Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Acts Picture Peehs (Part 1)

Options
  • 22-11-2020 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭

Welcome to Music Acts Picture Peehs with your host Reberetta. Sign-ups will be open for ten days or more.

Read the rules carefully and send your answers (numbered is fine) via PRIVATE MESSAGE to me once you have viewed the attachments at the end of this post and in post two.

What is PEEHS?

The goal of PEEHS is to give the least popular answer for each round - the one you think nobody else will submit. You get one point for each (correct) answer you submit, plus an additional point for every other player that submits the same answer. An incorrect answer scores 1.5 times the highest score.

The winner will be the person with the lowest score at the end of the game; if you've ever watched Pointless with Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman, then you'll know the drill.

Here's a quick example for any newbies who still may not be sure:
    e.g. 10 players are playing and are asked to name a colour.
    5 players say red - they each score five points
    3 players say yellow - they each score three points
    1 player says black - they score one point and should be very happy
    1 player says fish - they get 7.5 points and should probably read the question more carefully in future

The usual PEEHS rules apply:

NO GOOGLING: This is an honour-based game. You shall not use Google or any other illicit source for information. If you cheat, I will force you at gunpoint to dance Gangnam Style for the rest of your life.

SPELLINGS AREN'T IMPORTANT ...Once there's been a reasonable attempt made; however, any answer along the line of "yer man from that thing" will not be accepted! 

NO POSTING ANSWERS/CLUES ON THREAD.Please send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE with your answers.

ONE EXTRA SPECIAL RULE FOR MY PICTURE PEEHS: There is one, only one, music act amongst the 80 images who, if chosen by a player or players, will result in a bonus of minus 5 points (which is a good thing, newbies!). But who could it be? Take a risk and find out? Ooooooooh mystery! :cool:

This is part of a trilogy; stage one if you will of a sort of music picture peehs Tour de France; a winner will be crowned in part 1, but ultimately what you really want is to be the overall winner; part 2 image clues will be posted after the results of part 1 are revealed; with part 3 image clues following after part 2 results are revealed. It's important to enter all three parts to make it to the finishing podium and be the ultimate champion! But that's for later.

The order of the images in each round is completely random, so don't go looking for any patterns (alphabetical, chronological, etc) because you won't find any! 

Some images were slightly cropped by google and some are a bit small so you may have to utilise your zoom feature on your browser if you're having difficulty recognising your favourite band.

The ten rounds are below in attachments. I kindly request that no one post the images in the thread. If you can't view them let me know and perhaps I'll send you a private message with the images.

Note: If a solo artist who has been in a band is pictured but their band is not in the picture then I want their name (the name of the solo artist, not the band) and vice versa (the name of the band if the solo artist isn't alone).

Remember PRIVATE MESSAGE yours truly Reberetta with your answers and may the jammiest bastard most skilled savante of musical wisdom win!

Question 1.jpg

Question 2.jpg

Question 3.jpg

Question 4.jpg

Question 5.jpg

Questions 6-10 below in post two...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Questions 6-10:

Question 6.jpg

Question 7.jpg

Question 8.jpg

Question 9.jpg

Question 10.jpg

Remember PRIVATE MESSAGE yours truly Reberetta with your answers and may the jammiest bastard most skilled savante of musical wisdom win!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

and sent!!!
    Surprisingly there were a lot that I didn't recognise, so some of my selections will end up being sheep instead of peehs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When is the deadline?

At the moment, deadline is December 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I'm reasonably happy that the answers I gave were correct. The question is: are they obscure enough for these discerning (?) music lovers? :)

Entrants so far:

Kolido
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Irish Aris
    Also Starring LeVar Burton
    Necro
    ShaneU
    Declan A. Walsh

11 players so far:

Kolido
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Irish Aris
    Necro
    ShaneU
    Declan A. Walsh
    Homer J. Fong
    Collie D
    the purple tin
    JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

There are so many i recognize but just can't put a name to their faces, looking forward to the reveal and finding out who everybody is

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sawduck wrote: »
    There are so many i recognize but just can't put a name to their faces, looking forward to the reveal and finding out who everybody is

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

In but some many familiar faces for which I cannot recall their names, I feel like this could be a disaster for me!

Paramore-gif-paramore-25141941-500-281.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Im going to give it a go, similar to others, i recognise but cant name. I can possibly even sing the song. Will do it on the laptop so i can see the images better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

vcXsucM.gif?noredirect
    I've entered.

Kolido
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Irish Aris
    Necro
    ShaneU
    Declan A. Walsh
    Homer J. Fong
    Collie D
    the purple tin
    JP Liz V1
    Sawduck
    mustang shelly

Just to note folks; no changing your answers once submitted.

Deadline extended to the 7th of December for this game.

tringle wrote: »
    Im going to give it a go, similar to others, i recognise but cant name. I can possibly even sing the song. Will do it on the laptop so i can see the images better.

Don't forget to enter Tringle! And other music fans out there too.

There might even be a prize on offer for the eventual overall winner if I'm feeling generous.:)

Kolido
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Irish Aris
    Necro
    ShaneU
    Declan A. Walsh
    Homer J. Fong
    Collie D
    the purple tin
    JP Liz V1
    Sawduck
    mustang shelly
    JohnGreenFan

Still time to enter folks.

Reberetta wrote: »

There might even be a prize on offer for the eventual overall winner if I'm feeling generous.:)

I’m definitely in. So many “on the tip of my tongue” faces in there.

22 of 80 images yet to be named, at least 8 of them big music acts. I think I should have left out a few of the more obscure ones to be fair; I vastly overestimated the musical knowledge of forum gamers. :p;)

Kolido
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Irish Aris
    Necro
    ShaneU
    Declan A. Walsh
    Homer J. Fong
    Collie D
    the purple tin
    JP Liz V1
    Sawduck
    mustang shelly
    JohnGreenFan
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Zaph

Still at least five days left to enter.

17 entrants now. Keep 'em coming!

Kolido
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Irish Aris
    Necro
    ShaneU
    Declan A. Walsh
    Homer J. Fong
    Collie D
    the purple tin
    JP Liz V1
    Sawduck
    mustang shelly
    JohnGreenFan
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Zaph
    Sheridan81

• Advertisement

Up to 19 players.

Kolido
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Irish Aris
    Necro
    ShaneU
    Declan A. Walsh
    Homer J. Fong
    Collie D
    the purple tin
    JP Liz V1
    Sawduck
    mustang shelly
    JohnGreenFan
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Zaph
    Sheridan81
    Rikand
    EEFGGFEDCCDEED

Sign-ups for this will close for definite on the 13th December.

Still around 20 images yet to be named.

A mundane and middling magnificent music prize will go to the overall winner, providing they have an Irish address. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

tenor.gif?itemid=15507863

I'm in :)

Up to 21 players. Around 15 images yet to be picked, including two massive acts!

Get your entry in to win a prize and make this a special merry Christmas for you and all your family! :cool:

Kolido
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Irish Aris
    Necro
    ShaneU
    Declan A. Walsh
    Homer J. Fong
    Collie D
    the purple tin
    JP Liz V1
    Sawduck
    mustang shelly
    JohnGreenFan
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Zaph
    Sheridan81
    Rikand
    EEFGGFEDCCDEED
    Electric Nitwit
    cee jay

Some stats:

Highest sheep: 9
    Aces: 9
    Highest Number of Images in One Set Unpicked: 3 (twice)
    Wrong guesses: ;)

Prize on offer for overall winner so get your entry in!

In at last!

There were a lot I didn't know tbh, so probably won't be winning any prizes here!!

bubblypop wrote: »
    There were a lot I didn't know tbh, so probably won't be winning any prizes here!!

It's part of a trilogy so you have to enter all three parts and finish at the top in the end to win. Hypothetically speaking, you could finish last in part 1 and still win, especially with bonus points on offer. :)

I sent you a PM.

I'm confident.

I'm confident.

But is it misplaced? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

I am in but totally un/confident.. not even sure I understand the rules. lol

Advertisement