Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature medicine 2016

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 chris241111

dark-ashes wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what they got on ACER practice hpat and then in hpat? Is it realistic score in practice?

Just did the first practice one there and got 197.

I know you don't want to hear but, no .....was getting 250 in them (did it under time condition in school) ended up with 140 :( , but they are good practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SidewaysSlider

Hi everyone!!

Has anyone heard anything from UCC?? They sent out emails yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mostlycircles

Hi everyone!!

Has anyone heard anything from UCC?? They sent out emails yesterday!

Hi sideways,

Did you hear back in the end? I got the email that day... Waiting list. To me that's nearly worse than a rejection!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hey Lee!

Hi guys,
    Does anyone know when the CAO offers are out? I know it was this time last year..
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kazbaz

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what questions they ask in the interviews? Particularly interested in trinity and RCSI.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Alreadyinuse

Hi all,

Just wondering has anybody been offered places from a waiting list position in any of the colleges over the summer? Was anyone told directly by RCSI after the interviews that they were on a waiting list or was it just a plain rejection with no mention of a waiting list?
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BeansandToast

Hi all,

Just wondering has anybody been offered places from a waiting list position in any of the colleges over the summer? Was anyone told directly by RCSI after the interviews that they were on a waiting list or was it just a plain rejection with no mention of a waiting list?
    Thank you!

Hi,

Sorry about the late reply, haven't been on in a while. I have a friend who got put on waiting list after interview with RCSI, then got an offer around mid July, so I would imagine it's all done unfortunately. I'm not too sure if they still take on more people if others drop out at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Hey,
    I know my friend got offered a place on undergrad RCSI after being wait listed. This was a few years ago.
    I'd say the wait list offers will be out this week or next. Usually people who do both undergrad and postgrad medicine routes who get offered undergrad accept it but then may not take up their place when they get offered grad Med. That place then goes to the wait listed candidate.
    Might be a small sliver of hope left yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dazh10

Hi all

I'm hoping someone could help me regarding applying as a mature medicine candidate this year. I am a recent graduate with a 2.2 science degree which rules me out for the grad entry and I will be taking the Hpat this year. As for relative experience I have been working in a pharmacy dispensary for three years now. I've been reading a lot about documentation you need to submit so I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light on what kind of documentation I would need?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mrs.Doyle28

Hi all,
    I was just wondering if any of 2016's mature entry med applicants could throw some light on funding for the 5 year course? If I get in (a very big if!), it will be my second degree. Are mature entry applicants eligible for bank loans that GEM applicants are eligible for? Or anything similar? How is everyone funding medicine as a second degree?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vladcount

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for awhile and meant to post so many times and just got really busy. So after interviews with NUIG, RCSI and UCD I am FINALLY going in to medicine! So unbelievably excited but absolutely terrified at the prospect of it.

Looking forward to meeting some of you RCSI people in a few months!

And for those unsuccessful this year, DO NOT GIVE UP! I have interviewed at every medical school over the past 3 years so get feedback, fill in the gaps and apply again if you're hell bent on medicine.

HI ya :) How did UCD work it out, I'm doing a MPH in UCD, and applied to the Mature entry route for medicine, when or did they even let you know about interviews?

Just after HPAT so hoping I did well, how did you do in your HPAT, are they really that HPAT orientated?

Thanks again:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bam_Bam_7777

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can recall how long RCSI give you to submit your supporting documents once they've asked for them?

Cheers!!

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can recall how long RCSI give you to submit your supporting documents once they've asked for them?

Cheers!!

Dont know buddy I think I seen a post with them saying it says a spe ific date on a email. Why have you been asked for information yet if so im done before I begin haha

Anyone elses heart jump with RCSIs email last night haha

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Hi all,
    I was just wondering if any of 2016's mature entry med applicants could throw some light on funding for the 5 year course? If I get in (a very big if!), it will be my second degree. Are mature entry applicants eligible for bank loans that GEM applicants are eligible for? Or anything similar? How is everyone funding medicine as a second degree?

Hey this is probably a late reply to your question!
    I started mature med in 2016.
    You are elible for the BOI GEM loan. (The €15k each year for four years). That means you have to fund one year yourself. It also means that you have to pay the balance each year of about €1k.
    I'm in RCSI and that's how t works there. Might be different to other colleges whose tuition fees are slightly cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mrs.Doyle28

Thanks for the reply nairy hipples!! If I hadn't had such a shocker of a hpat, that would be great news. Unfortunately I don't think financing medicine is going to be an issue for me this year! Sights already set on 2018!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭WorthlessPeon

When are mature hpat results released?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PaulinoFab

They are already out. Think it came out on the 12/13th of April

Interesting, would people mind sharing their scores?

Any change in the general percentile ranges?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ahorseortwo

Interesting, would people mind sharing their scores?

Any change in the general percentile ranges?

Most wont be willing to share on here, mature percentiles are different from the general application pool regardless.

• Advertisement

Most wont be willing to share on here, mature percentiles are different from the general application pool regardless.
    Oh really? How do they differ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ahorseortwo

Hey All,

Anyone with any specifics of questions asked in the RCSI interview care to share?

I have heard there are some related specifically to the HSE ect so would love to hear from someone who might have been through the process previously.

Thanks

Any one tll me how the RCSI BOI Loan works
    as in do you need to have collateral for it etc.
    the info that the websites dont give!

Advertisement