Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

sky box free view

Options
  • 07-01-2010 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi could any one help;; i want to get rid of sky but still use my sky box for the free to view channels, but i am wondering is there any way of getting rte, tv3 and t na g on the same box. times are hard and we really cant afford the monthly payment any more.. any suggestions thanks;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Luimneachbhoy

no way round it buy a cheap rte antenna and hook it up. maybe an indoor 1 will do. . make sure u set ur Sky box to default so u will get all de free channels ITV S bbC Etc Ch4 E4 . go to Sky News presss the red button when it goes multi screen remove ur old Sky card then press the Sky Button leave out de card press ur prog guide it should have reverted to British settiugs plenty of free channels . put em in your Favs and off u go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 elden

thanks for that, its most helpful:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You will still get alot of channels without subscription. Plus when you do get an aerial for the irish channels, you will then have the option of watching the aerial channels on one tv & the dish channels on another if you have a second tv connected to the sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

no way round it buy a cheap rte antenna and hook it up. maybe an indoor 1 will do. . make sure u set ur Sky box to default so u will get all de free channels ITV S bbC Etc Ch4 E4 . go to Sky News presss the red button when it goes multi screen remove ur old Sky card then press the Sky Button leave out de card press ur prog guide it should have reverted to British settiugs plenty of free channels . put em in your Favs and off u go.

You wont need to do that unless its an old Grundig box, simply remove the card and unplug the box and leave unplugged for two minutes to clear its memory...now plug it back in within any card and it will boot up with 101 as BBC1 instead of RTE etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 desertcelt

Hi Folks is this still the same, I have been able to add UTV with the different frequency numbers, is there any Frequency numbers i could add via adding more channels sections, many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bitent

Does the reset epg trick to UK version still work?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

bitent wrote: »
    Does the reset epg trick to UK version still work?.

You can buy a free to view ftv sky card on adverts for a few euro this will solve the problems and gives one or two more extra channels so is well worth the purchase

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Firing up a Saorview aerial is not expensive at all. That'll give you RTE etc.

Advertisement