Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Fantastic freebies - Scratch to win every week on app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

123654789 wrote: »
    I thought the €10 travel voucher last week was bad enough until i won the €5 version today. I'd prefer a Better luck next time message too.
    Anyone want it lol

The €5 ones are for the online site I think ; not Platnium Travel

Still not great but probably better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Useless travel voucher first time, 10 euro credit 2nd time, wife got the exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I can't access the app on my iPhone. Says it's being updated. Anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I cant access the app, its says I'm not a Vodafone customer. Whats the story there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

A €2 credit - but after putting in the code, I get an email which tells me the code is coming in the post? For €2? I assume sweet are going to use the postal address to spam me with useless travel offers. Vodafone will regret getting into bed with them, as previous clients have by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

I "won" 20% off popcorn :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

JTMan wrote: »
    I "won" 20% off popcorn :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's almost as bad as 30 nurses receiving one box of quality street between them instead of a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I assume sweet are going to use the postal address to spam me with useless travel offers. Vodafone will regret getting into bed with them, as previous clients have by all accounts.

Sweete's website isn't secure...

https://www.sweete.ie/

....doesn't work, the 's' after 'http' has to be deleted to access their homepage.

Why do VF even need a third party to administer a promotion, why can't their in house marketing dept run it

Note that any free credit won expires after 28 days if unused

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Ok, feeling very stupid. got a text somewhere today, or a notification, not sure what or which about the €10 credit BUT I can't find it now.

When I go into the app it correctly tells me that my balance is 0.40c, but on the right of that is a box telling me that my Bonus Credit is €10.00 and ends in 29 days. How do I use this credit or access it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

A €5 voucher for Vodafone’s own accessory store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Murt10

I really hope people weren't seriously expecting anything for free from these conmen.

I'm unfortunately locked into a one year contract with them that's costing me €35 per month. It doesn't give me enough data (20 gigs). When I complained their solution was to try and lock me into another 12 month contract.

48 is giving me 100 gigs of data for €8.00pm

I wouldn't recommend Vodafone to anyone.

Another totally dissatisfied customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kop Idol

Won a €5 voucher for the Vodafone Accessories store.

They have a deal at the moment where their V-Multi GPS tracker is down to €5. Presumably this is just to get you onboard as you need to then pay €2.99 monthly to connect it to the Vodafone network. Will probably never use it but it cost me nothing and I may find a use for it at some future date.

https://www.vodafonefaf.ie/collections/v-accessories/products/v-multi-vodafone-gps-tracker-black

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Can anyone tell me what I can use the bonus credit for? I tried to buy a book from the play store but it didn't go through. Is it just for calls, texts and data?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I don't have a clue either. I can see €10 bonus credit but I thought I could use it as a top up, but I just don't know how.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It won't work as a top up to activate a plan.

Most likely only use is for buying add ons or making calls.

If you have existing credit then it's unclear which is used up first...bonus or applied credit?

It costs VF virtually nothing to give away credit in this way due to convoluted terms and conditions.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ten Pin wrote: »
    It won't work as a top up to activate a plan.

Most likely only use is for buying add ons or making calls.

If you have existing credit then it's unclear which is used up first...bonus or applied credit?

It costs VF virtually nothing to give away credit in this way due to convoluted terms and conditions.
    I'd had that type of bonus credit from them before and you can't even use it to buy add-ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Quackster wrote: »
    I'd had that type of bonus credit from them before and you can't even use it to buy add-ons.

Ffs I’ve 2xe10 credit off them presumed I’d be able to use to top up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Ffs I’ve 2xe10 credit off them presumed I’d be able to use to top up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

Can never get app to work properly. Scratcher wont load ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

The bonus credit works for calls and texts, possibly data. It doesn’t work for add ons (I tried this morning).

Edit: making calls and texts reduced the bonus credit. Don’t know what else it can be used on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭georgem25

Sarn wrote: »
    The bonus credit is only for calls and texts, possibly data. It doesn’t work for add ons (I tried this morning).

I noticed a box on my app this morning saying €10 bonus credit will expire in 28 days. Not much use as my package has free calls, texts and data. Can I use it for competitions?

georgem25 wrote: »
    I noticed a box on my app this morning saying €10 bonus credit will expire in 28 days. Not much use as my package has free calls, texts and data. Can I use it for competitions?

Sorry, I don’t know. I’ve just updated my post above slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hey,

I believe that if you post something to a business like Vodafone, and "forget" to put a stamp on it, An Post will deliver it, and charge Vodafone for the postage - before Vodafone get to open the unstamped post.

Now, what to do with all those crap vouchers that they've been parking off on us all, as prizes? I suppose, if your not going to use them, it makes sense to send them back to the good people at Vodafone :)

Vodafone Ireland
    Mountainview
    Leopsrdstown
    Dublin 18

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got €10 free credit this time ,better then €10 off a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

€10 Vodafone credit last week, €5 credit this week.

Did they get sent by post or credited to your account?

caycro wrote: »

€10 bonus credit appeared in my Vodafone app, which I presume is the credit I won. It doesn’t show up when I check my balance by text.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Got €10 free credit this time ,better then €10 off a holiday.
    Good luck trying to use it on anything useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Good luck trying to use it on anything useful!

Good point i have €60 in credit at moment, what can be done with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

€10 bonus credit appeared in my Vodafone app, which I presume is the credit I won. It doesn’t show up when I check my balance by text.

What ?? Email says i will get by post edit- shows as bonus credit on my app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

caycro wrote: »

Its thr as bonus credit on the app !

Advertisement