Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rating Different Home Alarm Apps

Options
  • 04-02-2020 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Since most alarm systems have an associated APP for your smartphone here are some user review stats for the Android App -Google Play (4th Feb 2020)

-Gives a rough idea of app functionality AND whether the company posts responses. Poor (1) Best (5)

Security App|Average Rating|Responds to User Comments
    Pyronix (Home Control Plus) | 2.5 | YES
    TYCO -Visonic-Go | 2.8 | NO
    HKC | 3.8 | NO
    Siemens Vanderbilt (SPC Connect) | 3.8 | YES
    Alarm.com | 3.8 | YES
    Ajax |4.5 | YES

Any more to add?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Thanks.
    Risco has 3.9 avg rating (2k ratings) and they seem to respond as well.
    GSD i70 app has rating of 4.1 (13 ratings) and last from 2018.

Curious if Apple AppStore shows similar ratings for the iOS apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Fishdoodle

Thanks whosedaddy? - Update:

ANDROID APP:

Security App|Average Rating|Responds to User Comments | No. of Ratings
    Pyronix (Home Control Plus) | 2.5 | YES | 1913 |
    TYCO -Visonic-Go | 2.8 | NO | 517 |
    Yale | 2.8 | YES | 856 |
    HKC | 3.8 | NO | 179 |
    Siemens Vanderbilt (SPC Connect) | 3.8 | YES | 210 |
    Alarm.com | 3.8 | YES | 22,721 |
    Risco | 3.9 | YES | 2,128
    GSD i70 | 4.1 | YES | 13 |
    Ajax |4.5 | YES | 1,913 |

APPLE IOS APP (PHONE)

TYCO -Visonic-Go | No Data | | 0 |
    Pyronix (Home Control Plus) | 1 | | 1 |
    Alarm.com | 2 | | 3 |
    HKC Secure Comm| 3| NO | 51 |
    GSD i70 | 3 | | 3 |
    Yale | 3.3 | YES | 6 |
    Ajax |3.3 | YES | 3 |
    Siemens Vanderbilt (SPC Connect) | 4 | | 5 |

Risco | 4 | NO | 10

For IOS App, company responses (yes/no) included where app has 10 or more reviews, unless there is a response evident with fewer reviews. Not really enough ratings on this app to get an accurate overall picture IMO :-)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yale 3.3 on the Apple App store for 6 reviews and the developer responds.

One gothcha to look out for for Yale and potentially other apps, is that Yale completely replaced the app last year with one that works much better, yet the reviews are mixed from both old and new versions of the app. Poor reviews seem to be old reviews and thus the old app, the good reviews seem to be mostly from the past year, after the new app was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Yale smart living home on play store as avg rating 2.8 based on 856 reviews. Assa abloy is responding.

Re apple AppStore this is Irish store data. Data in UK or US is wee bit different (as you would expect), but not huge amounts of reviews , with the exception of alarm.com in US.

ANDROID APP:

Pyronix (Home Control Plus) | 2.5 | YES | 1913 |
    TYCO -Visonic-Go | 2.8 | NO | 517 |
    Yale | 2.8 | YES | 856 |
    HKC | 3.8 | NO | 179 |
    Siemens Vanderbilt (SPC Connect) | 3.8 | YES | 210 |
    Alarm.com | 3.8 | YES | 22,721 |
    Risco | 3.9 | YES | 2,128
    GSD i70 | 4.1 | YES | 13 |
    Ajax |4.5 | YES | 1,913 |

APPLE IOS APP (PHONE)

TYCO -Visonic-Go | No Data | | 0 |
    Pyronix (Home Control Plus) | 1 | | 1 |
    Alarm.com | 2 | | 3 |
    HKC Secure Comm| 3| NO | 51 |
    GSD i70 | 3 | | 3 |
    Yale | 3.3 | YES | 6 |
    Ajax |3.3 | YES | 3 |
    Siemens Vanderbilt (SPC Connect) | 4 | | 5 |

Risco | 4 | NO | 10

For IOS App, company responses (yes/no) included where app has 10 or more reviews, unless there is a response evident with fewer reviews. Not really enough ratings on this app to get an accurate overall picture IMO :-)

• Advertisement

bk wrote: »
    Yale 3.3 on the Apple App store for 6 reviews and the developer responds.

One gothcha to look out for for Yale and potentially other apps, is that Yale completely replaced the app last year with one that works much better, yet the reviews are mixed from both old and new versions of the app. Poor reviews seem to be old reviews and thus the old app, the good reviews seem to be mostly from the past year, after the new app was released.

-Yep -Valid point there! Nice that they have a presence responding to reviews all the same. I'm really surprised HKC don't respond. The app costs €7.99 and quite widely used in Ireland and UK as far as I know.

Re apple AppStore this is Irish store data. Data in UK or US is wee bit different (as you would expect), but not huge amounts of reviews , with the exception of alarm.com in US.

Yeah, getting data from apple store is tricky. From a MacPro, you only get Apps showing up for the desktop version. Then on IPad, you've gotta specify app for Iphone. Strange that the reviews are localised to only Ireland. Wonder if there's any way to get the bigger picture?

Seems, more people are using Android phones than Iphones :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Fishdoodle wrote: »
    -Yep -Valid point there! Nice that they have a presence responding to reviews all the same. I'm really surprised HKC don't respond. The app costs €7.99 and quite widely used in Ireland and UK as far as I know.

Good point. It'd be great if the table showed the cost and whether it's a subscription or once off.

Advertisement