Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game changing features on mobiles

Options
  • 16-01-2021 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

With new model mobile phones only now offering a slightly better camera or battery there is no real incentive to change anymore,well for me anyway, unless you break your phone or ir just stops working.

My questions is what would be your " Shut up and take my money" feature on a new phone?..one that would make you shell out your hard earned cash for

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

With new model mobile phones only now offering a slightly better camera or battery there is no real incentive to change anymore,well for me anyway, unless you break your phone or ir just stops working.

My questions is what would be your " Shut up and take my money" feature on a new phone?..one that would make you shell out your hard earned cash for

Simple stuff like proper working face and fingerprint recognition. Got a middle spec Samsung few months back and those features just don't work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

A headphone jack is my fav feature on a phone followed by a long lasting battery! The rest I could give or take, however a camera that works well in the dark is nice. More than happy to keep a phone for a few years once the battery lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

TheDriver wrote: »
    Simple stuff like proper working face and fingerprint recognition. Got a middle spec Samsung few months back and those features just don't work well.

Work superbly on the Huawei, great battery life aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

I'd buy a new iPhone that takes a USB-C charger so it's not the single item in my home that needs a different cable to everything else.

Aside from that, the recent iterations of iPhone are basically perfect. My XS is as good as the day I bought it and feels like it could last for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

I think that's it..its plateaued at this stage..people seem happy enough if the battery lasts a 16 hr day and it performs well.
    These folding screens now..could never see me saying." Damn I need a folding screen at all costs!"
    I think teens and early 20's will always want the latest whatever but the people with more disposable income are just happy with a device that performs!
    Is a projector built in a step to far??

• Advertisement
Advertisement