Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new 417 working holiday visa

Options
  • 01-06-2020 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all
    I arrived in Sydney on 5th October 2019 on 417 whv. I'm just gone 33 years of age. Anyhow to cut a long story short after just 3 weeks in Sydney,I had to return home because my father got very ill. He spent 3 months in hospital. I had planned to return to Oz and do my 3 months regional work but between this and the Bush fires /coronavirus I am not gonna be able.
    So ya I'm just wondering is that the end of my Australian dream? or is there any chance that I would be able to apply and be granted a new visa giving the circumstances.
    Many thanks for any advice you may have
    DYLAN

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Hi all
    I arrived in Sydney on 5th October 2019 on 417 whv. I'm just gone 33 years of age. Anyhow to cut a long story short after just 3 weeks in Sydney,I had to return home because my father got very ill. He spent 3 months in hospital. I had planned to return to Oz and do my 3 months regional work but between this and the Bush fires /coronavirus I am not gonna be able.
    So ya I'm just wondering is that the end of my Australian dream? or is there any chance that I would be able to apply and be granted a new visa giving the circumstances.
    Many thanks for any advice you may have
    DYLAN

From the home affairs website:

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/frequently-asked-questions

"I had to leave Australia and I couldn’t complete my specified work due to COVID-19. My visa is likely to cease before I can come back to Australia. Can the validity be extended?

It is not possible to extend the validity your WHM visa. If you wish to return to Australia in the future, you will need to apply and meet the requirements for an appropriate visa. Depending on your circumstances, you may not meet the requirements for another WHM visa."

It's unlikely that you will be able to get another working holiday visa. Is a skilled visa a possibility for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dylandylan16

That seems pretty black and white so😔...no unfortunately a skilled Visa isnt an option for me either so it just looks like it's not meant to be for me in Oz😔.thanks a million for taking time and effort to reply,much appreciated 👍👍

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

That seems pretty black and white so😔...no unfortunately a skilled Visa isnt an option for me either so it just looks like it's not meant to be for me in Oz😔.thanks a million for taking time and effort to reply,much appreciated ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Australia tends to be fairly black and white when it comes to visas unfortunately.
    It might be worth your while getting in touch with immigration or a migration agent to check if there's a chance a second visa could be granted since you didn't stay very long on the first visa but I wouldn't pin all of your hopes on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dylandylan16

To be honest you have kinda put my mind at ease to be honest because I couldn't find any information so thanks a million for that. Also it might not be any harm like you said to contact immigration etc..thanks again

Advertisement