Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super annuation Covid 19

Options
  • 22-04-2020 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Discuss...

Has anyone who has since left australia withdrew their 10k if they are a citizen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

I'm not sure how it would go from offshore:

You must be qualify as:

-Currently unemployed
    -jobseeker payment
    -youth allowance for jobseekers (unless you are undertaking full-time study or are a new apprentice)
    -parenting payment (which includes the single and partnered payments) special benefit
    -farm household allowance.

On or after 1 January 2020 either
    -you were made redundant
    -your working hours were reduced by 20% or more (including to zero)
    -you were a sole trader and your business was suspended or there was a reduction in turnover of 20% or more.

It is possible I suppose, but there will be some hoops to jump through with separation certificates.

Lucky enough to land on Jobkeeper myself and am still onshore. (would not like to be stuck overseas with this going on)

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Super/In-detail/Withdrawing-and-using-your-super/COVID-19-early-release-of-super/

Advertisement