Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 piece rods

Options
  • 01-01-2021 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I'm looking at getting a new spinning set up and have noticed that a lot of them are now four piece rods.

Are there any massive drawbacks or are they to be avoided?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I dunno about spinning rods tbh, but multiple piece fly rods were generally inferior to two piece(at the same price point/model), but they have come on in leaps and bounds in the last couple of decades. I'd expect the same of spinning outfits?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

No problem with fly rods these days anyway, quite common in 6 piece even, for travel

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭flended12

4 piece rods more likely for ease of use if travelling. Have a couple of 3 pieces, no issue. Personally, if I was going for a travel rod, I'd aim for a telescopic rather than multiple pieces.

Each to their own and all that jazz. Tight lines.

Advertisement