Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens alarm installer limerick

Options
  • 03-12-2015 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Spent the last week ringing alarm companies in linerick/Tipperary looking for a installer to supply and fit or just fit a siemans alarm

House is pre wired

Anyone I ring just wants to install HKC

Any recommendations by PM would be appreicated

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It is shocking the ammount of people in this industry who are only interested in installing what they want. Whatever happened to good service and giving the customer what they want?
    As I always say , beware of the one trick ponies.
    I have PMed you a contact for a good installer close to you. He is in the business a long time & very experienced with most good systems including Siemens/Vanderbilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

KoolKid wrote: »
    It is shocking the ammount of people in this industry who are only interested in installing what they want. Whatever happened to good service and giving the customer what they want?
    I have PMed you a contact for a good installer close to you. He is in the business a long time & very experienced with most good systems including Siemens/Vanderbilt.

Thanks Koolkid

Will give him a call tomorrow. Electronics and electrical systems is my background and would happily install it myself but we are Nearly finished our build and want to be in for Christmas so I'm having to contract out some of the jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hardgas

Hi all

Spent the last week ringing alarm companies in linerick/Tipperary looking for a installer to supply and fit or just fit a siemans alarm

House is pre wired

Anyone I ring just wants to install HKC

Any recommendations by PM would be appreicated

Thanks

Hi OP,

I am in a very similar situation. I would like to know where did you buy your Siemens alarm, what model etc...? I'm in Limerick also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hardgas

Hi KoolKid, would you mind PM the contact details also. Intruder alarm is on my to-do list after Christmas. The house is pre-wired and I am thinking of installing myself (peace of mind rather than insurance purposes). Was looking to install Siemens or Risco if I can source........any help is much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Hi , sorry to thread hijack but I have a Europplex alarm installed that's gone on the blink and can't get anyone in the limerick/tipp area to look at it , all they want to do is install a new hkc. Can you recommend anyone to sort mine. Europlex is the same as Siemens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 jcmjmurphy

Hi Koolkid,

I am also looking for a Siemens installer in the Limerick area and would be grateful if you could PM me details of a competent installer in the area. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here for a recommendation too. Im also looking for a Siemens installer in the Limerick area

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Pm sent. :)

Pm sent. :)

Hi Koolkid , the company you recommended to me are an excellent bunch , good customer service , good knowledge and a fair price. Don't know if Im allowed name them under forum rules . Am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Can you pm me the company?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Car99 wrote:
    Hi Koolkid , the company you recommended to me are an excellent bunch , good customer service , good knowledge and a fair price. Don't know if Im allowed name them under forum rules . Am I?

On some forums yes, but not here , it would essentially be advertisement. Generally there's no issue asking for a supplier and someone popping up a name. But not a pure pimping post sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

I thought Siemens alarms were closed protocol.

Tefral wrote: »
    I thought Siemens alarms were closed protocol.

In what way?

XsApollo wrote: »
    Can you pm me the company?
    Thanks.

You have pm

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jose Maria

Could I also get the PM for the company, Thanks

Sent you that. Send him my regards.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Lots of alternatives to siemens chaps , or vanderbilt as i believe they are known as now , they're good but not better than hkc or even risco at a push .

Thing is a good installer would never recommend whats best for you without a site visit and risk assessment of the premises .

Lots of alternatives to siemens chaps , or vanderbilt as i believe they are known as now , they're good but not better than hkc or even risco at a push .

Thing is a good installer would never recommend whats best for you without a site visit and risk assessment of the premises .

And as you can see from many replies on this forum many installers only want you to install what they want.
    Risco , Siemens/Vanderbilt & GSD apps are free to download & free to use.
    We are installing GSD & Siemens/Vanderbilt systems almost every day. And the common thing I hear from all those customers is they dont want to have to pay to use an app that others supply for free.
    This subject has been bashed out many times. There is a good sticky on it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

And as you can see from many replies on this forum many installers only want you to install what they want.
    Risco , Siemens/Vanderbilt & GSD apps are free to download & free to use.
    We are installing GSD & Siemens/Vanderbilt systems almost every day. And the common thing I hear from all those customers is they dont want to have to pay to use an app that others supply for free.
    This subject has been bashed out many times. There is a good sticky on it here.

"Many only want" - yet you only want to install siemens ?

All im saying is that a security company should give the customers all options not just push one brand as you obviously do . Its the end users choice if they want to use apps and/or pay for them . But as far as wireless alarms go hkc are head and shoulders above the rest and customers need to be told this truthfully . Now in all fairness hkc have their faults too , im not here pushing them in any way . Their app is silly at the price of it and the others have an edge there but as far as quality of product goes they are tops and customers need to be told

I don't only install Siemens. If you read through my posts you will see that. I don't push the systems. In most cases people call asking for a particular panel as they have already heard the one trick pony's stories. I am also asked directly for IP panels without charges.
    I also install a lot of systems where people have been told they need to replace everything because the installer will only install HKC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Conar

Can you PM me the details please. Looking to get an alarm installed in Clare.

Sent you a PM of a good lad who should be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

I'm in Limerick. Could you PM me the contact details as well please? I'm looking for a non-monitored house alarm without monthly charge for the app. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,505 ✭✭✭✭banie01

limktime wrote: »
    I'm in Limerick. Could you PM me the contact details as well please? I'm looking for a non-monitored house alarm without monthly charge for the app. Thanks

I was going to start a new thread on this, looking for an installer in Limerick I mean.

Contacted a few people around, give details of the job (Reinstall sensors after putting in new windows) and not one single installer has taken the job.

So @Koolkid, I'll take a PM too if you please?

Sent PMs to you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Spark85

Hey koolkid. Any chance you could send me that Siemens installer in limerick. Thanks

Advertisement