Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€2500 fine for private joke with daughter..

Options
  • 30-10-2014 5:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

A security alert was declared at Dublin Airport today following an incident on an Aer Lingus flight from Milan.

It is understood a passenger on the plane claimed he had Ebola after writing it on a coffee cup.

Gardaí say they are at the scene of a public order offence.

In a statement to RTÉ News, Aer Lingus said: "A security issue arose on flight EI 433 (Milan to Dublin.) As a precaution passengers and crew were temporarily held on board the aircraft at Dublin airport while the matter was investigated."

RTÉ News - Full Article

Now unlike our friend in Stansted the other day, this is a very different kettle of fish.

Claiming to have a highly transmittable disease that has the planet on alert at the moment in a confined space like an aircraft reveals a level of stupidity that is hard to match.

He should be taken to the isolated observation unit at the Mater hospital and held there for three weeks to assertain whether he is bullshítting or not.

Then if this proves to be the case (which I suspect it is), upon his discharge, he should have label placed on his back with the words 'I'M A GOBSHÍTE' written on it and be kicked up and down O'Connell Street Dublin for an hour on a busy Saturday afternoon..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

"A bollox! I said the steward was A Bollox for not giving me any more drink! Now put me down!!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Damn Starbucks Staff jokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Lapin wrote: »

Claiming to have a highly transmittable disease that has the planet on alert at the moment in a confined space like an aircraft reveals a level of stupidity that is hard to match.

He should be taken to the isolated observation unit at the Mater hospital and held there for three weeks to assertain whether he is bullshítting or not.

Then if this proves to be the case (which I suspect it is), upon his discharge, he should have label placed on his back with the words 'I'M A GOBSHÍTE' written on it and be kicked up and down O'Connell Street Dublin for an hour on a busy Saturday afternoon..

All they have to do is check, that he hasnt been to high risk countries and he is fine. There is no need for the tax payers to keep him in the mater for 3 weeks.

Although he sounds like he might be spending in the next 3 weeks in John of Gods, because he doesnt sound 100% in the mind to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Was the passenger Italian? Could have just been a miscommunication issue due to a poor standard of spoken & written English. Chances are he was just hungry & asking for a bowl o' soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sooooo.... not Kermit? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

hfallada wrote: »
    All they have to do is check, that he hasnt been to high risk countries and he is fine. There is no need for the tax payers to keep him in the mater for 3 weeks.

Damn right.

Send him the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

What an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Probably locked and acting the maggot. Nothing a solid kicking wouldn't sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

probably nothing that a liberal application of shoe leather won't cure

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

O'bola.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Cormac... wrote: »
    Sooooo.... not Kermit? :confused:

Wot?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭tritium

This is too serious to take chances with people...

Lots of invasive cavity testing during his three or more weeks in the mater isolation wing...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Muppet causes security alert in Dublin Airport.

Enda Kenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

He was probably wearing a poppy too the cnut!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I was in Melbourne airport once, behind a moron who thought it would be funny to say 'No just the bomb' to the security guy in response to the 'Any liquids, iPad?' question.

Panels in the walls opened and all these guys like SWAT came out and wrestled him to the ground. I hope the smack his head hit the ground with was enough to knock some sense into him.

There are some terrible fools in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

He was probably only asking for ebola cornflakes

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

He was probably only asking for ebola cornflakes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Reminds me of when I started work for a certain directory enquiry line here in Ireland.
    This was in 2004 and during the training, the HR manager talks about the use of the phone handsets. She showed us that the phones could dial-out but never to do that (as the company would get charged) and "never ever think about having a laugh and winding someone up" So she goes into an example of when the company had to fire someone.

Basically, a guy was taking directory calls one day and he decides to dial out. But rather than making a call to one of his friends or even just ringing the service to wind up another colleague (which I admit to doing myself :pac: ) ... No. He rings the reception of the building and states there is an explosive device planted. Que the evacuation of the building (which housed more than one business) and utter mess.

But it's what the HR manager says that always makes me laugh... "if the ejjit only used his mobile instead we wouldnt of been able to find out who made the call. I'll never know what dawned on him to use the company line" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

spurious wrote: »
    I was in Melbourne airport once, behind a moron who thought it would be funny to say 'No just the bomb' to the security guy in response to the 'Any liquids, iPad?' question.

Panels in the walls opened and all these guys like SWAT came out and wrestled him to the ground. I hope the smack his head hit the ground with was enough to knock some sense into him.

There are some terrible fools in the world.
    He was only one among a list of morons in that story tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jiminho

Claiming to have a highly transmittable disease that has the planet on alert at the moment in a confined space like an aircraft reveals a level of stupidity that is hard to match

Short of smearing poo on an open cut or gobsmacking an Ebola carrier, the odds of contracting it are quite low even if you are in a confined space. I think the world needs to calm down a little.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

spurious wrote: »

Botham?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

K4t wrote: »
    He was only one among a list of morons in that story tbh.

In fairness, what are the odds that someone would say that while being frisked in an airport, as a joke? You'd have to be profoundly stupid. So statistically speaking, he was as likely to mean it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Grade A Muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Everytime this happens ie an idiot disrupts a flight by acting the idiot, im of the same opinion,never let them fly again.ban them for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Why would you do that anyway, you have just ruined your Irish holiday and held everyone else up on the plane unnecessarily, what a prune.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Why would you do that anyway, you have just ruined your Irish holiday and held everyone else up on the plane unnecessarily, what a prune.

Yeah like what did the muppet think would happen, everyone laugh it off and think he was gas character.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Maybe he was coming back from holiday and just didn't want it to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

They were coming from Milan? Chances are they were just a couple of ten-pin bowling enthusiasts.

'EBOLA GREAT-A GAME!'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Still I'd like to know what the specific details are.

Like if it was a girl and her parents and they're drinking coffee etc and she writes I have a Ebola on a coffee cup and hands it to her dad and says "try this" and then when he does, laugh and point at the text and tell him he has now got Ebola, while certainly stupid, it wouldn't warrant in my view, the action taken by the authorities or the flight crew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Hes a gas man though

Advertisement