Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laois - cure/stranglers/numan etc cover band

Options
  • 19-06-2020 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Bassist in Portlaoise with own gear and transport (and small rehearsal space) looking to get three others to start a early 80s vibe covers band.

I dont know if the term 'alternative nightclub' means anything to any of you, but it was the kind of place you would go and hear whats now classic tunes, but at the time they werent pop chart material and the general public wouldnt hear them on the radio.

Think Gary Numan, Psychedelic Furs, Cure, Bunnymen, The Damned - throw in a few earlier late 70s tunes to boot.

Those are the kinds of tunes I want to play - whenever the pubs reopen and if they ever want bands again (which give us time to put something together).

Any takers? I can't do main vocals but I often try backing. Drummer, keyboard and guitarist. I play bass primarily but I can play guitar well enough, and one finger keyboard. I can keep in time on drums, but I dont know how drummers play whole songs never mind whole sets.

Anyone up for it? Even up for the discussion, because if most of the band came from one of the surrounding counties and it was based there instead, I'll travel.

Prefarably post interest here rather than PM

Comments

Advertisement