Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing course.

Options
  • 11-04-2017 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi There,

I'm currently studying Media Arts & technologies in DKIT, However I have been finding it hard to engage with the course as most of the modules (bar 1-2) feel like filler. I have been doing a little digging on other courses and came across Multimedia web development. Does anyone know what I can do to try a transfer to the course ? I have no problem with starting in first year again. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Kind regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

The careers dept can advise you on changing courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

My criticism of DKIT is the amount of filler they shove into a course at the expense of acquiring basic technical knowledge.

Having studied there a few times rather than elsewhere due to financial constraints, I'd probably recommend another college if you want to take your coursework seriously.

I feel the filler is just substandard. They'll call the class something like "Entrepreneurship for High Tech Startups", "Business for Media Arts students" and "Marketing in a Media Arts & technologies context", then send a business studies lecturer with powerpoints, working through several chapters of bordering-on-nonsense academic waffle from the prescribed text, dishing out time-sapping CAs (often group CAs), and setting exams that rely on hundreds of pages of rote learning.

Maybe it's a problem in other colleges and universities too and not specific to DKIT.

Advertisement