Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intermittent fasting

Options
  • 27-12-2019 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

I know this has been discussed several times already. I’m calorie counting & fitting in as much walking as I can. In my mid 40’s & cannot shift the last stone at all... its not a huge amount to lose but I’m not getting anywhere & it really gets me depressed a lot. Thinking of doing 16/8, would love to hear positive feedback on this, will keep me strong when I’m struggling...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭thomasdylan

tamara25 wrote: »
    I know this has been discussed several times already. I’m calorie counting & fitting in as much walking as I can. In my mid 40’s & cannot shift the last stone at all... its not a huge amount to lose but I’m not getting anywhere & it really gets me depressed a lot. Thinking of doing 16/8, would love to hear positive feedback on this, will keep me strong when I’m struggling...

Review article published last week here:
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMra1905136?query=featured_home

You might not be able to access it but Intermittent fasting came off very positively.

"Preclinical studies and clinical trials have shown that intermittent fasting has broad-spectrum benefits for many health conditions, such as obesity, diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular disease, cancers, and neurologic disorders. Animal models show that intermittent fasting improves health throughout the life span, whereas clinical studies have mainly involved relatively shortterm interventions, over a period of months. It remains to be determined whether people can maintain intermittent fasting for years and potentially accrue the benefits seen in animal models. "

Advertisement