Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg g2 back in groupon

Options
  • 26-06-2014 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Lg g2 is on groupon €299
    Is it a good buy? I have an iPhone 4s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Any phone is nearly better than the iphone 4s :D

but check this out
    http://versus.com/en/apple-iphone-4s-vs-lg-g2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Usually there's a catch with any stock Groupon have, any catch here?
    Eg. it being a US model where 4g won't work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Can't find anything in the description about bands - nothing on the company's website about the phone either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

another option is the nexus 5 . Very similar spec to lg l2.
    €305 from Amazon(spain). If there was a problem with the phone i'd rather deal with amazon than groupon.

donegal. wrote: »
    €305 from Amazon(spain). If there was a problem with the phone i'd rather deal with amazon than groupon.
    Same here, they are shysters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

donegal. wrote: »

They are very similar phones except with the LG having a much better battery and camera.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'd be interested to know the bands available on this exact model? Does anyone know?

Sent an email... waiting for a response.

48-72 hours response via email. No telephone number... hmmm. Think I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I bought the LG G2 last time it was up from these guys. Took about 4 working days to arrive.

Great phone, works in Ireland. Battery lasts ages, camera is solid, 4G ready. I love it. From my own experience and reviews, it's easily in the top 2 or 3 smartphones out now. 299 is an absolute bargain.

Couldn't tell you the bands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭framework123

Umaro wrote: »
    I bought the LG G2 last time it was up from these guys. Took about 4 working days to arrive.

Great phone, works in Ireland. Battery lasts ages, camera is solid, 4G ready. I love it. From my own experience and reviews, it's easily in the top 2 or 3 smartphones out now. 299 is an absolute bargain.

Couldn't tell you the bands.

Ya I agree got it last time on Groupon. .serious phone and massive bargain at that price I think and I've had a few smartphones including Apple..only thing is I'm not sure if 4G ready I don't see lte option in network? Maybe there's a work around for this not sure

Someone here had issues with 4G on it:
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057223985

Got a response just now:

We are sorry. We confess we dont know.
    Maybe you should ask LG?

Innovations International

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

:eek: Now that's how to run a business

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

At least they're honest.......

Serious Phone for the money, id almost buy a second one.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Similar response. "Technology WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM Band WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900."

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

The post on Groupon has been updated it now states its 4G.

Hot deal even with the g3 out.

I must say it's a terrific phone. Against the S5, I have to admit I would have gone the G2. Really lovely in the hand and rocker at the back is a really nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Seems to be gone off Groupon. I'm hoping a similarly discounted 32gb version appears.

• Advertisement

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Seems to be gone off Groupon. I'm hoping a similarly discounted 32gb version appears.

Unfortunately seems to be gone off Groupon but it's on Amazon for €350.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Its still available from here http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-innovations-international-9-279/40949720

Be quick though, it seems Groupon's website is balls and it doesn't show everything for sale.

Advertisement