Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best transport route Clonmel to Dublin Airport

Options
  • 26-08-2019 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the best route? I presume it's the Kavanaghs painful 3.5 hours bus, but just wanted to ask if theres a better service around.

Comments

If you could get to Cashel,the Bus Eireann X8 takes 2 hours 30 mins to get to the airport according to its time table..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

If you could get to Cashel,the Bus Eireann X8 takes 2 hours 30 mins to get to the airport according to its time table..

Cheers, yeah I might do that. The kavanagh service is awful, their website says 3hrs 10mins to dublin airport, but the clown of a bus driver says arrah I'll do my best to get there within 3.5hrs. He also drives over the bumpy lights on the motorway constantly. My grandmother could drive better!!

Kavanaghs never again, they are stuck in the dark ages.

You could also get that bus in cahir...It comes from Cork,drops in Cahir,and then on to Cashel...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

You could also get that bus in cahir...It comes from Cork,drops in Cahir,and then on to Cashel...

Thanks. Sometimes I get the eireagle to limerick and it's great. Not sure why Kavanaghs are so bad in comparison. Driving buses is not exactly rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

lufties wrote: »
    Cheers, yeah I might do that. The kavanagh service is awful, their website says 3hrs 10mins to dublin airport, but the clown of a bus driver says arrah I'll do my best to get there within 3.5hrs. He also drives over the bumpy lights on the motorway constantly. My grandmother could drive better!!

Kavanaghs never again, they are stuck in the dark ages.

Used this service about 2 weeks ago, left Clonmel at 10am, in Dublin airport at 1.15, though it was an excellent service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 rapazirlandes

I used the Kavanagh's service last Tuesday morning. Only option for getting to Dublin Airport for an early flight from South Tipperary. Comfortable bus. Flight was at 6:30am, got the bus at 1:30am and was in Dublin Airport for 4.15. Slept the whole way.

Great service to have for early morning flights.

Advertisement