Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky 500MB Broadband, Tv and and Sky Sports €55pm

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

skinny90 wrote: »
    Can Vouch for this. I had the run around with BB getting active after a move. emailed JD and had broadband the following day. The following friday, TV was meant to be installed. No sign of him/her so I called the cs team. Same BS, was told it needed to be rebooked and they couldnt give me a date. Emailed JD and I had an engineer the following morning on a Saturday.

Who or what is JD?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

celt262 wrote: »
    Is it now 19e no matter how many additional boxes you have?

In short, yes, but your get your first mini box free with multiroom IIRC

Subsequent boxes are charged for but multiroom fee stays the same

• Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Who or what is JD?

John Delaney

Sure he could run FIFA

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

This may seem like an odd question but if I add on the Ultra HD pack do I need the HD pack as well to get HD (standard def now really) channels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

This may seem like an odd question but if I add on the Ultra HD pack do I need the HD pack as well to get HD (standard def now really) channels?

We have the 2tb Q box and no HD subscription at all but can watch/download anything that's available in Ultra in 4K

We have to download anything that isn't Ultra in SD though which is a pain as the default is HD

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rudiger2.0

Yes you do. I bought just the SD originally and was told that if I wanted UHD, I'd have to buy HD first.

fdevine wrote: »
    We have the 2tb Q box and no HD subscription at all but can watch/download anything that's available in Ultra in 4K

We have to download anything that isn't Ultra in SD though which is a pain as the default is HD

ah ok that's a bit of a cluster, thanks.

What’s the story with the Mastercard?
    Have many got them yet?
    I checked the rewards section online, it says “already claimed, awaiting dispatch”.
    I didn’t do anything to claim it & it’s had that status for a while. Are they slow in dispatching them?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lardarse

Just off the phone to Sky again asking about the debit card.
    Was first told there should be a link in your first bill to claim it. Now being told you have to wait for 90 days and will appear in your sky app rewards.

Anyone know anything different, as anyone claimed it a different way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

Did you link your sky card to your sky go account?

Yes. I can logon to my account online and I can watch Sky Go if the app is connected to a Sky Q box only. Found a thread online and it seems that others have had the same issue and one person reported back that a Sky person responded to them saying that their account was flagged as pending in the back end which Sky Go would see - but not the box.

And for me Sky Go was working until installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,080 ✭✭✭mada999

It doesn’t need a landline, but you will need to change FTTH. Sky don’t resell Open Eir’s version, only SIRO.

I might be mistaken but I think i'm on Sky FTTH?

whats the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Question regarding the sky multiroom box. Will I need a engineer to install or do sky just post out the box and easy install yourself?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Question regarding the sky multiroom box. Will I need a engineer to install or do sky just post out the box and easy install yourself?

I'd say its just plug and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

fdevine wrote: »
    In short, yes, but your get your first mini box free with multiroom IIRC

Subsequent boxes are charged for but multiroom fee stays the same

Any additional boxes after the first mini are €120 each unless it changed since I got mine in but that was 2 years ago now and you can't just plug and play, they send an engineer out or again at least they did when I got mine..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Anyone else get told by Sky that you only get the €50 mastercard after 3 bills have been paid? They said that it never tagged on my account despite order online during BF sign up and they escalated it. I've called 4-5 times now, each time on hold for ages, explain everything and then get promised a call back that never arrives. Today they say you must pay 3 bills before its issued :mad: I don't think you can complain to Comreg here but is there a body that looks after that type of shenanigans. CCPC? They'd rot ya having to call them and being passed around and no one taking ownership of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Anyone else get told by Sky that you only get the €50 mastercard after 3 bills have been paid? They said that it never tagged on my account despite order online during BF sign up and they escalated it. I've called 4-5 times now, each time on hold for ages, explain everything and then get promised a call back that never arrives. Today they say you must pay 3 bills before its issued :mad: I don't think you can complain to Comreg here but is there a body that looks after that type of shenanigans. CCPC? They'd rot ya having to call them and being passed around and no one taking ownership of it.

I got it after initial bill was paid ie first full bill inclusive of extra box etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Think I read on their terms and conditions that it was 30 days after the first bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I got it soon after first bill too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Thank you both. I knew they were talking rubbish and just making things up to wash their hands of the issue. 3 direct debits later was a timeframe just picked out of a supervisors head, quite clearly hadn't a clue what they were talking about. I had issues where they completely disconnected the phone service as part of the order too even though I requested the phone too. It took an extra 3 weeks for them to reconnect it. Rubbish customer care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭loriexxx

What’s the best way to get this deal if I am already a sky customer as my 24 month contract has just ended and now paying over €130 per month for tv and broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

loriexxx wrote: »
    What’s the best way to get this deal if I am already a sky customer as my 24 month contract has just ended and now paying over €130 per month for tv and broadband

you won't get a deal. You will have to contact sky, or look at the offers in the Sky App for you once you log in. I got Sky Sports, BT sports and Movies for 34.50 for six months (I'll cancel in six months time) provided I went into a new 12 month contract with them. I did.

Broadband was 35 a month for 12 months. The 12 months was up and they quoted me 75 for broadband. 75 euro......seriously. I rang them and the best they'd do was 50. So I switched broadband to EIR and got it for 30 euro for 12 months.

loriexxx wrote: »

I don’t know about this particular deal. But to get the best price you can, ring to cancel & see what they offer. If it’s no good, go ahead with the cancellation & join again as a new customer under a different name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    I don’t know about this particular deal. But to get the best price you can, ring to cancel & see what they offer. If it’s no good, go ahead with the cancellation & join again as a new customer under a different name.

It doesn't work like that. I was told the address was not a new customer fir 12 months after cancelling. That's what I was told anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

mailburner wrote: »
    I got it soon after first bill too

Just realised I never got the €50 card. assume others would be the same so reminder to people to follow up as it popped into my head randomly....

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭razor12345

Folks, do you still need a landline for sky, I'm in this house approx 2 years, not sure when there w last was a land line here

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

Im wondering the same. No landline here.working off three wifi but its woeful. I assumed thats all that would be available to me without a phone line ( theres never been one here).Would be great to think theres an alternative. Weve had sky tv in the past, id get it back if it offered decent broadband at an affordable cost.
    Thanks.

Just got sky tv and broadband (openeir) installed in the last month. My tv box is only connected to a Coax cable and my router (to be able to download shows). I didn't get their phone package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

No you do not need a landline to get sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

So, does that mean that even if i have no phone wires to the house at all, i could still get sky broadband? I had sky tv few years back, but at that time they told me i needed phone line for broadband. If not, i might give them a ring. Is sky broadband reliable for streaming etc. Our three signal is always buffering when we try to watch netflix etc.

Advertisement