Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€200 to spend....

Options
  • 01-07-2008 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

So eh it's a mates 20th birthday next week and after we all clubbed together we came to the vast sum of €200(we're students after all)..No idea what to buy the chap though!
    Any suggestions?And no a stipper/brasser will not suffice as i dont think his ladyfriend would be very impressed

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

whats he into??

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MP3 player of some variety?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

A guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

When I was in college the lads bought me a radio controlled airplane. It was class we all got to use it on the football pitches etc. Got great use out of it (we probably looked like idiots with it but you can also try and hit nackers with it!).

• Registered Users Posts: 32 AnMoralltach

eh a bit of a lad really...into music but not playing and all kinda sports really....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Joe Cool

Scratch cards.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

An hour with a reasonably priced prostitute.

Remember to haggle, we are in a recession you know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Soccer jerseys?? Video games, albums. Mix and match and get stuff from different things that he is into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

http://www.greatdaysout.ie/mcp/Great_Outdoors.html

They have things like flying lessons, bungee jumping. Not sure if they do rally driving as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 AnMoralltach

thinking of something maybe a bit more outside the box than your average cds,football jersies etc!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A gimp suit. Perfect for all occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dshell

You should have a look at the website topgifts.ie if you looking for something a little different. It has lots of sport activities that people probably wouldn't get for themselves. I have given a few as presents and my friends were delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Dshell wrote: »
    You should have a look at the website topgifts.ie if you looking for something a little different. It has lots of sport activities that people probably wouldn't get for themselves. I have given a few as presents and my friends were delighted.

Do they have mid-priced hoors and beer?

No, no they dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

throw a party for him, some sort of bbq , lots of food and lots of drink and that means lots of whores , mostly fat though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/hovpod-acx-52/index.html

oh yes

... or, as discussed in another thread, Brian Cowen's lips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭StiffLitlemicky

Buy him a really expensive pedigree house cat, but before you give it to him tell him you got him some pussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

caoibhin wrote: »
    An hour with a reasonably priced prostitute.

Remember to haggle, we are in a recession you know.

LMAO

brilliant!

Get one similar to the euro saver menu in Mc Donalds:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

MIN2511 wrote: »
    LMAO

brilliant!

Get one similar to the euro saver menu in Mc Donalds:)

dont remeber seeing the prositute in those ads

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

If you want to get him something lots of people to do, any of the above suggestions will suffice. If it's OK for him to do something on his own then I second the suggestion for a flying lesson - did one once and it was AMAZING fun, was flying the plane for 50mins first time (with NFC Weston 01-6282930, www.nfc.ie). Excellent stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

A Tattoo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Any suggestions?And no a stipper/brasser will not suffice as i dont think his ladyfriend would be very impressed

Raise another 100 and get him two prostitute sessions.

He`s 20 ffs. The woman is clearly a succubus that you must save him from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

How about a Wii or DS?

Or give him the money in a suitcase, all in $1 bills (so it seems like more)... like in a gangster film

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Buy him a copy of playboy from the month and year he was born....

bet he's never had a swifty to Cindy Crawford..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Playboy-Magazine-July-1988-Playboy_W0QQitemZ120278766002QQihZ002QQcategoryZ280QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Spend the rest of the money on beer & food for the barbie and some resonably priced Jezebels as op suggested....:D

p.s
    I've all the copys of Playboy from 76, best pressies ever!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

An airsoft gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

a flying monkey??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Why don't you get him
    • Condoms:D
    • Alchohol
    • Prostitute:cool:
    • Mc Donald's
    Or all of the above

Advertisement