Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats on top of yours?

Options
  • 30-11-2019 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭

Whats on top of your tree?

We have angels at the moment.
    One is silver to go with a silver/blue theme.
    The other is gold and it goes with more of a traditional mitch matched tree.
    We did have a star in the past but we switched back.

Whats on top of yours? 49 votes

Star
    69% 34 votes
    Angel
    20% 10 votes
    Ribbon
    10% 5 votes
    Something else
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Star for me. It’s classy and simple. I find the angels/fairies can be a bit cheap looking and good ones are hard to come by.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Loughc wrote: »
    Star for me. It’s classy and simple. I find the angels/fairies can be a bit cheap looking and good ones are hard to come by.

I think the star is very popular here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Whats on top of your tree?

We have angels at the moment.
    One is silver to go with a silver/blue theme.
    The other is gold and it goes with more of a traditional mitch matched tree.
    We did have a star in the past but we switched back.

Angel. Was a hand me down from my folks so is pretty old, vintage looking. Elf 1 get to put it on, has done it for the last couple of years and will continue to do hopefully for many years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Stars on both of ours.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Angel here too , had her years , slightly battered but still sits pride of place on the top :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Box of decorations up in the attic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I have both. It depends on whatever one I see first. And it doesn’t go up until Christmas Eve. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

We have a vintage style blown glass spire on top of ours that we brought back in hand luggage from German markets a few years back. I love it. It’s quite like this:

il_794xN.1121607197_4y3p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

We have a star on the main tree and an angel on the kitchen tree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Made a felt star with beads when in 5th class. Is meant for putting a little treat in originally, but has become our star. Survived a house fire, is over 30 years old and looks brand new. Magic star

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

TRS30 wrote: »
    Angel. Was a hand me down from my folks so is pretty old, vintage looking. Elf 1 get to put it on, has done it for the last couple of years and will continue to do hopefully for many years to come.

Likewise. Our angel is over 80 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I had a Robin red breast on top of mine last year. Not sure what I'll put on top this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I have a little snowman on top

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

We have a vintage style blown glass spire on top of ours that we brought back in hand luggage from German markets a few years back. I love it. It’s quite like this:

B&C, we have had since forever one of those spire toppers, too !
    Love it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Newbridge Silver Star. Got it as a gift years ago and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We've a star here too on both!

We had one of those red spires for years in my home house. Can't say that I noticed it this year on the tree, must ask my Dad where it went to

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Star

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Both of our trees have stars (it is built in on the fibre optic one), and my parents have stars on theirs too. I think we may have had an angel on our tree when I was a child though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Star made out of a cornflakes box and tinfoil.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

We have a gold angel that has seen better days. OH has an heirloom one from his gran or great aunt but our artificial tree is not strong enough to hold her up so she'll have to wait until we get a bigger tree sometime :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Had an angel, but then I got a gift of the Newbridge star in 2011 or thereabouts, so since then the star goes on the tree and the angel goes on top of the bookcase

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thanks for reminding me; it will be a hand made crochet angel.... and lower down a hand made bell with a real jingle therein.

Advertisement