Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent Caravan?

• 07-06-2020 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry this might be stupid question, my mate is getting the lend of a caravan and we wanted to join them, looked all over google and they only seem to have camper vans which are all booked up

Just wondering do companies rent caravans in Dublin area that you can then bring away for 7 days etc and then bring back? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Sorry this might be stupid question, my mate is getting the lend of a caravan and we wanted to join them, looked all over google and they only seem to have camper vans which are all booked up

Just wondering do companies rent caravans in Dublin area that you can then bring away for 7 days etc and then bring back? Thanks

I'd imagine the issue is you'd need a car with a towbar, which immediately limits the market for such a service. Also towing a caravan is more complex than driving a camper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

loyatemu wrote: »
    I'd imagine the issue is you'd need a car with a towbar, which immediately limits the market for such a service. Also towing a caravan is more complex than driving a camper.

I have SUV which will pull it.

Yes a campervan would be a lot easier but extremely expensive and a friend has a caravan and sayd it is better as you park it up and then can drive around to sites in the day. With campervan you have to pack the whole thing up.

Plan was to rent both and then see going forward what we might invest in. Caravan first as my mate has borrowed one:-) too many mates. It is his first time as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I have SUV which will pull it.

Yes a campervan would be a lot easier but extremely expensive and a friend has a caravan and sayd it is better as you park it up and then can drive around to sites in the day. With campervan you have to pack the whole thing up.

Plan was to rent both and then see going forward what we might invest in. Caravan first as my mate has borrowed one:-) too many mates. It is his first time as well.

SUV can only pull a certain weight for a caravan. You might also need to update your insurance and buy the new car mirrors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

SUV can only pull a certain weight for a caravan. You might also need to update your insurance and buy the new car mirrors.

1800kg is max weight which I think would covber most caravans based on my google searchs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,618 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I haven’t come across one company who will rent you a caravan and let you drive off with it. Maybe that has changed recently.

There is one based in north west I think that will rent you a caravan but they deliver it to the site and collect afterwards. And it’s only a few sites they cover.

• Advertisement
Advertisement