Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€16 delivered - USB C hub, with Ethernet, USB-C to HDMI, Power Delivery 100w

Options
  • 14-01-2021 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭

Was looking for a cheap USB C Hub. Most around the £35 to £45 mark.

This one is the cheapest I found by far.

USB C hub, 8 in 1 Type C Hub Adapter with RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Port, USB-C to HDMI 4K, 3 USB 3.0 Ports, TF/SD Card Reader, Power Delivery Port up to 100w.

£17.35, but comes out at £14.46 with Irish address.
    And because of cost no VAT issues.

So £14.46 (approx €16.20) delivered.

Some mixed reviews, but worth a punt imo at this price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H6CT1JQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Was looking for a cheap USB C Hub. Most around the £35 to £45 mark.

This one is the cheapest I found by far.

USB C hub, 8 in 1 Type C Hub Adapter with RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Port, USB-C to HDMI 4K, 3 USB 3.0 Ports, TF/SD Card Reader, Power Delivery Port up to 100w.

£17.35, but comes out at £14.46 with Irish address.
    And because of cost no VAT issues.

So £14.46 (approx €16.20) delivered.

Some mixed reviews, but worth a punt imo at this price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H6CT1JQ

Additional €6.73 delivery and €4.83 import deposit for me.
    Pity, was going to try this with my new Chromecast/Google TV
    Are u getting free Prime delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,311 ✭✭✭✭ted1

theShire wrote: »

Because you don’t have prime you are paying for delivery so it goes over the 22 euro threshold

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

theShire wrote: »

Prime. Did a 30 day trial on an old account I hadn't used in awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Newuser2

What are these for?

Newuser2 wrote: »
    What are these for?

I suppose extending your usb A ports on a usb-c laptop, connecting to a TV to watch movies if you don't already have hdmi, while simultaneously charging the device through PD from a power supply. And a card reader. If you look at the product there is a good pic of it all.

Or probably connect to a usb-c phone too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I ordered a very similar one before but it was problematic. The HDMI port flat out didn't work, the RJ45 network connection would drop regularly, the usb ports wouldn't power anything unless I connected an additional power source. In the end, I ordered a USB 3.0 extension port that had USB ports and the RJ45 so I could get full use of my gigabit fibre connection.

This one is often cheaper (but no ethernet port) and is better reviewed so worth keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Have one already, didn't need another one really, but this one has ethernet and my other one does not, this will do for my Mac, so of course I ordered one...

Thanks OP!

I suppose extending your usb A ports on a usb-c laptop, connecting to a TV to watch movies if you don't already have hdmi, while simultaneously charging the device through PD from a power supply. And a card reader. If you look at the product there is a good pic of it all.

Or probably connect to a usb-c phone too.

Do you power them from the mains and the usbc connection is for hdmi ethernet

They seem very confusing to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Presumably it varies model to model but do these tend to work with tablets?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have 3 of these, they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO handy, I've 1 left in my laptop bag, 1 in work and 1 at home, just hook them up to your phone/laptop/tablet and off you go, no need to have a load of different cables. I can confirm that they work with Samsung phones and tablets, in fact when my laptop broke last year I used 1 with my phone in Dex mode and I gave serious consideration to getting rid of the laptop altogether and just using the phone

Clareman wrote: »
    I have 3 of these, they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO handy, I've 1 left in my laptop bag, 1 in work and 1 at home, just hook them up to your phone/laptop/tablet and off you go, no need to have a load of different cables. I can confirm that they work with Samsung phones and tablets, in fact when my laptop broke last year I used 1 with my phone in Dex mode and I gave serious consideration to getting rid of the laptop altogether and just using the phone
    So how do they work?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Newuser2 wrote: »
    So how do they work?

You connect the USB connection to your device's USB-C socket, in your tablet/phone that's your charger, in your laptop that's something else. In the dock you connect your different devices, network, phone, keyboard, screen and they all show up in the phone/laptop/tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Didn't know I needed one. Bought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Seems like a nice device.
    Ordered. Thanks op.

Now to find out what it does!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Seems to be unavailable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

One OP posted is currently unavailable

Similar available for <€20 delivered

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08LVR385K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AYNZ4OZ0R7D81&psc=1

fdevine wrote: »
    One OP posted is currently unavailable

Similar available for <€20 delivered

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08LVR385K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AYNZ4OZ0R7D81&psc=1

Yes, had seen that. Just in case it matters to people though, that ethernet is max 100 mbps. Not 1gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭andy.dunleavy

Yes, had seen that. Just in case it matters to people though, that ethernet is max 100 mbps. Not 1gig.

still out of stock :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭TestLink

Missed! Shows "Currently unavailable. "

• Advertisement
Advertisement