Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Black Friday Sale (inc PS Plus 12m for 45e)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Interestingly, I just topped up my Playstation Plus and in the small print at the bottom it mentions a recurring fee of €44.99 in 12 months time. Happy enough if it is 25% off again without me having to do anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just checked and it will be full price on next renewal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Skerries wrote:
    just checked and it will be full price on next renewal

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I know this may seem like a stupid question. But I had spiderman, played it, traded it in. I deleted it off my hard-drive to save space. Can I still download the DLC now? and play it? I see it's on offer in this sale.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

jface187 wrote: »
    I know this may seem like a stupid question. But I had spiderman, played it, traded it in. I deleted it off my hard-drive to save space. Can I still download the DLC now? and play it? I see it's on offer in this sale.

Thanks.

Nope, you need the disc or digital ownership of the base game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

cefh17 wrote: »

Link not working?

iggy wrote: »
    Link not working?

Try this maybe:
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playstation-plus-12-month-subscription-uk-2985-at-shopto-3338114

Site is getting hammered I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

cefh17 wrote: »

Will that work on irish accounts?

I had to use a VPN to set a new account on that Shopto site, then at the Paypal login screen turn off the VPN and pay. Came through there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Lads, another stupid question but if I buy the annual pack is it easy to cancel the monthly membership without impacting on any saved games etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

No.

Do not buy this unless you are aware that it is for use on a UK account and you are willing to set a UK account up to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Press Start have an Irish one for €48.99

Only a few quid more and no fooling around changing accounts..

https://www.press-start.com/en/search/?cat%5B%5D=28&only_available_in=1&sort_by=popularity&query=&available_in=IE&type%5B%5D=playstation

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Any rumours/speculation on console bundles, missed the spiderman one last year so hoping there's something good this go.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Press Start have an Irish one for €48.99

Only a few quid more and no fooling around changing accounts..

https://www.press-start.com/en/search/?cat%5B%5D=28&only_available_in=1&sort_by=popularity&query=&available_in=IE&type%5B%5D=playstation

Its cheaper at 45e on the official PS Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SSeanSS

Went for this 35 euro deal on shopto. Had to use Hola VPN to create account, will turn off itself for paypal. Also had to create a new playstation account with UK as country to redeem code so not for everybody if they don't want to change their accounts. Couldn't see any option to change country from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Anyone know if console bundles ever make their way to black Friday deals?

I normally have the Santa stuff sorted at this stage, but the two I have that still believe in the big man took their time deciding what they actually wanted.

I don't see much point buying one now, only to be potentially sick if I spotted one at a much lower rate fine Friday.

I normally have the Santa stuff sorted at this stage, but the two I have that still believe in the big man took their time deciding what they actually wanted.

I don't see much point buying one now, only to be potentially sick if I spotted one at a much lower rate fine Friday.

Worth looking at Warehouse if you're willing to chance it/explain the box is a bit dented cos Santa had to fit a lot of presents in the sleigh... I posted on another thread but the RDR PS4 pro bundle was £334 and the PS pro was £305. I managed to snag a like new RDR bundle for £234 after the 20% code was applied. One to think about maybe?

Deals due to launch tonight through a variety of retailers according to an American site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

GameStop are doing a Pro and RDR2 for €320 on Friday I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

fixXxer wrote: »
    GameStop are doing a Pro and RDR2 for €320 on Friday I believe.

Good deal but the games not really age appropriate.

Argos and Smyth's Toys have similar deals with FIFA and Fortnite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Smyths for a tenner €19 more have FIFA 20 as a bundle, if that helps.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

fixXxer wrote: »

I'm looking for this but with 2 controllers. Wonder will something pop up before Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

According to Pricespy......PS4 Pro 1tb down to €299 on Smyths.......

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

beertons wrote: »
    I'm looking for this but with 2 controllers. Wonder will something pop up before Friday.

I'm in a similar boat here...this is the best I have found so far

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1995750

Amazon pip it slightly at £249 which translates to €291 ish

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Part not available, when I click that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Is it still the case that you need to get the RDR Pro bundle to be sure of the newer model console that is quieter or are the unbundled ones going to be that model by now?

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    Is it still the case that you need to get the RDR Pro bundle to be sure of the newer model console that is quieter or are the unbundled ones going to be that model by now?

From my reading of the HUKD thread it seems the RDR one is the newer version

Advertisement