we'll be ok with this one, estimated despatch time aside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I have it already (bought after the last BA bin debacle :o) and it's grand. As it's plastic it's not a chrome mirrored finish but has more of a brushed stainless steel effect, which may make all the difference to some people, who knows. No complaints :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

delivery is 10 pounds.

edit: looking at it on phone, didnt see free delivery option

• Advertisement

I gave up after the last bin debacle and went to argos and bought a smaller simpler bin for €20. Doing a grand job so far :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how bad could a bin be that the act of purchasing it could be referred to as a debacle?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

The bin itself was/is one of the most awesome bins in the history of bins £27 instead of £130, and it was the fingerprint proof model which according to the above link adds a whopping £50 premium....

The debacle was that only a few lucky people that got in on the misprice early actually had their orders fulfilled. Dark days....

Dark days....
    awfully..

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Trancechick

Thanks OP, bin purchased.

• Advertisement

Grand job,

see excerpt from email received this morning.

We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

"Curver 50 Litre Metal Effect Pedal Deco Bin, Silver"
    Previous estimated arrival date: July 11 2014 - July 21 2014
    New estimated arrival date: June 28 2014 - June 30 2014

Arrived via courier this morning. Grand yoke for the price. Very nice touch is that although its plastic (so no dents over time), it has a very realistic brushed steel appearance. Easily mistaken for a far more expensive unit. Foot pedal mechanism seems very robust. All in all, seems like a decent purchase.

Look at me, getting all aroused by a poxy bin!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Same here, looks well tho not sure its worth more than what I paid. Does feel like it will last. Only bad thing is that there is no insert bin, its all one unit

TheDriver wrote: »
    Only bad thing is that there is no insert bin, its all one unit
    Suits us fine as there is always going to be a disposable liner in there anyway with drawstrings. Agreed on the price too. Good value, but not worth a hell of a lot more IMO and I definitely would not be paying the £50STG its currently up for. On the bright side, no more poxy hand marks on stainless steel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

71i-bUdMKxL._SY679_.jpg71Hbspoz7IL._SY679_.jpg71k51izxJFL._SY679_.jpg
    Buy now @ Amazon.co.uk - £24.00 Silver
    Red - £23.31
    Black £23.31

Premium 'metal look' effect touch top bin
    No fingerprints, no dents, no rust, easy to clean
    Functional 'one touch' press top lid action with a generous 40 litre capacity. Available in silver, red, black & ivory
    Includes innovate inner bag holder system, the functional semi circle design means it can sit flat against the wall
    Product dimensions: 34.9 (w) x 28.2 (l) x 68cm (h)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Red version is cheaper again.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Price increased on silver version @ £29.34 now.

Advertisement